"First decentralized livestreaming platform"

>DLive is the first decentralized video live streaming platform on Steem! It can be seen as the Twitch on the Steem blockchain including, but not limited to, gaming contents.

Can someone explain this meme to me? What the hell has the blockchain have anything to do with livestreaming??

Attached: Dlive.png (129x57, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steemkr.com/dlive/@dlive/dlive-the-first-decentralized-live-streaming-platform-on-steem
youtube.com/watch?v=bRG6sy3VaWU
d.tube/#!/trendingvideos
steemit.com/dlive/@dlive/dlive-the-first-decentralized-live-streaming-platform-on-steem
twitter.com/MisterAntiBully/status/1115701412598558720
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Twitch
>blockchain
>gaming
ew

Even their own blog dooesn't give much technical details.

steemkr.com/dlive/@dlive/dlive-the-first-decentralized-live-streaming-platform-on-steem

they say it's based on steem. So they're suposedly using other people PCs to handle the livestreaming infrastructure? And those people are rewarded with Crypto? Seems like a big meme indeed.

Attached: 1554551053847.jpg (979x832, 232K)

>decentralized
>blockchain

How good is the latency?

Go check out yourself i guess.

dlive.tv

It's probably terrible but the idea is that you can stream things without being shut down. The next shooter will probably use this.

>70485998
I wouldn't be so sure about that, it still seems to use their own services which they have control on.
And since these people are from San fucking Francisco i'm not holding any hope on moderation being better than twitch.

fucking memecoins. they drag people into that shit to inflate value and sell their large amount of generated coins. they basically make money from nothing.
how this schemes are even legal?

>streaming
>anything to do with blockmeme
get the fuck out

wow epic my fellow 9year old
just watch the video too!
youtube.com/watch?v=bRG6sy3VaWU

All the far right edgelords will flock to it and mods will rightfully ban them. Freedom of speech is overrated anyway

they already tried a long time ago and their servers shit the bed
and again recently but they were cucked by the rules so didn't even try

RIP stream.me :'(

doesn't decentralization means you are not tied to the platform creators

>decentralized video live streaming
as in a literal botnet
not as in you run your own

>So far, we only use the Steem blockchain for voting and money transactions.
doa
and here i thought it was something interesting

Attached: 1553336194306.png (566x642, 710K)

d.tube/#!/trendingvideos

What is decentralized about it? it's hosted on IPFS?

steemit.com/dlive/@dlive/dlive-the-first-decentralized-live-streaming-platform-on-steem

Attached: file.png (797x783, 98K)

It is theoretically impossible to censor

it is operationally much more cost effective than centralized solutions

no corporation is rent-seeking on the service provided, instead costs and profits are fairly and equally distributed

>It's probably terrible but the idea is that you can stream things without being shut down
iirc that was the site a bunch of people tried to migrate to after YT started giving the boot to political shitposting streams and they pretty much told them to fuck off or something to that effect so no probably not.

What ever happened to bittorrent livestreaming?

is the next shooting gonna be livestreamed there?

also sub to Pewds

BitTorrent, IPFS, and Tor are all excellent networks, however the nodes supporting it are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Incorporating blockchains into these networks enables them to be bigger and more robust, as incentives are given for entities who wish to support the network by starting nodes.

>you can stream things without being shut down. The next shooter will probably use this.

Why? It took facebook 20 minutes to shut down a livestream of remove kebab. Why wouldn't the next mass murderer use facebook again?

even new eurocuck laws give it an entire hour to be pulled down...

>new eurocuck laws give it an entire hour to be pulled down..

An entire hour before they have legal consequences for hosting it.

With a supposed decentralized platform, it wouldn't be as easy to pull it.

So is not decentralized

Blockchain developer here

There have been a few decentralized blockchain-based social networking sites. One was called Leroy, another is called Peepeth. Both of them use the Ethereum blockchain as backends for storing posts, however in order to facilitate easy use of their platforms, they provide centrally-hosted front-ends to these as websites (peepeth.com).

The centralized front-ends display the posts from the Ethereum blockchain. If ISIS were to post their propaganda on one of these platforms, the entities running the front-end portals would be legally obligated to censor such content.

If you really wanted to see the censored stuff, you could connect directly to the blockchain as a node and download and display the posts using your preferred client.

It's not bad that the centralized front-ends exist. It will help grow the platforms by making them accessible to normies. Theoretically you could also access them through static sites hosted on IPFS. I haven't seen anyone doing this yet, though.

Steem is a bad example. There are a lot of flaws with it, it's not very decentralized. Ethereum is a superior and much more libre chain.

What is the alternative? It seems DLive s going to absorb the momentum, at least an example on Ethereum should be around now.

There's a project called LivePeer which is the most truely decentralized and truely open sourced Ethereum-based livestreaming protocol.

The projects with the best open sourced communities are the projects which are most-likely to succeed. Ethereum's community has always been thriving and will eventually come out on top for this reason.

PewDiePie is using it so all of the YouTube fags are gonna get on but it's not the best solution and I wish PewDiePie had championed LivePeer. BitTorrent Live is also going to implement blockchain-based tokens and it's being rolled out slowly.

>decentralized platform
>but we'll still ban people who post things we don't like
fucking kikes

only the front-end is centralized

you can theoretically still access the censored content if you connect directly to the chain

what did they ban? i can see why someone would ban the NZ shooting but as long as they leave some cool nazi shit on im fine with it.

twitter.com/MisterAntiBully/status/1115701412598558720

>there's no crypto miner, you can't mine lino. but the website has memory leaks all over the place.
>Also there is dlive "guardians" which are streamers given global mod powers, blue hair fat cat chicks with mod powers.
>dlive is not /our site/ trust me

that's not the op of the thread

Enjoy your java miner.

it's not decentralized it's just another get rich quick coinscam
kudos on them snagging pewdiepie

That was like 3 months ago.

they are wrong, gitgud.tv was the first it's just that decentralized livestreaming is a fucking meme that doesn't fucking work.

doesn't matter they released some bullshit about hatespeech and toxicity not being allowed

Attached: i_fucking_love_science.gif (800x371, 183K)