Are there are any websites currently around that are like what early to mid reddit was like...

Are there are any websites currently around that are like what early to mid reddit was like? Free discussion of underground topics related to technology, politics, and conspiracies. I'm in desparate search. I like Jow Forums but the imageboard layour leads to a pretty bad circlejerk limiting what it could be

Attached: google.jpg (474x291, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wakaba.c3.cx/shii/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no user its all gone the internet is no longer the place we once knew. the best you will get is discord if you manage to find a group you like but its very rare and hard to find

same question.
i feel like a lot of people who were willing to discuss with others and help each other have become discouraged to do so.
idk what's to blame. the current political climate? pc culture and most websites (like reddit) abiding by it?
how can we restore hope in the internet?

Jow Forumstardism is the opposite of quality, Jow Forumstard.

never said it wasn't

reddit always sucked, sorry

voat.co

Gab, Twitter clone but you can post anything you want as long as it's not doxing or illegal in america. Also no ads or tracking.

Attached: 1df07def37b12936d0c214a31603278d391244598d08cba9427ad4b0d045747d.png (1280x1920, 170K)

incompetent moderation
glow-in-the-dark psyops
corporate shills
low quality comment/thread spam: including stuff posted by actual bots as well as replybait/"contrarianism"
and idiot newfags who mindlessly amplify all of the above problems by behaving as if malignant behavior was just memes to be imitated.

there are some technical solutions, like filtering and autobanning brainlet wojack md5s, banning shitpost shibboleths and assorted memewords, longer post timers, and sorting by oldest threads first,
that can help solve the issue.
it is a symptom of the deliberate mismanagement of this site that they are not.
this is the perfect example of a low quality comment of the type posted by actual bots and amplified by newfaggotry.
the phrase "Jow Forums" needs to be filtered on any board outside of it.
people who mention it never contibute anything of value to a discussion.

:(
I miss the old days of vbulletin and phpbb

Closest things is irc, if you know channels
I prefer the old libertarian or anarchist circles. It was nice to be able to discuss computers and shit pre “the Jews did it” and “sjw are ruinnning Linux” people showed up and ruined any fun

I always wanted to start my own IRC server and have it pretty much have the rules of Jow Forums.

You’re describing rizon

how shit are the people on mastadon compared to twitter?

"anarchists" are largely commies, who are hardly pro-jew due to anti-colonialist and anti-capitalist stances.
and among libertarians, you would struggle to find a single one that is pro-sjw (an authoritarian mindset)

things havent changed as much as (or in the ways that) you think.

>the phrase "Jow Forums" needs to be filtered on any board outside of it.
shut the fuck up Jow Forums retard, you came here in 2015

No, things have changed. We used to be able to get through a discussion on anything without it devolving into some sort of racist or anti-racist triade. There was text. You responded to the text.

>racist or anti-racist triade.
yes, but i dont agree with the contention that the provenance of these types of low quality comments is Jow Forums
in the first place, prior to the calamities of 2013, that board was a hotbed of hetereogeneous ideas, including lage contingents of anarchist, libertarian types.
to cite an example, in 2012, they mocked r-money relentlessly.
ron paul was the man preferred by most of the board (i personally was and continue to be a supporter of the green party and jill stein, much like RMS himself)
there is an artificial mindset being foisted into this site that is hostile to open debate
which is contrary to part of the design and intention of this sort of image board software, going back to the original whitepaper on anonymity and placing a higher value on the speech itself instead of the speaker.

in the first place i am hesitant to assign blame based on intuition (motive) rather than evidence, but for seeding authoritarianism and pro-censorship sentiment, i suspect NGOs like PACs or actual government agents.

>going back to the original whitepaper on anonymity and placing a higher value on the speech itself instead of the speaker.
What original white paper you fucking pseud

ok, but what if I specifically want all faggots spamming shit about jews, blacks, holocaust denial, sexual orientations of ppl i dont give a penny about out of every board that at least mimicks an actual discussion?

Then you're a libtard censoring cuck beta basedboy numale communist SJW hillary voter. Out out out.

This but unironically

>politics
That is what's ruining/has ruined everything, people using censorship to enforce their political agenda and forcing their views itto places where it doesn't belong and its not related. Like that user bringing up political board to stifle discussion and derail this thread. Which seems to have worked, they are the reason why.

>people who mention it never contibute anything of value to a discussion.
That is usually the case, interesting.

>Are there are any websites currently around that are like what early to mid reddit was like? Free discussion of underground topics related to technology, politics, and conspiracies.
That never existed.
Whenever Kharma is attached to opinion, dishonest discussion is absolutely guaranteed. You will temper your opinions to conform and align to the meta-jerk that is political correctness.
The only reason why this place feels like a circlejerk to you, is because for some fucking bizarre reason, you are worried about what you say here is going to be unpopular and receive backlash.
Get over it. Truth always shines through in the ocean of piss that is Jow Forums.

Attached: 042f5e8b2b1f213bd2b872790fdced3bd47ce22cb180ada6dac713574b5f4bf6.jpg (1119x1200, 298K)

This place feels like a circlejerk because the rest of the internet cencors in a specific way, targeting certain people, certain ideas, and only one side of debates. So those ideas and people only have a few places to go with little censorship or censorship that’s closer to being fair. Also, have you never been to the website you pine for so badly? That place, by design, is the biggest damn circlejerk I have ever seen or even conceived of in my wildest dreams. How has no one called out op for that yet?

This ewwww weeb got it right.

wakaba.c3.cx/shii/

>commies
>hardly pro-jew

Attached: memrimarxistjew.png (498x545, 117K)