Why are all the file managers in Linux so shit?

Why are all the file managers in Linux so shit?

Attached: 1554875607064.jpg (700x500, 48K)

Dolphin doesn't have this problem.

ls doesn't have this problem

nice thread.

Attached: 1534042817852.jpg (600x552, 23K)

because you are too retarded to use --no-install-recommends

Install PCManFM

ls mv cp rm work well enough.

Dolphin is unironically the best file manager there is.

>nautilus

>not using ranger

top jej

ranger isn't shit

>file manager in kernel

Attached: 1553144038128.png (230x219, 7K)

because leet hackors don't care about gui's obviously

dolphin is undoubtedly the best. But I still find my self opening ranger in a terminal more. I wish dolphin had better keyboard controls.

>Using ranger over vifm

Now available in Flatpak™

Attached: org.kde.dolphin.png (128x128, 13K)

>Ubuntu
>not using ranger
go back to Mac

dolphin and krusader don't have this problem

>kernel
>provide some basic function
>but not files...

how brain dead are you?

Attached: 1547443370134.png (706x498, 18K)

Because none of them is explorer.exe

Files as a concept don't exist in the kernel. It uses inodes. Files are user-level representations of inodes to make them more comprehensible for humans.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

*nix filesystems in general are fucking retarded.

thunar and the one in enlightenment are good

>freezes when network drive is unavailable

isn't that just unity

I thought the same thing until I got used to pcmanfm. It works well for what I do. My first complaint about it is that it will load all the thumbnails for a folder at once, instead of only those currently displayed. My second is that it also crashes sometimes. My third is that I still haven't bothered to figure out how to set default file associations.
XFE was my is choice.

Not sure what the problem is lad

UI frameworks on Linux are simply shit.
There's no way to make good UI with GTK, Qt or, heaven forbid, Motif.

Whiele Finder is undoubetely the better FM I'm still fine with Thunar and PCMan

neither does nautilus

THat's why JavaFx is here to the resQ!

>JavaFx
The original Electron.

>zoomers don‘t know file managers were perfected before they were born

Attached: 4F6579B0-77A5-43F3-8D8E-2507FF6DA967.png (1920x1200, 263K)

>nautilus
fucking worst fm

xfce is ok

>xfce is ok
>Screen tearing by design
>OK

>I'm too dumb to update drivers and install a secondary wm

People here always praise Dolphin. How good is it combined with a DE other than KDE?

Use nemo. It's pretty good.

Not good

Unfortunately it's not good at handling very large directories (especially after the 4.0.x updates).

It's been a while since I last tested it, but even changing the default terminal from Konsole to something else was a damn hassle.

The dolphin is good but that's TDE only and you seem like a phaggot who's it never used 88KDE

OSX Finder is even worse

B-but at least it looks better right?

Because hurr durr let's make GUI in linux be able to be used by computer illiterates even though the percentage of computer illiterate people who use linux is 0.00001%. Also fuck the gnome project.

>not -o APT::Install-Recommends=0

Actually, it is .
nnn and vimfm are much better. You're welcome

>by design
Wrong
Also last I checked this is a file manager thread, not a DE thread