How do I debloat my ubuntu install? Pic related -- I can't get memory usage to lower than 200mb

How do I debloat my ubuntu install? Pic related -- I can't get memory usage to lower than 200mb.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-08 13-06-56.png (800x600, 79K)

Install Lubuntu

icewm
connman & connmanctl instead of networkmanager gui...
dunno..

Just install windows 7 if you want windows UI so bad

Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

200MB is pretty damn low if you are using a full DE, use some minimal WM like openbox if you really want to go lower, without nm-applet you can go as low as 100MB with debian dk about ubunto tho

Switch to a 32 bit build if you can (memory overhead for larger pointers is HUGE), disable unnecessary services and use lighter replacements for software you use. Consider switching to stuff from suckless if you can.

Not when you have only 2 gb of ram. :^)
Yeah, I just tried all those and it barely changed the ram usage (like, 5 ~ 10 less mb used compared to before).
>you can go as low as 100MB with debian
Then I guess I'll switch to debian.

INSTALL GENTOO

>just switched to deb
>memory usage went down to 145mb
naic
>suckless
Yeah, I just tried those and they seem quite pointless. Like, 5 mb less memory usage compared to firefox or whatever.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-08 15-02-22.png (800x600, 145K)

Just set swappiness to 100 (max) and enjoy a fully debloated operating system.

Disable any running services you don't need.
Just make sure you know what you're doing so you don't disable your keyboard or some shit.

I bet you are just trolling but still it does not matter if you have onyl 2 gb it's still wasted. Your pc can handle these things on its own you know?
ps. Install debian without de and enjoy your bloat free experience.

>Just make your ram completely useless with this command and enjoy a fully debloated operating system.

Attached: dedd2312344e43c7acd4d64213894ff9c50d40a0.gif (445x280, 2.3M)

>remove DE
>can't run firefox anymore because no gui lol
wat do

wm

>wm
i see.
i love you, user. thanks

Well that's what you wanted you inbred mongoloid. Unused ram is wasted ram.

>70k~90k ram
Eh... that outta do it.

Attached: screen.png (800x600, 21K)

Surf isn't their best, if you want a lighweight web browser consider some terminal one linke elinks, there's also netsurf.
When it comes to suckless software, I'm talking about things like dmenu, slock, dwm and st.

Unironically install Gentoo

This.

Attached: installgentoo.png (1440x900, 38K)

Why does every Win9x theme on Jow Forums suck so fucking bad? It's always just lazily replacing the application drawer icon with a start menu graphic and then sticking a wallpaper that says WINDOWS 95 in big letters just to make sure you know what it's supposed to be (but isn't)

maybe dont have a shit pc. i run xubuntu with all packages and use less than 10% of my ram.

>the sentiment that has absolutely killed modern programs and apps.

you can fuck right off.

Attached: FUCK YOU.gif (300x161, 2.67M)

based
redpill me on this setup. I mean I know its just X, but do you have a custom script to start a program and an x session at once or what

just download more ram retard

>redpill me on this setup
instant boot/reboot times
no clutter/bloat
enough free ram to let a song/video/whatever playing on the background
can load firefox with tabs while giving zero fucks
aesthetically pleasant
etc
the annoying part is to set up custom scripts

nvm, im retarded. just download lightdm

why the fuck do you need your ram usage to be lower than 200 mb?

32 bit
suckless shit
busybox
musl

see