/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K - Extreme setup for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1366049107494.jpg (1632x1224, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/NBKX6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/NBKX6s/by_merchant/
pcpartpicker.com/list/2PL9MZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for get the new version of the asrock taichi motherboard for high end zen 2 when they both come out in june

>recommending 6Gb for 1440p
well shilled friends haha get em

Attached: based 6Gb.png (1262x707, 418K)

SIR PLS BUY RTX 2060 IT VERY GOOD FOR 1440p GAMING

>9900k at $500 AND OC'd to 5Ghz requiring expensive cooling and a good motherboard.

Yet you'd be here recommending a 2700x and whining about the intel jews.

Attached: 2019-04-08 22_04_10.png (616x462, 81K)

How long did your headaches last after buying a fuck huge monitor? I have a 24 inch and it's too big (huehuehue).

...lol wut?

I use a 27" and a 43" at my desk and suffer from no headaches.

It's just like your first experience with a big cock; you get used to it.

Stop posting pozzed benchmarks, retard

Attached: BFV.png (1327x1225, 70K)

>fake benchmarks where Steve just looks up at the sky
lol

>year 2021
>triple A games on RTX 2060 at 1440p barely gets 60 FPS on medium quality settings, low textures due to limited VRAM
>performance "mysteriously" is drastically improved at 1080p and you can "somehow" turn textures up to high with no issue

Final check before build. Think this is it boys.

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/NBKX6s
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/NBKX6s/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($227.93 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: MSI - CORE FROZR L 71.27 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 Gaming Plus ATX AM4 Motherboard ($102.03 @ Walmart)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($174.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card
Case: Fractal Design - Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ B&H)
Total: $934.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-08 23:24 EDT-0400

buy rx 570 8gb for 1440p sir more ram better do the needful

>pooga 56
why

Yeah because your 5ghz 9900k is entirely realistic for a 1440p60hz build?

Come on, don't act this retarded. You're an AMD shill at heart and you know if paired with a 2600/2700 it would never perform that well.

>why

Hopefully land the version where I can flash the 64 bios and get better performance still. But it's fine, good value for the price at my level.

Get out of here with your pozzed benchmarks

Attached: untitled-5.png (714x934, 45K)

2600x and vengence 16gb 3000 cl 15 instead.
get a dark rock pro cpu cooler for cheaper and a wd 1tb ssd since it's speed won't degrade like the intel. also get a 7200rpm hdd instead of a 5400rpm

at the expense of heat and power draw, as well as older architecture meaning older hardware encode/decode engine and feature set.

Damn, I need to work on my eye holes then.

>38fps
lol

>raytracing on ultra
Learn to read, retard

yeah with RTX retard, something your PooMD card can't even do at 1 fps.

Or you could get a 1660 ti which is better and consumes half the power.

>Or you could get a 1660 ti which is better and consumes half the power.
How do you figure it's better? Everything I have researched points to the 56 being better.

Then you're looking at biased sources.

It CAN be better if it has a decent cooler and samsung vRAM that allow you to run the v64 bios

Generally though it's several % behind in many games excluding a few that favor AMD cards.

only partially relevant to this thread but do you guys think my i5 3570k would bottle neck my SLI gtx 970 (lmao shoot me in the head) setup? 1080p 144hz. thinking about a 2070 in the future

That's bullshit.
Most sources use the reference blower cards which perform far worse than the AIB cards.

You know this and you're just lying. Vega 56 is about 25% better than the 1660Ti.

Most console multiplats will favor V56 over the 1660Ti, not that the V56 should be bought at this point in most cases

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440.png (500x850, 50K)

>Vega 56 is about 25% better than the 1660Ti
that's just blatant horseshit and YOU know it.

>reference blower cards which perform far worse than the AIB cards.
No they don't. Reference "blower" cards can all hit stock boost clocks

Reference blowers thermal throttle, you lying retard

There's a sealed 2080 ti on craigslist for $900.
Is this still a bad value?

Not to mention you can oc the 1660ti and still stay in the 120W range. Only a retard would buy a deprecated housefire like a vega card.

>SLI gtx 970
lmao

You would probably be bottlenecked, but you wont get decent SLI scaling in 90% of games anyway, so not like it matters too much.

>Reference
Again, that's why they're called REFERENCE because you can REFER to them for standard performance

What CPU should I base a cheap plex media server pc on?

Depends if you want it to do transcoding on the fly or not. And at what bitrate.

Yeah sorry I thought it was implied that I'd like to do decent quality transcoding. If I didn't care about transcoding I'd just use an rpi or something.

For 1080p a modern i5 will do

For 4k you want a high clockspeed i7.

Not sure about AMD transcoding performance on plex.

great value actually. But the buying off CL is too much of a gamble.

For reference,
a 9700k gets 17200 passmark
2700X gets 16950
2600X gets 14300

8700k is 16000
9600k is 13500

a 2400G APU gets around 9300

Attached: 2019-04-09 00_02_56.png (844x245, 32K)

Great, thanks user.

>Not to mention you can oc the 1660ti and still stay in the 120W range. Only a retard would buy a deprecated housefire like a vega card.

What's so wrong with them for a year or two?

You mean besides what's already been said?

Does anyone here have the couger panzer max case here that can help me out with the wiring, im abit lost on it and i cant find the info i need in the manuals or online

Can someone point.me to a cable manegement tutorial page to declutter the inside of a pc

sirs
wait for poovi

poopvi with 32gb of vram

Reference isn't standard performance for Vega, you retard. You literally can't buy cards that perform that poorly. The AIB cards are better except that MSI blower one.
You're not just retarded, you're making up nonsense false arguments to try and justify your bias.

That's iGPU transcoding which is lower quality.

I have been at this for days and cant find a single scrap of info anywhere on these wires, i got one here that doesnt plug in anywhere, no fucking mention off it anywhere, it has 4 usb ports on the front but only 2 usb wires, fan splitters that plug straight into the front ports to the case fans, im losing my godamn mind on this and jewtube build vids always seem to skip right over most the wiring and focus on the easiest parts, i should have just paid the $150 to have it built but fuck it, its here now

>Reference isn't standard performance for Vega
Nice nonsensical claims, retard

here.

Posting from new PC, fucker loads windows so fucking fast is fucking unbeliabale holy shit.

Thanks for the help last thread, let me go and play some vidya.

So I finally built my pc today. B450 carbon pro, ryzen 2600x, and a 2060 gtx. I'm using the stock cooler, while placing it on I got it wrong a few times so the paste kept being applied and removed but I got it to work. Now my pc runs well but sticks to 60 degrees while playing some games and 68 after playing a lot on one monitor and watching stuff on another. Is this a bad temp to have and should I invest in more cooling?

Is there a modern solution to multitasking while playing a game aside from borderless windowed? Doesn't that lock your refresh rate to whatever the OS is using? I've heard windows 10 has a bug regarding this when using multiple monitors with different refresh rates but I keep seeing conflicting things.

>literally can't buy those cards for over a year past them continually being used for benchmarks
Go look at some Pascal FE card benchmarks.

What is this and where does it go

Attached: IMG_2742.jpg (3264x2448, 1.04M)

plz do the needful and kindly revert: wait for poozen?

Are parts shipped in weatherproof packaging, or are they just slapped in a cardboard box? It's reached that time of year where the weather is wildly inconsistent where I am and don't want to get screwed by a bad delivery.

yes sir poozen 2 6 core 5 ghz for 200 dollers is going to be great do the needful and wait

simpleton here

im gonna gun for the PCPB list for 1440p/ 100+ fps because i've worked hard to aquire a retard huge budget
basic gestalt on the list? anything you personally would try different?

Attached: 1548119281637.jpg (500x500, 17K)

Looks like a SATA power receiver. Connect it to a SATA power cable.

Cheers user, this is my first build, felt like i bit off more then i can chew with this but i think im almost done, these are for the cpu, what difference does it make using the larger socket compared to the 4 pin next to it

Attached: IMG_2745.jpg (3264x2448, 865K)

sir the current status quo doing needful of your rig OK? if status is true, then do wait for poozen. if status untrue, then the current needful would be 2 construct rig, but that depends on your wantful.

Plug both of them in, if possible. Though most modern CPUs will use the 8pin power connector, but the extra 4 pins are there to deliver the juice for OCers, or just in case.

The /pcbg/ pcpp lists are mostly trash.

trash how?
will they play games well enough or is there a real big dong "can't go wrong" build I should try?

I've had 2k stashed away since September to do a new build and for various reasons I just haven't. Shit is sold out, overpriced, poorly made, etc. How do I fix the itch when the market is so fucking retarded?

Attached: 1477880573196.gif (645x773, 8K)

Genuine question, RTX 2070 or Vega 64? Looking to upgrade as am currently borrowing friends r9 290x (had gtx 670 that died recently). The RTX 2070 is $699 AUD, but the Vega 64 is on special while there's stock, $635 (normally $999 Aud according to website). The Vega 64 is an Asus RX Vega 64-08g-Gaming2, the RTX 2070 is a Galax RTX 2070 EX (yes its not the absolute best brand, but reviews for it seem decent - no overheating issues). Big question though is does the Vega 64 draw massively more power than an rtx 2070? reviews seem to be all over the place, some stating it'll draw more than current r9 290x, others saying a few watts less. RTX 2070 from most reviews seems to indicate 180w for the GPU. Just looking to pick up a good GPU for around $700 AUD so I can give friend back their card i'm borrowing soon.

Also forgot to state the rest of my system (will be upgrading to Ryzen 3 when it comes out). Currently running an i5 2500k at 4.4Ghz, 16gb of 1600mhz ddr3 and a 650w Corsair HX PSU (which manages the r9 290x fine as full load is around 430w for entire system (cpu+gpu at 100% load). I know my CPU/Motherboard will be bottlenecking the gpu a bit but I will be doing a full system overhaul in a few months anyways, and just want to return friends gpu soon.

got my 1600 to 3.85ghz on just over 1.2v with the stock cooler. pretty happy with it.

Attached: Untitled.png (1645x932, 1.63M)

so can my 1070 which has 8gb of vram run at 1440p?

pcpartpicker.com/list/2PL9MZ
(optimizing for fps for crt like motion clarity and lowest latency possible) i'm cpu/ram speed bottlenecked here, stepping up to i9 doesn't do much for me as its small power increase isn't justified for the price above the i7. same with stepping up to 2080ti for 1080p, the average fps increase isn't much and minimums aren't impacted much either, this isn't true up to this point. it seems at the point where the 2080 is, 1080p is fully unlocked. we raw cpu/ram speed bound now. core count doesn't matter as long as its at least 4. i only need 8gb ram, 16gb total is ok if it can't be helped. i don't mind noise, recommend same performance cooling for cheaper if you know of it. i'm willing to pay 5% more more than a 5% performance gain, probably ram is the only thing possible left to optimize towards this. send help (max motherboard ram speed compatibility is 3866)

mobo and psu are referb. gpu is craigslist but the nigger isn't responding so maybe i'll have to find a different used one

Attached: 1541054490022.jpg (1222x763, 128K)

Someone is selling 120mm AIOs for $15.
I don't really need one but should I get one anyway?

Attached: processor.png (505x122, 107K)

Ive been planning on building a high end AIO for a while now and now I am wanting to pull the trigger on it. The only issue is that the motherboard I want I cant find being sold ANYWHERE. It is the ASRock Z170M-PIO2. Their site shows the pictures, specs, manuals, and everything else you'd expect but they don't sell it on their site and I cant find anyone selling it through google. Someone on a small forum said that they buy uDTX PIO motherboards off of taobao but you cant make a search without having an account and it is all in chinese.

Any ideas on how to find this elusive motherboard?
(Or know of any higher end uDTX PIO motherboards for sale?)
Pic related

Attached: Z170M-PIO2(L1).png (1200x1000, 290K)

>uDTX PIO
Why this instead of ITX? You'll never find support for it outside of China. Do you already have a case in mind?

Forgot the graphics card was held in by a clip, ripped the clip off taking it out, did i just waste 4k?

Are micro-ATX motherboards usually not that good for overclocking?

It all depends on the CPU power supply and maybe the MB's softwares

My original reason to go with it instead of ITX is that I like how the PCIe slot is layed out already and it doesn't need a long, fragile riser cable to place the GPU there. This has everything I want without much that I don't. I considered a thin mini ITX but I couldn't find any that I would like over this board (maybe I was already biased towards this form factor and didn't look enough).

I never even bothered to look up cases as I plan to fab my own to fit my odd needs. I do already have one of the panels I plan to use tho (I said I have odd needs) and have plans of the chassis layout and design.

>renderbaron

change that r to a b and things become very different.

It's just when I see tier lists of motherboards for overclocking, they usually never rate micro-ATX form motherboards highly.

built this one almost over one year ago
how did I do, should I bother upgrade something

>PSU
Corsair RM 750x
>Cooling
Cooler Master Masterliquid 240
>Case
Fractal Design Meshify C

I fell for the colored LEDs meme
but it's comfy to look at

Attached: Schermata 2019-04-09 alle 09.18.24.png (1298x744, 310K)

You don't need to change a thing and if you enjoy looking at the LEDs, then you didn't fall for anything, did you.

Is there any functional difference between 2x8GB of RAM and 4x4GB aside from the latter being less effective to upgrade on a 4-slot mobo? There shouldn't be any performance difference, right?

Should I wait for Zen 2?
The only reason I haven't bought a 2700X yet is because I'm holding out to find out if the single-thread of Zen 2 is a worthwhile improvement.
Currently using a 1600 and it's really not cutting it.

T-thanks
it's a pretty pc, I never liked glass panel until now
maybe the LED motherboard it's a little too much, but it's nice changing colors and stuff like that
also it's the very first PC I've completely assembled myself, so I'm very proud

on a side note, I have this old Mac Pro dusting in my old room
I always wanted to scrap everything on the inside and build something for music production and other stuff, but all video tutorials I've seen it looks like a real pain in the ass to find the right components
not that it's impossible, also I'm not totally sure if I want a dual OS/Windows boot or just windows

but do you guys think it's worth the work?
to me, up to this day it's still one of the only decent thing Apple has ever made

Attached: 2012_macpro-100016448-large.jpg (580x569, 70K)

Your current PC is equipped to handle any audio production work.
Use the Mac Pro as a server or something.

This fucking board is killing me.
I have worked two jobs for the past two months because I fucked up with the period of notice and didn't want to delay my new job. Now I have enough money to finally buy a good rig and you assholes keep shilling for and against AMD leaving me less informed than before.

Jow Forums is for shitflinging not actual advices.
Except advices on topics so niche the average retard would know nothing of it.

How would you rank the typical nvidia gpu brands and why do you rank them like that?

I get most people's intention honestly. I have had terrible experience with MSI and would never recommend it to anyone, while I know most people are ok with the brand.
The AMD/Intel spergfight is most likely similiar but it makes it impossible for people to make up their own mind.

I have literally gone through every single GPU/CPU in my price range and have been recommend anything from the Ryzen 2500 to the 9900k.

Do your own research. All companies - AMD, Intel, and Nvidia - have products that make sense for particular use cases. A lot of the time two or more products compete very closely; if you're debating between an R5 2600X and an i5 9400F, you're very likely to be happy either way, so don't sweat it too much.

I know, but I use my current one mostly for designing/engineering work and rendering, plus the occasional gaming

Right now my musical production is relegated to my old Macbook pro, which I also use for work, and I never have enough space

I thought it could be a nice weekend/summer project since ithat iMac has been sitting there for a couple years now
anyway, there's no hurry
I wanted to know if it's worth trying to build a dual boot OS/Windows machine, just for the sake of it

I would never buy AMD, just doesn't seem enough reliable. My last GPU was AMD, a 7970, and never really performed the way I wanted.
the Intel/NVIDIA combo will always be the best solution for me.
It's funny because I have a MSI GPU and it's been doing great for me

I guess it's some sort of gut feeling

How do you get msi gaming x trios sag bracket in, it seems impossible, i even had someone helping and we still couldnt do it, how are you ment to hold a light, hold the bracket in place, hold the sag bar and screw in the non magnetic screws, i have been at this for an hour

>I guess it's some sort of gut feeling
don't blame AMD because you bought a shitty AIB card or a shitty blower card.

I haven't even found a GPU for 1440p@144 yet.
I've heard the RTX2060 can do it for most games, that it can't do it at all and that I can do use Freesync to get the best use of the RTX2060.

It's stupid really, but I'm not resorting to Reddit and those cucks recommending what they saw in YT videos.

My brother has an MSI laptop and it's been doing fantastic for him, it's really just a gut feeling.
I have also always stayed away from AMD altogether, but I couldn't justify why so I'm looking into it right now and honestly the 2600X looks really promising.

Oh shit
Oh fuck
My hard drive just beeped

>I've heard blah blah blah
Look up benchmarks for the games you want to play; Techpowerup, techspot, and gamegpu are good benchmark sites, but you can also just search '[game_name] benchmark'

The best thing you can do for yourself is get a Freesync monitor

Do i run two cords from the power supply to the gpu, there is 8 pin end a 4 pin and a 2 pin, but the gpu has 2 8 pin sockets