ITT we post our opinions that go against the Jow Forums hivemind

>ITT we post our opinions that go against the Jow Forums hivemind

I think Eclipse is a perfectly fine IDE and a lot of the hate comes from people who used it before they were decent programmers and just coudln't handle it.

Attached: eclipse[1].png (250x250, 53K)

It's better than anything but intellij for Java. Definitely pajeet tier though.

Why won't any Linux distro provide a version of eclipse released after 2012 ?

>Eclipse is a perfectly fine IDE
You can't even install color themes without a plugin, and the site hosting the themes (eclipsecolorthemes.org) is down. Then if you do manage to install a theme, it opens up an oomph dialog asking you whether you want to "record" your settings.
It's such a mess. There shouldn't be this much bloat involved in such a conceptually simple configuration option.

The fact that people still put up with it btw just shows how shitty Java development would be without an IDE.

>claims he's a decent programmer
>uses an IDE

Attached: 1554109984538.png (694x255, 105K)

>color themes

Attached: 1337471258263.jpg (460x346, 129K)

>implying this in any way correlates to programming skill

stay on Jow Forums you fucking mongoloid

>using a theme
Yes, Ooomf is annoying, but I haven't seen it in over a year. Not even sure the preference recorder is still enabled by default.

It's shit.
t. Used it for years until clion and friends came along.

Eclipse has its own retarded updating and package scheme. If you download the installer and enabled advanced mode, you can cherry pick any eclipse plugin to add or remove bloat.

CDT is shit, I agree, but why would you use proprietary software over FOSS?

You suffer from C hacker syndrome and you've probably never written anything more than little toy programs in your entire fucking life.

The other portion of hate comes from people that depend on plugins that got incompatible over the next version. Or had to search for a specific feature or wanted sane defaults.

There sure are worse IDEs out there (take for example Code::Blocks), but the default state of a vanilla Eclipse install is questionable compared to NetBeans and Intellij.

Oof and yikes, my dudes

This.

>wanted sane defaults.
Yet those same people brag about using arch.

>The other portion of hate comes from people that depend on plugins that got incompatible over the next version.
Shoudln't be possible as long as they use the public API instead of randomly importing OSGi modules left and right.

>Yet those same people brag about using arch.
I doubt that kind of cancer uses IDEs at all, see , it's probably an arch user.

>Shoudln't be possible as long as they use the public API instead of randomly importing OSGi modules left and right.
>t. Eclipse foundation dev

>>t. Eclipse foundation dev
I fucking wish. If I have time I'll contribute to CDT and make it less shit. Maybe even write a full IDE for x86 assembly.

>I doubt that kind of cancer uses IDEs at all, see , it's probably an arch user.
I am an arch user and configuring eclipse is a lot less painful than fixing your distro after a partial upgrade.

>I fucking wish. If I have time I'll contribute to CDT and make it less shit. Maybe even write a full IDE for x86 assembly.
based
>I am an arch user and configuring eclipse is a lot less painful than fixing your distro after a partial upgrade.
So the call of the meeting meme is true after all.

>So the call of the meeting meme is true after all.
What did he mean by this?

faggot