AMD Going full pagan

Many already know that the "Valhalla" platform is the official codename for the next Ryzen series CPU, denoting the prevalence of pagan mythology. Valhalla is essentially pagan heaven, where the strongest warriors that have died gloriously go to drink and fight eternal.
criticalhit.net/technology/amds-codename-for-their-new-zen-family-is-valhalla/

One thing that was missed however is that, even though slightly ambiguous and unconfirmed, it just so happens that Navi, the partner lineup of GPU's coming out at nearly the same time on their new 7nm process, has to do with paganism as well, as shown here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prav-Yav-Nav

Nav, or Navi, is the opposite of the former, Valhalla. It is a possibility that this dichotomy was implied, or rather even planned, but could be a mistake. The component of pagan culture that includes hell is not as cut and dry, and is also used to describe the broken souls, denoted here:

>"The nawie, nawki, sometimes also referred to as lalki[1] (all plural forms) was used as a name for the souls of the dead."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nav_(Slavic_folklore)

As opposed to the christian hell we know and love, Nav as an underworld is actually cold/cool, if at all neutral compared to the fiery hell in christian lore. It exists as a swamp, and also a "huge green plain", but most retards would still call it scorching hot and suddenly forget that fermi actually burned down houses. encyclopediadramatica.rs/Fermi

Tl:dr,
>ryzen going full pagan, names cpu/gpu after heaven and hell
>cpu is valhalla
>gpu is opposite, the underworld (navi, nav)
>no faggot, the gpu is not on fire, pagan underworld is a swamp/grass field
>this is all wild speculation
>probably has nothing to do with the gpu

Attached: basedPagans.jpg (1012x383, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dkwaters.com/most-polluted-lake-in-india/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AMD is for alt-right bigots
whodathunkit

based Chinese CEO

ok
keep me posted

Op here, i see this as a new marketing idea, possibly a test. Im sure AMD isnt blind to the fact that marketing towards a platform designed to look tough and manly may actually work well

sent ;^)

CHIRST, JUST DELIVER GOOD PERFORMANCE, AT A GOOD PRICE, WHILE NOT BEING A HOUSEFIRE COMPARING TO YOUR LITERALLY ONLY COMPETITION AND I WILL BUY IT!
IV BEEN HOLDING OUT FOR SO LONG, JUST CHIRST DROP THE "MUH NAMES AND MARKETING AND GIVE ME NUMBERS I CARE ABOUT

holy shit put the bong down man

t. bongsmoking stoner

NOOOOONONONONOOO BUY NVIDIA PLS GOY

Attached: NVIDIArace.jpg (1097x550, 115K)

What's more likely

Esoteric slavic nu/modern paganism, or pajeet word

RTG was based out of Shanghai and led by an Indian, hmm I wonder

I would, if it wasn't literal spite holding me back.
The 2060 has been taunting me for a while now, it's perfice if better than vega 56 around here. It's just enough performance to be worth an upgrade. I Have the money, I'm not getting it because I want to support AMD. But those fuckers really aren't making it easy.
I at least would like to know what I am holding out for and if it's worth it.

Meanwhile, intlel releases its 3d stacking chip, uarch, Bellandur, named after the most polluted lake in india, literally catching fire from the sheer amount of poo:
dkwaters.com/most-polluted-lake-in-india/

If navi is a flop then by all means buy a 2060 or vega 56 if its cheap. The JustWait(TM) meme is only good for navi right now because people want the baseline to increase in terms of price to performance.
Essentially, NGoydia has kept the price/perf ratio stagnant for the last 4 years and people are sick and fucking tired of it. A 2080 is essentially a 2080ti -12%, for the same, if not more cost. same with the others like the 2070/60.

>norse mythology
Cringe.

found the heretic
time to burn faggot

Attached: based-odin.jpg (408x600, 61K)

It's Woden, not Odin, you Scandi cuck. Stop watching gay little superhero movies.

Didnt thor turn into a woman to be learn a lesson and Loki turned into a female horse to get plowed by a black stallion to give birth to its baby?

im gonna stick my hammer up your arse you boomers

>If navi is a flop then by all means buy a 2060
Yeah, and how many months were wasted on a "wait" when I could have had better performance?
>Essentially, NGoydia has kept the price/perf ratio stagnant for the last 4 years and
I know and AMD didn't exactly help matters.
I'm just hoping really hoping that they deliver something worth the wait and I can finally throw money at them.

Why does Norse mythology always attract fat, bearded LARPers with ponytails?

>navi

Attached: 1517547979264.png (1238x1080, 486K)

>name chips after lakes, rivers, cities, mathematicians, philosophers, musicians, etc
>even make up some words that just sound cool
>marketing departments struggle to find genuinely unique ideas
>decide to just borrow some bullshit from mythology because who cares and it'll be something different next year anyway

>random schizo tried to make it into a conspiracy theory
You faggots are really something else

nintendo lawsuit incoming.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x550, 19K)

Attached: Lain_navi.jpg (449x374, 19K)

Don't get the 2060. That 6GB of VRAM will be a problem. I've noticed Nvidia always cheaps out on the VRAM.

6GB VRAM wont be a problem for at least 3 years by my estimates for my use case.
But more VRAM certainly would be nice. Question is how much is AMD going to give me.

What kind of Pokedex is this?

the laindex, running the VISC architecture with on-demand virtual multi threading

Attached: 1368823591131.png (640x480, 330K)

>AMD Going full pagan

Attached: varg the wise.png (757x451, 714K)

who gives a shit about fantasy references, gamers buy this shit, it sounds cool to them nothing else you dipshit

AMD's RTX 2070 equivalent which should be here in a couple months, I imagine would have 10GB of GDDR6. That's just my gut feeling. 8GB will be the absolute least it has for certain. AMD has quite often had a VRAM advantage.

GTX 580: 1.5GB
HD 6970: 2GB

GTX 680: 2GB
HD 7970: 3GB

GTX 780 Ti: 3GB
R9 290X: 4GB

GTX 970: 4GB (well, 3.5GB)
R9 390: 8GB

I have a 2GB GTX 770 and am looking for an upgrade too. This will be the last upgrade I will do for at least 5 years (not a hardcore gamer). Also the Radeon software from what I've seen is around 100x better than what we Nvidia users get (that's probably an understatement).