I've met no programmer(nor engineer) making more than 100k for my life...

I've met no programmer(nor engineer) making more than 100k for my life. How can you guys manage to pull over so much money by writing code? I'm a CS student living in Asia but genuinely curious about this

Attached: 1554425168.png (600x600, 287K)

webshit. preferably in C# instead of JS frontend shit

I live with my parents.

They are all lying

I make 150k a year as a web dev

????????????? Literally how

Attached: 1552621944141.png (421x421, 308K)

>asia
That's why. I'm an asian shitter too.

2 of my really good friends are Electrical Engineers and they both make over $100k living here in Texas where the cost of living is fairly low. One is currently in management working at a power plant and the other actually works in engineering for Schneider. I think EE is a more versatile degree than software engineering because you still get some programming experience in school but you also get a lot more education on components, hardware, controllers, etc. There are a ton of ways to apply a EE degree.

CE is a good middle ground if you're interested in programming more. I did CSE with was CS mixed with CE and we touched on both the software and hardware side of things.

Regarding salaries, I'm still early in my career but I'm making 70k and I believe I can reach 100k in a few years. My brother is a pretty hands-on PM (he programs a lot for his work) and he's making like 130k but he lives in the Bay area, so his rent is probably like 4k a month or something.

You can be the best programmer/developer, but as long as you're an employee, you'll hit a roof.
You need to go up the ladder, as with every field, or start your own business/company.

Yeah, CE is good too, a lot of job postings will treat EE and CE as the same so you can still compete for an EE position while also being able to go up against people with CS or SE degrees for other jobs.

A lot of it depends on where you live. If you're in China, paritcularly, cost of living is so low that you should multiply your salary by 2x to correct for purchasing power parity.

Even in the United States however, there's an enormous difference between a salary in San Francisco and a salary in Texas or Vermont. When someone says they're making 150k as a webdev they're actually saying I live in New York and make the equivalent of a 100k a year engineer in Missouri.

Also... States programmers get their salaries propped up by the presence of ethnics. Japan's average IQ is something like 108, which lowers the value of these high skill professions in comparison. The less people capable of programming a computer, per capita, in the place you live, the more money you will be able to make by having that skillset.

Management roles at FAANG can top out at 200k+.

Doctors make 200k starting, it's not that far out. It's not like they make 10 million a year, lmao.

East Asian iq is skewed because they only test urban residents by the way (true for China, not sure about japan).

>tfw high IQ
>school taught me to learn anything fast
we're all gonna make it

Attached: 1553207823323.png (665x574, 251K)

Interesting, but I doubt that’s true for Japan. China’s rural areas are, like, third world poor, which is probably the underlying reason for this. I would be surprised if they scored less than 105ish given what Asian-Americans test in the United States.

China is so big that there's just so many more rich, intelligent, poor, or dumb people.

Also China is the American dream btw, there's so many more family companies than the states.

He doesn't post anime.

wew

Attached: D17HsSlUkAAafK_.jpg (600x349, 15K)

>living in Asia

Make ~$110k ish with overtime, with stock options and others adding up to a good bit more.

But live in a super high cost of living tech center, so this money does not nearly go as far as it would in Asia. Keep this in mind as you compare wages.

In hindsight, if I hadn't settled down here I would try to work remote at ~80k in a very low cost of living area and would have ended up way ahead.