Why installing arch linux is so (unnecessarily) frustating?

why installing arch linux is so (unnecessarily) frustating?
>boot up arch linux
>try the basic commands like sudo, apt, etc
>"Golly-gee, user! Type -Sy to upgrade your shit!"
>'kay
>now what
>...
>"Go read the wiki!"
>30 minutes later
>Oh, so I need to type suckmycock now to load the installer.
>......and the installer doesn't give me any tips whatsoever.
>now wha...
>Arch: "READ THE WIKI, FAGGOT!"
>even more 30 minutes later
>Right, so I had to twist my neck and suck my own dick for the installer to work. And once again, not a fucking tip of what I'm supposed to do next.
>"HAHA OH GUESS WHAT READ THE W--"
seriously?
im going back to debian
fuck this autistic crap

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u6.jpg (800x800, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NchV5UphQeQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Use one the installers. Also install Gentoo.

read the wiki

The day you assemble your own weird custom computer from scratch, you will like arch.

>try the basic commands like sudo, apt,
kek kek
jokes aside, ubunmers really do this.

>im going back to debian
Thank you for once again showing why we think Debian users are brainlets. While you were shitposting about how you can't even install an operating system, we were doing actual work.

Just install Antergos for crying out loud and stop being such a whiny cunt.

imagine being too dumb to be able to install arch

>literally too stupid to follow instructions that are clearly spelled out and go into ridiculous detail
Im glad. The arch install process is a perfect way to keep idiots like you out and far away from our forums and discussion. Arch doesn't need retards

Attached: 1520618050404.png (480x558, 117K)

>boot live image
>partition your disks
>chroot into target
>run pacman once
>populate fstab
>generate initrd
>set root password
Nigger, I haven‘t installed or used Arch in about 7 years, how are you this retarded?

>relying on the wiki 24/7 in order to make an incomplete distro to work makes you """"""""smarter""""""" than the rest
the current state of nu-Jow Forums

>arch linuxtards are cucks
Why I'm not surprised?

>why we think Debian users are brainlets
Because they have jobs and sex and don‘t spend 10 hours a day tweaking fonts and PS1?

Attached: 251F1D1F-3C03-4E15-913C-7A44292887F3.png (996x868, 599K)

install gentoo
archfags are fucking goobers

>arch linux
Only kids use it.

kek
desktop threads should be fucking permabanned or moved to /w/ /wg/
its always filled with fucking redditard anime posting faggots

Serious people use default ubuntu for productivity work.

>why installing arch linux is so (unnecessarily) frustating?
because you're a brainlet and you don't know what you're doing which is a good sign you shouldn't be doing it
'installing arch' is literally one command

>reboot
>nothing happens because you haven't installed grub

Happened to me so many times at the beginning.
Arch install is not hard but there are some things that still require manual intervention like the above and configuring your network.
I've always been a Debian Sid user for years but since switching to Arch I haven't really looked back.

>hey why dont you install a distro that is even more autistic
>that you even need to compile the kernel
>MANUALLY
>Oh, but that's easy!Just read the
uuhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>HurDurr
>why are they making me READ
the state of debian users

based

What do you mean? I'm a Debian user and i have Arch installed on my laptop pacman is very similar to apt. Have you ever installed Debian net install? Is just like Arch but instead o having pacman you have apt, and btw Debian has no sudo by default, you should read the documentation first. I find Debian Gentoo and Arch very similar in lots of ways. I think you are an Ubuntu user not a Debian user.

Honestly theres no reason other than laziness arch doesnt have an installer like freebsd or ubuntu mini iso. Manjaro is a lot better if you need arch features

>work done
yea, fucking fixing X because pacman broke it again

Arch linux and Gentoo are for turbonerds/degenerates that don't have anything better to do other than to jack off to a music app they took 30 minutes to compile.

yeah dude i totally get you, baka those arch neckbeards
why do i have to do such a simple task as to follow a guide? fuck skool nigga i ain't reading no shit fuck that i'll just use default debian with gnome lmao :P

consult your MAN pages, soi boi

You're just a brainlet, it's easy as fuck.
Make partitions, mount partitions, pacstrap base, genfstab, chroot, config time, locale and hostname and install a bootloader, it takes me half an hour tops.

maybe because gentoo does the things right where arch fails miserably
>install just what you need
>minimal
>control over your machine
>kinda stable
nobody has a problem with reading some wiki, the problem is this sysadmin larper distro you retards are shilling.
i am by no means a fan of debian but they are at least a bit reflected.

itt cucks who think relying on the wiki 24/7 to make an incomplete distro to work makes you smarter than everyone else

This but unironically. There is no reason to go through the tedium of installing Arch when you can install Ubuntu, Debian, or, if you really want AUR, Manjaro, when the end result is literally the same.
I would love one day to hold a poll to see which distro has the largest percentage of tranny users. I imagine Arch would rank highly.

i bet you really like rick and morty

Why would you delete grub in the first place?

>you're retarded, lol
>just make partitions
>w-wait, what do you mean its not a matter of just typing "make partitions"?
>nah lmao ur just retarded lolol
evrytim

Grub is superfluous if you're using a systemd distro. Just use systemd-boot.

>be ratrded
>complaing about someting
>get told
>try to defend yourself
>end up looking even more retarded
everytime

Since most of you are missing the point of this thread... allow me to simplify it for simpletons like you in a single phrase:
I don't have time to waste compiling shit to reach the same end as something that could be done in a simple command. And no, I'm not gonna waste a fucking week reading the wiki just to make a incomplete distro to work. Fuck you.

Works on my machine

>compiling
Arch is a binary based distribution

>hahh i was only pretending lmao
>which makes u the ruturded lmaoo
yep

i don't think you responded to the right post Sir. but sincerely, fuck you too

>n-no u
sad

You sure have time to bitch when the solution takes 5 seconds. Compiling? There's nothing to compile on arch to make it run, are you thinking of gentoo or something? Don't mention Debian on your shitposting also, Debian is great.

Arch will become irrelevant the day when someone makes a "true" minimal installation for Debian -- where even core packages can be changed.

Arch is relevant because it's not a point release distro which many users don't like. The other alternatives aren't as appealing, unless Ikey ever goes back to Solus.

>just make partitions
>w-wait, what do you mean its not a matter of just typing "make partitions"?
Kek. Why are using Linux at all?

Attached: 5641C3DE-1A22-4C1F-A632-D1F8DA5E8AE0.jpg (458x258, 36K)

>Void
Void

So the only people who can use Linux mist be the ones willing to live and breathe Linux? Is there something wrong with treating it like a modern OS where most shit like making partions or just installing the OS is basically a fully automatic process?

The installers are all obsolete, tired old worthless shit.

Like your father.

Congrats!
Everyone knows you're an idiot now!

>So the only people who can use Linux mist be the ones willing to live and breathe Linux?
No, but it‘s pretty silly to complain that you need to know the names of programs and can‘t get things done by just typing „make X“ into command prompt.
>Is there something wrong with treating it like a modern OS where most shit like making partions or just installing the OS is basically a fully automatic process?
Yes, but it‘s idiotic to complain that a particular flavor of OS designed specifically for those who want it the „hard“ way doesn‘t make things easy. Kind of like berating Lego sets for not coming already assembled. Just use a different distro.

just install manjaro user, you don't need to install Arch from scratch.

based

Alright, can you give a serious non meme answer on why Void is better than Arch? Isn't it a one man distro almost? Those are always dangerous cuz if one person leaves it dies.

I started using Linux 7 months ago and went from Ubuntu to Arch without any problems.
I dont understand why people consider arch so hard to install, its not really complicated at all.

>Those are always dangerous cuz if one person leaves it dies.
i don't think so desu
it does so much so right, i don't think the small community it has would let it die

Attached: 1526386980408.png (1066x252, 53K)

>reading roughly 2x A4 pages for a whole hour
Are you sure you are not retarded?

Alright, I'm going to test it and see for myself.
Thanks for the reply user.

>try the basic commands like sudo, apt, etc
this is either bait, or you are the biggest brainlet to exist

People really do underestimate the positive effects the difficult installing process had on Arch and its community. Speaking of unintended consequences and so on...

>"I haven't installed or used Arch in about 7 years..."
Gee, I wonder why? Thanks for validating OP's point

Your OP is bloat

Attached: arg.png (43x43, 240)

r u his mum?

Gentoo and straight up LFS is the only time when it's acceptable for your "distro" not to have an installer. Arch is fucking dogshit, and as long as it's been around, there's no reason whatsoever for it not to have an installer. Void has an installer, and is also a better distro because it's not chained to SystemD horseshit.

it's the purpose of diy distro, not having an installer is a plus since you can decide everything outside of hardcoded installer
even on debian I usually have avanced install enabled or priority=low or something

as i heard they had an installer but the guy who maintained it left and they just market it since then as an feature.
>Void has an installer, and is also a better distro because it's not chained to SystemD horseshit.
to be fair, Voids installer isn't the best. yes it has one but you are better off not using it.
at least i run into a lot of problems when i tried the installer

nigga it's easy as shit
just follow this video
youtube.com/watch?v=NchV5UphQeQ

linux is linux who gives a shite. Some people want a little more from their system, some people want to battle their system to get shit done. we're all pretty much on the same page that is a hell of a lot better than winblows or applel.

Install Manjaro with KDE, gg ez

>no LVM
>no LUKs
trash video

pseudo-minimalism.

>the same shit, but """""""""""more customized""""""""""""
what is the point

it takes like 20> commands to get arch working.
>fdisk
>format partitions
>mount partitions on /mnt or wherever
>pacstrap /mnt base base-devel linux-headers
>genfstab /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab
>set up clock, locale, hostname
>mkinitcpio -p linux
>configure grub
>set up your user and sudo
>reboot

the installation of arch is pretty straight forward and easy retard. the problem is after installing shit just breaks because the developers are incompetent.
also
>boot up to cli in an unknown system without reading the documentation first

If you can't follow simple instructions from the wiki, Linux as a whole is not for you.
Unironically go and install windows secure operational system by microsoft corporation.

because his install still works

>I haven't installed or used Arch
>installed or used
>used
how does it feel to be so smart, being able to install Arch by your own?

Well fucking done OP. I support you in the charge against these fucking arch autists.
>inb4 OMG just read the wiki! its not hard!

Actual work? You are literally using a stinky fedora wearing basement dweller OS.

Install manjaro noob

It's an OS used by gatekeeping neckbeards
Also Debian is a lot more stable and usable than this turd

You are perfectly right. The wiki it's fool proof if you can't type a bunch of commands you deserve it. It even uses zsh too to make it easier to complete commands and move through dierecotries. Everything is well written and documented with explanations of what does what. I've learned a lot from my first arch install and now I can't go back to anything which doesn't allow me do a manual install.
And there are plenty of yt tutorials too, so I don't get why it takes 30 minutes to read the wiki when the manual install aka when you type shit in to the computer it takes less then 15 minutes.

either that or default fedora
meme distros are exclusively for larping NEETs, nothing productive is ever done using them

>unironically believing in the arch is hard and breaks meme
>having a functioning brain
pick one, if you're capable.

you're dealing with people who live and breathe their riced 20 year old shitpads because that's the only thing going in their life

Grub is not installed/configured by default if you just pacstrap base

Gaze your eyes upon this assortment of paper sheets and decode its symbols in order to construct or derive meaning, African American.

just install manjaro
they even hold back updates so the arch niggers have to deal with the bugs first

i just pointed out how your own quote negated your point.
everybody besides OP is capable of installing that meme, and it doesn't make you smart, that's what i am trying to say

Attached: 1550160678788.jpg (250x241, 7K)

real meme is how pointless busywork of installing and maintaining arch is going to teach you anything useful professionally, somehow

That's why I use Manjaro KDE, which I call ManDE.

Attached: Manjaro KDE.png (720x467, 201K)

Manjaro also has an nice default config for i3

Arch is the ultimate gatekeep to Linux, keeps the retards out and the code pure.

>why installing arch linux is so (unnecessarily) frustating?
Install Antergos, and remove their repo from pacman.conf, edit the appropriate file to change the distro name to Arch. Wow, Linux is so hard. If you had ever even tried to actually install Arch, you'd know all this shit. You've gotta put some effort into things every once in a while to earn the right to be lazy.

Except it is a meme.
Thank you for helping us spot the brainlets in this thread, user.

>10 hours a day tweaking fonts
Debian has the worst looking fonts of all the Linux distros, though.

B
A
S
E
D

Don't be a faggot OP, it's not hard just follow the ArchWiki