That does it faggots, this is a PR operation by NASA to get more funding from the government

That does it faggots, this is a PR operation by NASA to get more funding from the government

look at the bitch commits in the supposedly project of the century and you will know she contributed less than nothing, look at her fucking code

github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commits?author=klbouman

Attached: _106409704_katie_bouman_bbc.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/achael/eht-imaging/graphs/contributors
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/437a81eb03969e6b0988823d8cc633f6f1f621b8
scholar.google.com.eg/citations?user=7lhbMtgAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/25ed7f91de66edbce74105aff1c4d4093828f66d
arxiv.org/abs/1711.01357
arxiv.org/abs/1512.01413
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh commits!!1
>it‘s modern day bricklayers seething at the architect for not being proficient with a spatula
Listen here, you fucking monkeys. The people who do research in science are busy generating new knowledge and inventing new ways to approach standing problems, not fucking jerking it to most esoteric fizzbuzz code. While you were busy failing your freshman calc they were acing their multivariate analysis, while you were struggling to finish your shitty C echo servers, they were slashing through PDE numerics and they already wrote papers on algorithmic algebra, while you masturbated to anime and mindlessly memorized patterns and best practices like the good little robots you are. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY gives a shit if this one off code is servicable or runs 2% slower without some quirky variable reusage. This isn‘t a critical piece of business logic that has to make money every second, this is not some CRUD shit that has to stay maintainable for two decades, this isn‘t some long term distributed HPC project that needs to be overoptimized with bitfuckery and magic numbers.

Realize, you NPC baboons, that the most important thing in science are new ideas and approaches. And this girl‘s ideas were the cornerstone upon which the whole thing was built. So it doesn‘t matter ENTIRELY which autistic incel churned out 900k lines of boilerplate to implement them. Realize that being a good coder does not mean you‘re par with scientists. You are digital bricklayers, plumbers, mechanics, CNC operators. If you do your job well your customers will definitely call you the next time their toilet is clogged, but nobody ever is going to think that you‘re kin to fluid dynamics PhDs because you know your way around a plunger. And don‘t be comforted by your high pay or job security - they exist solely because no sane well adjusted human being wants to do your shitty jobs. Now clean up and refactor this, you worthless seething pajeets.

Attached: 960F920A-576E-4D82-A0F0-3B5829A069B6.jpg (1075x1430, 149K)

I sense a lot of bitterness there...

did you fucking look at her commits you fucking monkey? most of her code is adding logs and removing trailing spaces, it's fucking nothing, 99.99999% of the project is done by other devs with usernames "achael" and "michaeldjohnson"

github.com/achael/eht-imaging/graphs/contributors

but of course, they wouldn't get 0.0000% of the media traction if it were men as usual, they needed a fucking pussy whether she deserved it or not

Attached: 1549201380567.jpg (700x721, 105K)

>fixed sytax errors
is my favorite

Attached: 134523452342.png (562x461, 22K)

Lol

Attached: DD4EA963-AD97-4F36-A3B6-5EDCD7D1E83B.png (1110x584, 60K)

this is one of her commits, and this is not her worse btw
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/437a81eb03969e6b0988823d8cc633f6f1f621b8

>pasta about codetards
>b-but muh code!!1
Single digit IQ nigger.

Attached: 9B7ABD31-290C-445C-AB14-E5CE9C00289A.jpg (810x5417, 1.65M)

So she added a space?

yes, this is the commit that's going to get her a Nobel in physics this year

I'm pretty sure someone just told her what to write and where to fix, so she can add commits and feel herself involved in the project.

Why does she look like a washed neanderthal?
>dat sloping forehead

Stop being a nigger. Please user, you're embarrassing yourself and all of us.

because it's a fucking jew

Oh.

We don't get those around here so pardon my ignorance.

>SHE DINDU NUFFIN, THIS OTHER DUDE IS REAL HERO
>other dude: she actually helped a lot
>THIS JUST CONFIRMS MY SUSPICIONS ABOUT A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY AGAINST MEN

literal incels

have a look at her actual commits you low IQ retard

It was known.
(among the high IQs)

Now you're just trolling, friend.

See:

No programmers, no algorithm. Without engineers, math is a bunch of scribbles on paper.
It's fine if you want slow, crashy code that requires Amazon's AWS to run, but there's no real excuse these supposedly mentally flexible and intelligent people can't pick up something as simple as code optimisation.
I guess people like you forget asymptotics don't exist and a perfectly machine code optimised program easily outperforms "mathematical" python code.
Btw I'm majoring in applied maths and computer science and easily passed PDEs and multivariate calculus, what you evidently deem good for hyperbole.

Literally who cares? I don't even know what's going on with this whole black hole picture shit but Jow Forums has been full of "reeee look at this unworthy female who did something tech related" threads for days now.

Basically self centric Americans use this feat of "science for the masses" to promote gender diversity in america, ignoring to credit the other 100 universities and people on the same team who did most of the wirk

(((Bouman)))

OP here, I am not bashing her because I am kind of a low IQ Jow Forumstard, I worked in academia myself and worked with women far smarter than me, there are genius women everywhere in engineering and other STEM ares, also her number of citations according to Google Scholar (which is around 600 citations now) is amazing for a 30 yo researcher

scholar.google.com.eg/citations?user=7lhbMtgAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao

so she's clearly better than most researchers of her age, but her contribution to that project is clearly manipulated by the media for political reasons and pushed by NASA's management to get more funding from the government

Except she isn't even the architect. Go fucking kill yourself you assblasted onions boy

>there's no real excuse these supposedly mentally flexible and intelligent people can't pick up something as simple as code optimisation
Yes, there is. These people are good for something better than code plumbing and their time is better used actively contributing to science rather than memorizing technical minutiae. For latter jobs there are monkeys like you.

>code plumbing
probably your entire idea about programming is writing Wordpress plugins, unfortunately this is 2019 grandpa

>I am not bashing her because I am kind of a low IQ Jow Forumstard, I worked in academia myself and worked with women far smarter than me, there are genius women everywhere in engineering and other STEM ares
The longest „I‘m not a racist, but“ yet. Begone pol trash.

>for the greater good

Attached: 1459307780435.png (410x410, 118K)

>that fucking commit message

Fact: these intelligent people, for the life of them, cannot pick up what I did for one semester. They neglect their job and disrespect the scientific method.

>hurr ure strawman
>durr I‘m an enjeeneet I know o-notation
Stay mad, macaco.

>being a gay astronomer
why they do this?
what's so special about being gay?
no one fucking cares

>PR operation by NASA to get more funding from the government
NASA being funded by the government is one of the few working scientific projects in USA. And don't even mention meme people like Musk or Bezos and his Blue Origin.

God tier post

>wow these quants don‘t even know how to hold an allen wrench
>codetardianism having anything to do with „scientific method“

well, I got a msc. in computer architecture and published a couple of papers, I now work in the industry and I know the difference between the 2, no point of belittling one in favor of the other, retard

what the hell

Green text is not an argument. Design and analysis of algorithms, and formal verification are the highest forms of programming. If you haven't at least read the entire CLR and done all the exercises, you should not be even looking at code, let alone consider junior positions.
It's good that she found a new algorithm and I appreciate it, but without the underappreciated guys in the back, it'd have taken them years to muster up something and another few for slow computations

>no point of belittling one in favor of the other, retard
Of course there is. People should remember the brainlet hierarchy. Especially on this god forsaken board where autismos think memorizing programming keywords and doing SICP exercises is just a notch below being Einstein himself.

im gay btw

ITT: Jow Forums demonstrates how little education they have. You don't need to commit code to formulate an algorithm, could easily do it with just a pen and paper

I used to think like you until I finished graduate school and got my first job in the real world

/thread

No programmers means math is useless and inapplicable.
No mathematicians means computers are pointless and limited.

The modern world would not exist without both. But remember it leans towards programmers. Machine learning only exists because mathematicians aren't good enough to come up with algorithms for everything. Ergo, they're being slowly passed out. You can brute force your problems nowadays

>I am le high level progamer
>look at this BASED standard undergrad book I read cover to cover
>I bet these so called „scientists“ churning out papers could never do this haha
You‘re descending into farce, pajeet.

So explain why mathematicians in general write horrible python code or straight pseudo code instead of proving their capacity when it's needed?

>I used to think like you before it turned out I‘m to dumb to compete in academia and produce original research
Yeah, figures.

>by NASA
nah
this is just a coordinated leftist campaign to conduct social engineering

>""research""
Aka spend years on welfare and anxiety until you come up with some fake yet publishable results

Whatever helps you cope, brainlet.

so
why is the internet orgasming over her. she did nothing

Attached: 1551196541434.png (541x404, 273K)

Feels good to laugh at balding PhD slaves hoping the apple falls on their heads one day

you are expecting the internet (especially leddit and twatter) to read past a headline?

>why don‘t mathematicians prove their worth as codemonkeys
Because there‘s you for this. Mathematicians capacity is to produce mathematical research, not memorizing 10 000 ways in which cpp stl is shit and how to hack together helloworlds out of disparate frameworks.

>heavy data processing with python

>fixing bug ?
Just delete the fucking line :
github.com/achael/eht-imaging/commit/25ed7f91de66edbce74105aff1c4d4093828f66d

most people who have a graduate STEM degree don't want to continue being autists forever, companies now have more challenging problems and pay actually well, universities aren't as prestigious as they used to be and if you actually did real research you would know that most research is useless and contaminated with as much shilling and pressure as real world jobs without even getting paid, I once even added a professor to the list of authors because my advisor told me so (they were friends), if I refused I should have expected to get no recommendations from him and the other fag, researchers shill to their own papers and needlessly cite them again and again to inflate their own citations, researchers also shill to other researchers by needlessly citing their papers, it's a fucking scam and nobody can get away with that in real businesses even in R&D

>Mathematicians capacity is to produce mathematical research
Not good enough. I can finish projects faster than mathematicians come up with algorithms. Actually, there are more problems than algorithms for so mathematicians need to step the fuck up their game

Calling her a bitch is unfair.
She did nothing wrong.
It's just that the media made up some headline to click-bait virtue signaling NPCs.

/thread

>And this girl‘s ideas were the cornerstone upon which the whole thing was built
citation needed

>I can do my brainlet busywork faster than smart people create brand new knowledge and solve decade old problem
Good for you, bubbah. I bet you cam also read books faster than authors write them. You should contact Guinness World Records or something.

You know he’s right though.

What I'm trying to get through your skull is that programmers solve more problems more often than mathematicians. In order for a mathematician to be useful, he has to do research which is an awfully slow and non deterministic activity

>companies now have more challenging problems
Sure thing. Just ask all the PhDs at Google refactoring some shitty internal tools how challenging it is.

seriously, I am not asking to make fun of you, but how old are you?

Twelve and a half.

Actually, what tipped me off is that this girl is so young. She is only 30 years old and already is in charge of a huge team and an expensive project. Sounds legit.

Jow Forums, you need to come down. Both sides of you. You cannot blame the girl for the media putting her on a pedestal, you can only blame the media for that.

The right leaning people should not blame the girl for the media, and the left leaning people should admit that the reason she is put on a pedestal is that young women ( women over 40 do not count) are like gods in the modern western culture.

I am spamming this in every thread until you stop getting buthurt by a single woman. Women are like 20% of STEM but make 99% of the controversies. Just ignore them - do not hate them, but also do not praise them

Attached: voy3cyx19jq21.jpg (720x647, 33K)

>No programmers, no algorithm.
> Without engineers, math is a bunch of scribbles on paper.
>math is a bunch of scribbles on paper.
>perfectly machine code optimised program easily outperforms "mathematical" python code.

>I'm majoring in applied maths and computer science
> easily passed PDEs and multivariate calculus

I've never seen so much wrong in one post and been so ashamed to see it coming from someone who supposedly studies math
You need to rethink your entire approach to what mathematics and computer science even is. What science is. I think you are lost hope to be honest. Your entire philosophy is just so against what mathematics even begins to be. You need to go back to the greeks. God have mercy on your soul.

And plumbers solve even more problems. Huzzah.

>so young
no most people finish their PhD. thesis at 28-30, she's now a postdoctoral and this job is literally nothing but a team lead for PhD. students in the same field she worked during her PhD., nothing really unusual, this is the normal academic path

Math is only as good as it's real world use. Research in problems that do not exist should be halted by law and such mathematicians should be appointed to currently open ones.
I don't like math because le Greek symbols, I like it because it makes me look smarter than my colleagues hence grants me job security and cash.

You should've said electricians since there are no computers without electricity . Then I'd have agreed

Machine learning is a meme and her algorithm is just a shitty prediction blender based on assumptions

She's the lead behind the following research used by the EHT-Imaging project:

arxiv.org/abs/1711.01357
arxiv.org/abs/1512.01413

The first kissless virgin who is able to read either one and accurately summarize the content gets to have an opinion on qt3.14 Katie.

FFS guy get it together. We can see you failed out of your CS course and are bitter towards software developers, but you don’t have to fling shit everywhere like some kind of spastic retard.

C O P E
O
P
E

>Research in problems that do not exist
Most modern cryptography is based on pure math research into curve properties that had little to no application for decades.
>I like it because it makes me look smarter
Really it‘s people like you who should be reassigned to labor camps.

>reee stop saying mean things about me
>you‘re just bitter towards janitors because you failed Putting Soap in Water 101

Attached: 967B0CB9-0FE9-468B-A516-D5E85F94EC87.jpg (232x217, 9K)

Cryptography is a not the solution to database leakage and poor security practices.

And apples are not oranges. What other random truisms do you know?

You enable lazy and corruptive professions

her algorithm wasn't even used

>esearch in problems that do not exist should be halted by law and such mathematicians should be appointed to currently open ones.
You literally have no idea what will be used in the future. Type Theory was considered something out of foundational maths before Martin-Löf and de Bruijn came. Elliptic curves were some algebraist's mushroom trip until they were used cryptography. Hell, Minkowski sum is used in collision detection algorithms.

You‘re coping really poorly with your inferiority complex.

It's not his fault user, the jews got to him

She wasnt the project lead, she didnt "lead the development" of any algorithm usrd to generate the image, she wrote fewer lines than almost everyone else in the project, and her actual algorithm from her previous paper was not used to generate the image

Even discounting the majority Alexanders LOCs being data, he still wrote more than Katie by thousands of lines, and two others also wrote more than her by thousands line

Why are you defending this jewess nobody so hard? You make it as if she's some modern einstein and nothing would have gotten done without her when that is very far from the truth

And? There are problems that need solutions now, right now

I guess not.
I'll do it again.
She just did her job.
Her being thrown out on the media front pages is a result of our click-bait dependent media.
And you're all clicking on it.

post the worse
this happens to me all the time
doesnt mean shit

/thread

More like
>other dude: yes it was mostly me but she still helped!

>grug spend days make stone round
>grug say it called „wheel“
>dumb round stone have no use
>why grug no pick berry and club mammoth?
>grug lazy and corrupt that why
>me think the long nose tribe is behind this

Attached: 30B85FAF-A646-42BA-B32C-8C76277702C9.png (485x443, 24K)

NASA or any academics did not even push that narrative.
The media needed a face and they picked hers.

they didnt need a face to report this news. they wanted a face for their coordinated social engineering reports. it is part of their religion.

>millions braindead redditers and the media touting this girl as the "mind" and "genius" behind the black hole
>turns out its all lies and not true in the slightest and she didnt contribute more or less than any other member of the team
>HURRRR DURRRR Jow Forums WHY DO YOU CARE? WHY CANT YOU JUST LET IT GO? FUCKING INCELS
Fucking reddit niggers

she published at least eight papers where her name is the most significant. That means she is really important in what she is doing
you autists

Attached: z1.png (1197x594, 62K)

Yeah PhD in computer science here and got to agree with that. Any code monkey can implement an algorithm once it's been designed. The real challenge is to actually design the algo. So counting lines of code to measure how much you contributed to the project is probably the most retarded way that anyone could measure it. As expected for code monkeys who have never been in academia but just trying to educate you all.

welle mememe'd mladye