Which of these two has influenced more the the world of computing?

Which of these two has influenced more the the world of computing?

Attached: U74P2DT20110906080041.jpg (550x320, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67KtxG_0DVo
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html#BSD
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stallman

both

dmr

I'll go with Freedom Jesus vs. Rude Kernelman.

ur mom

William gates

Hans Reiser

ritchie

Tuxidux

Ya boi Alan Turing

Attached: 220px-Alan_Turing_Aged_16.jpg (220x299, 14K)

'two,' by way of the fact that it is a number.

me

Without Stallman there would be no Linux, without Linus we would all be using GNU/Hurd now.

Stallman is just a nigger who eat stuffs he grab from his foot
youtube.com/watch?v=67KtxG_0DVo

Linus Torvald is a real nigga from the Nordic master-race who has charisma and is responsible for one of, if not the most important kernel in the history of computing. Linux is literally everywhere, and everyone, from banks to frickin' governments, care or maintain a server using it, while nobody cares about GNU programs such as Emacs outside of useless incels who think they are computer science geniuses because they managed to install Gentoo, and VIM is better anyway.

Stallman is just an autistic and entitled communist who whines about his GNU/Freedom wherever he can
Torvalds actually gets shit done and started the biggest open source project which is an actual contribution to our economy and thus creates jobs and money

Attached: 1521004905754.jpg (581x764, 169K)

Oh shit waddup

Bill gates

>what is gcc

Steve jobs ofc

Linus.
How delusional do you have to be to thinks otherwise?

>influenced
Stallman

Linus is a good programmer and probably a good project lead, but Stallman inspired an entire movement.

>Linus Torvald is a real nigga from the Nordic master-race
he's finnish

definitely linus. My respect for stallman isn't for his tech accomplishments but for his cause.

>communist
I don't get this line of thinking at all. I don't know if it can be compared to any government system but if anything, the free software movement is more capitalist than the alternative because it discourages monopolies.

Inefficient alternative to clang

Linus easily.

Richard Stallman is literally a self-described communist

Based homo.

Finland is a nordic country, user.

He's stated on stallman.org that he's not a communist if I remember correctly.

he just even looks gay. i have a very good gaydar i think. maybe i was meant to be gay myself. oh well.

In a previous life you were raped to death in an opium den by a pack of feral homo's reading Wilde.

He's a jew so he's a Communist. Communism is nothing more than an extension of Judaism.

>open source
Linux is free software.
Besides, it's useless without GNU.

This. Trips of truth.
This genius is solely responsible for both GNU and Linux, and he also invented the Turing machine and transistors. And don't forget foldable screens.

Easily Stallman, first good quality C compiler, emacs, GNU Project, the GPL, even as a BSD guy I can’t help but give him his propers. He’s a modern day digital Jesus.

Linus’s code was always half baked, it’s only after billions of corporate driven developer man years that the kernel is any good but it’s too bloated now, OpenBSD and Plan 9 are the future.

The one who made an OS

Capital accumulation, a defining feature of capitalist systems, encourages monopolies to form.

Emacs is an OS, it implements a complete cross platform LISP machine.

The Dutch invented the transistor before WWII.

GNU is an operating system too.

Who needs GNU when you have emacs? It has everything but the hardware drivers.

It's the other way around, without Linux GNU would be stuck with the abandoned joke they call Hurd

No, we’d all be using BSD like God originally intended.

And be persecuted for sending virtual hugs? Hard pass.

Git has made more of an impact than both GNU and Linux

The main man of software freedom vs guy who wrote a clone of a kernel... is this even a question?

I agree, RMS is a politician while Linus is a practitioner, I know who to bring to my ark if God ever put me in charge

>pedo.file vs. snow.cuck
In the past probably the cuck but they are both just ineffectual figure heads now.

Better than running Jewgle’s official OS with kosher kode from Intel and more and more commits from MS devs.

Also Linux now has a CoC which is even stricter than that which FreeBSD eventually adopted. You have a list or something?

Linux, youth, wew. A virtual hug on the ML won’t just get your access revoked, the tranny Antifa members working for Jewgle will come burn your house down or kill your wife and frame you for it. Or just send hired goons to your house to help you “commit suicide.” It has happened before. It is one of the dangers of working with Linux’s confirmed evil corporate sponsors.

Ive always wondered if Lennart did him in personally or not.

Isn’t Linus a confirmed glow dark who sold his chip company to the NSA?

BSD is not freedom-respecting
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html#BSD

It is an FSF approved Free license.

Linux is under the GPL yet it still has blobs.
Please read the article I linked.

Finland is nordic in location only

If Linux didn't exist and BSD dominated, there would be 100% free BSD systems.

>FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD all include instructions for obtaining nonfree programs in their ports system. In addition, their kernels include nonfree firmware blobs.
>Nonfree firmware programs used with Linux, the kernel, are called “blobs”, and that's how we use the term. In BSD parlance, the term “blob” means something else: a nonfree driver. OpenBSD and perhaps other BSD distributions (called “projects” by BSD developers) have the policy of not including those. That is the right policy, as regards drivers; but when the developers say these distributions “contain no blobs”, it causes a misunderstanding. They are not talking about firmware blobs.
>None of those BSD distributions has policies against proprietary binary-only firmware that might be loaded even by free drivers.
>Linux, the kernel,
>Linux, the kernel,
>Linux, the kernel,
>Linux, the kernel,
HOLY AUTISM STALLMAN

They just copied Apple, like everyone else.

Jow Forumstard babbles are getting more incomprehensible by the day, what's happening over there?

Linus is a Fennoswede

That's what Nordic means, a location. Something can't be Mediterranean if it's located somewhere in South America.

Stallman made the most used compiler in the world, which in turn was used to compile both Linux and git.

You have zero chance making money with GPL software.
>Just hope for donations
Very capitalistic. I didn't become a computer scientist to beg for money like a filthy hobo.

Fins are Mongols from Asia.

>the most used
gcc only gained popularity because it's free and you're forgetting the fact that it was at one point forked and was made obsolete

You’re right, BSD’s where the money’s at.

I personally like Clang and anything LLVM myself.
They tend to be faster too, and cross compilation is easier.

Even Linus said Stallman is doing more harm than good to the community.

Linus is a confirmed glownigger who sold his chip company to the NSA. Even Linus’s dad admitted his kid’s a spook.

he's from the Swedish speaking minority in western Finland, a leftover from when Finland was a part of Sweden

I'm a Jew and am not a commie.

That's a wrong way to look at it. There are more Finnish speaking Swedes than there are Swedish speaking Finns.