How bad did I fuck up Jow Forums?

I bought this iMac and it seems like it’s garbage. When running even GarageBand it has a disk overload, Mtg arena ran through Wine runs at 3 FPS when my 5 year old shitty dell laptop runs it just fine, and it’s laggy despite the fact that I’ve owned it for maybe two weeks. Anyone else have one of these? Is it just not meant for music creation?

Attached: 1ADB504C-303A-49BA-91C7-F25547ED1CCC.jpg (1242x1239, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7wICIuHK4-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP here; it was 1100 burgerbucks by the way

>Buying ishit
Not only did you fuck up, but you're also retarded.

I’m really considering returning it since it’s within 30 days; I just wanted a good computer for recording music

For music creation, this should be enough, since I've used this mac in a studio with Logic Pro X and Pro Tools on it before. The web browser did load slower than anything I've seen before though.

This is what I'm trying to avoid purchasing. I'm trying to get macOS in a VM instead. But I switched to an AMD CPU and I'm a brainlet so my research isn't going to well.

It's because HARD DRIVE

just return that shit, jesus. It'll break in 3-4 years anyway with updates.

Why'd you get a Mac then?

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1522212701875.gif (500x491, 376K)

If I hit three keys at once in the in-app keyboard, there’s a half of second lag; it makes it impossible to create beats

Get yourself a tape machine and your head out of that ableton shit you moron.

Attached: mcd.png (555x552, 204K)

Does it come with a butt plug?

I think so

Returning it would be the best. For $1100 you could build, or order a PC that will shit all over any mac

Return it

бaзиpoвaн

It uses a hard drive, that's why it's slow. Return and get a proper computer.

Any suggestions for a good computer if I only care about music production and video editing?

Build a hackingtosh you turboretard.

a pc with whatever you want + a sound card

Based and Macpilled

You could return it and build a hackintosh, but keep in mind that you won't be able to future proof that shit, Apple could drop support for AMD gfx cards or Intel processors on the next update and you'd be none the wiser. Apple was bad enough under stove jobs, with that Tim Apple guy it's even worse.

I'd only stick to a Mac if you have a bunch of Mac only VSTs or whatever, or your work flow combines super collider with ableton and generates graphics with pure data/gem or some insane setup like that

lol, jesus.
Laptop hardware bolted to the back of a nice panel. All of the draw backs with none of the benefits of potability of a laptop or the molecularity of a desktop.
I'd say you fucked up big time

>Hard drive
>8GB of RAM
Anemia in the computer.

Build yourself a desktop with a fast cpu, lots of RAM and get a sound card. I personally have the Focusrite Scarlett Solo II and I record my guitar with it. Shit's golden. If you can afford something more, go for it but the time of Mac's reigning supreme for audio is past, you won't go wrong with Windows on this.

Thanks everyone for letting me know it was a mistake. I haven’t really ever done research on this which is why I bought this crap. If anyone would be willing to post a good alternative on what I should get after returning this it would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know what sound cards are good yet or what is powerful in terms of which PCs but I’m gonna do some research so I don’t make the mistake of buying something awful like this again.

You can buy the same but with an HDD and magically it won't be shit, trust me

>5400 rpm hard drive
>weak gpu with 2gb vram on 4k screen
Yeah, you fucked up. You will not be able to game on that without getting an eGPU. It just doesn't have enough horsepower unless you turn things down to 720/1080p on medium-low.

As for the hard drive, 5400rpm is as slow as they make them, your best bet would be to return it and get one with a Fusion Drive if you can.

>for recording music
A mac is literally your worst choice then right next to using Linux for Music recording.

Literally just a $500-600 i7 dell tower with a $150 GPU, then the rest of the cash on a good monitor would destroy an imac.

i got a thinkpad with the same specs for about $240 a month ago

Windows 10 key on ebay for $3

$300 video card
$160-$200 AMD or Intel CPU
$100 motherboard
8-16GB RAM
SSD
Sound card (maybe), probably a DAC for whatever professional speakers and sheit

how're you supposed to create beats if you can't figure this shit out

You don't need a sound card since you should be using a professional DAC (digital to analog converter) through USB.

>buy $1100 computer
>comes with the slowest HDD
>a $30 SSD would of been better

>hard drive

I'm not positive but I think you can put an ssd in this model. It's worth looking into. An ssd would pretty much solve your problems.

Oh god I hope so

My buddy got Mac os working on unraid

oh shit nvm this is the kind where you have to use a heat gun to take the screen off. I thought it was the older kind with a back hatch. You can theoretically open it and replace the storage but I don't recommend it. Looks like this one has a fusion drive which is a hybrid ssd and hdd solution.

It is a hybrid drive setup. Best Buy lists it as a hard drive but that is incorrect.

Actually, I was wrong. They offer a hybrid drive setup but our boy chose the HDD option.

So it’s totally fucked??

>2019
>no SSD

HOLY SHIT

It’s a late 2017 model but still...

based

This might be a dumb question too, but is there any way to buy something external to boost the performance?

Louis just did a video on this one too
youtu.be/7wICIuHK4-E
How do we protect our toddlers against the applel?

Attached: EFA4D855-1678-4C5E-8A07-1C389CB369E2.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

Go find some Shenzhen modders to rice it. Else your hooped.

How should we know? You bought it, you decide.

not worth. why would you spend an additional 600-1000 bucks to improve the performance of something that you should be returning anyways?

You can get extra ram, buy an external gpu, but you'd still have a shitty hard drive and a crap cpu

Logic Pro is easily replaceable with Ableton or Cubase or Bitwig or Reaper at this point. There's nothing that sets it apart from any other DAW now. Pro Tools is still fucky on Windows because avid devs are cucked, but you won't be using protools anyways, let's face it.

I feel for you OP. I last bought a computer 8 years ago, it's shitting the bed and figured I'd buy a MacBook Pro as a treat for myself and I have a YouTube channel gaining traction so I do need some creating capability. And goddamn Apple has always been pricey and got their quirks, but they have really gone off the deep end with Steve Jobs gone.

Attached: 1554788493296.jpg (250x250, 19K)

But did it come with a free dildo?