Computer science? Should have majored in EE and learned programming on your own, bro

>Computer science? Should have majored in EE and learned programming on your own, bro
How do you respond to this?

Attached: 1526491222052.png (374x347, 171K)

Computer Science is not programming. Programming is just the best way to represent computer science concepts much like a telescope to astronomy.

What is Computer Science? Why not EE?

"Fuck you, nigger"

I question his intellect and moral integrity with a derogatory song.

>You studied unemployment? Should have studied unemployment spelled slightly differently!
You should have studied an actually worthwhile IT field instead of code monkeying.

Computer Science is applied math surrounding the logic of computing.
EE is applied electromagnetics, so instead of understanding how to manage RAM and how a compiler works your learn about circuits and signals.

It's literally what I did

Why not do Math or Physics then

I think he means digital design and computer architecture focused, not electromag

>finding a job with a BS in math/physics
Have fun being a high school math/physics teacher

Because you will end up unemployed

Attached: 1550985348584.gif (500x281, 1.63M)

Retard. Hedge funds are looking for quants (aka: chads with math degrees). No one wants your shitty 4 year code monkey certificate

Say "sure, you're right" sarcastically and walk away. Anyone who equates the entire field of CS to just programming will never understand what CS actually is or why it's valuable. To these "people", learning how to use a TI-83 is the same thing as knowing the entirety of Calculus. It's not an argument worth wasting time on.

Attached: b847c5c3182334a5f1bdc9cd856557bc4218bd13fb2871db4fbe9e494d150471.jpg (1024x992, 81K)

>every low IQ sperg with a BS in pure math is capable of landing a job as a quant
At least be realistic and tell these naive kids they can always get a job in IT with big data analytics.

>Should have majored in EE and learned programming on your own, bro
And what would be the point of doing that? Anyone who says shit like this is retarded

Didn't plenty of computer science pioneers come from mathematics and physics backgrounds?

Are you going to give me this helpdesk job or not?

Attached: canvas.png (512x512, 258K)

Yeah and they all had PhD's. A BS gets you heartache at best

Damn you're stupid, kid. Most people aren't gonna get a job related to their uni degree anyways, even CS fags

just take whatever satisfies your intellectual curiosity the most, learning programming for a web dev job can be done without a degree

>but I did major in EE...

Attached: DrtSOPSXgAE6P47.jpg (1433x1077, 105K)

This is false

I typically see this response from Euros are you European? From my experience the American version of Computer Science is essentially programming with data structures thrown in, and EE is more of what you said.

Attached: 1337634667860.gif (320x240, 2.42M)

retard

>I know, but I'm too retarded for diff eq and circuit analysis

b-but m-muh algorythms

I’m not a bro, bro.

True, but undergrad CS contains very little, if any, computer science, and you can easily do EE in undergrad, learn programming on the side, and then study CS in graduate school.

CompE master race

I ask him what his annual income is and laugh after I hear it.

Am I good if I studied Computer eng then OP?

I ignore him and repeat my order of two Filet o’Fish sandwiches

but I did major in EE and learn programming on my own (+through electives)

Attached: 1522281204885.jpg (536x409, 56K)

Comp Sci is a 20 year old meme

EE is the patrician's choice

Or better yet, Data/Syetem Analyst

Jokes on you i droped out

suck a dick faggot
*farts*

t. not in the work force and/or still in school

Why not do both u will live like 20 years enough time do to at least 3 degrees

if you wanted to learn how to code you should have went for IT you fucking retard.

Guess which one will get you a job while the other will have you moving to China

You know you still have to take all those CS classes right? Having an undergraduate does let you take whatever you want in grad school, but it doesn't free you from having to take prerequisites. Why are you giving advice about grad school if you've never even been there?

Moving to Shenzhen is the best thing that can happen to an EE

I'm happy with my salary so idgaf

You should have studied an actually worthwhile 'I Tried' field instead of code monkeying

>You know you still have to take all those CS classes right?
Wrong. You only have to take the ones required by the classes you want to take in grad school. Which is probably considerably less than what a university likely requires for a CS degree. You can also potentially have some of them waved if you demonstrate understanding, or if the prof just doesn't give a fuck, which won't fly when pursuing an undergrad degree.