Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: lollipop.jpg (600x807, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtInClXe1Q
hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/
github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64
chocolatey.org/packages/icecat
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1207834
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My PC blue-screened on my twice in 2 weeks when shutting it down. It now takes forever to download stuff and to get to the desktop after entering the password when compared to before. Both my SSD and HDD now cap out at 56 mb/s according to the steam game installation window even though they get up to 150 mb/s. How do I go about trouble shooting this ? Pic rel, its the SSD

Attached: asdasdasd.png (406x373, 48K)

say I want to make a forum with mysql and node. how does password encryption work? I mean users are supposedly going to have input boxes for account creation and login, which gets sent to me (the server). I guess I would have a users table in the database with fields for username and password; node scripts would be both getting the stuff from the input boxes in the client's html as well as interfacing with mysql to send parameterized queries to add a new row to that users table.
the password wouldn't be plaintext. how is it encrypted? ssl? what's actually going to be in that field, is it still a string or is it something more abstract?
whats the standard here, am I wrong from the start? is it more like a user should actually be added as a literal user of the db?

Is the easiest way to run proprietary software (Stem, PyCharm Pro, et.) on MUSL Linux is to use glibc chroot?

Attached: 1200px-Musl_libc.svg.png (1200x450, 69K)

i accidentally ran sudo rm -r ~ and deleted most of my documents and probably more. Any way to recover this?

make sure you dont do ANYTHING else on that computer
take the hdd out immediately
all youve actually lost is metadata for the locations of those files, they're still on the disk but if you write anything to it, it could overwrite stuff because theres nothing there anymore telling it "theres already stuff in this location"
you probably already knew this though and are just asking for a recovery software recommendation
in which case i cant help because im a dumbass and cant actually answer the question, sorry

I just tested this out, but it pressed 's' every 100 seconds. Any ideas?

what is happening here? git for windows should use bash syntax. are there characters I have to escape in git? same line works in command prompt on windows
git
ffprobe /d/Music/IOSYS/[IO-0300] ファンタジックぴこれーしょん!/03. 夕野ヨシミ - チルノのパーフェクトさんすう教室 - Ryu remix -.flac
cmd.exe
ffprobe "D:\Music\IOSYS\[IO-0300] ファンタジックぴこれーしょん!\03. 夕野ヨシミ - チルノのパーフェクトさんすう教室 - Ryu remix -.flac"

Attached: 1540165853318.png (1652x847, 768K)

i'm doing a backup of the filesystem right now. Cant really unmount it and do anything since its the filesystem with the OS on it.

I tested it with everything disconnected except CPU and MB plugs. All I get is that CPU light.

No LED display, that's why I'm so frustrated with this motherboard.

Unfortunately, don't have another board available to test the CPU, or another CPU to test the MB.

You could boot into a live USB.

Is there anything I can do with dual nics on a Windows 10 PC? Right now I have a 8 port unmanaged Gigabit switch and a 100 mbps connection to the internet.

it magically works again if I remove the square brackets from the folder name

Hide and sage this thread

does it matter what version of firefox i'm using to minimize telemetry with this guide, or just in general? spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

Post and bump this thread
It doesn't matter since all versions of Firefox are almost the same.

Attached: 1524040591260.gif (320x240, 273K)

cringe
based
I would imagine the regular releases or ESR would be better to use, as I think the development/nightly releases add extra botnet.
Or you could just use Icecat, if you happen to be on GNU/Linux.
Look into NIC teaming.

Are there any decent "Smart bulbs" or rather just, programmable LED lightbulbs, that can be controlled via bluetooth or other local means, without requiring an app that connects to the interwebs?

passwords are not secure in plaintext or in a way that's reversible (encrypted)

previously it was common to hash a password with a salt (random value) so users of the same password have different hashes (and for other reasons)

now, instead of plain hashing things like Argon2 are recommended

Entertaining video on the field: youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtInClXe1Q

What do you do when you have like 5 external drives? I keep buying a terabyte everytime I run out of space because I’m poor but now I’m out of ports and have no idea what to do

there's remote light switches of different kinds, both for individual bulb socket switching and wall socket switching.

my mom has a wall socket switch with remote control buttons that just turn it on/off for 4 sockets but i dont know if that's enough control for you

Can I get a recommendation for a budget Android smartphone? Ideally less than 300 CAD.

buy larger drives

have you tried the fucking dedicated daily smartphone thread?

how retarded are you?

I'm mostly looking for something 'aesthetic' without having to worry about being unable to change my light, should my internet die.
Something that I can set to a very dim, brown/orange-ish light in the evening, instead of blasting full on bright white eye death like I have now, and maybe something similar if the mood strikes me.

I have questions about chrome://flags.
Ask here, or is it worth making a thread for it?
Has anyone tried this one out?

Attached: whatarecssfragments.jpg (1280x675, 190K)

ESR builds dont get 'all' security fixes, only ones deemed critical

>whatisgoogle.jpg#cssfragment

how can i change my default file manager in ubuntu?

Get a hard drive dock and swap through them like VHS Tapes
Also start buying bigger drives, how do you even manage to gather 5tb of data anyway? do you do video editing or do you have some obsession with not deleting anything?

>how do you even manage to gather 5tb of data anyway?
look at this pleb

Attached: keks.gif (200x150, 1.01M)

>still using chrome
Why? They're getting worse and worse and more and more intrusive and now they won't fucking allow to turn off hyperlink auditing. It's a joke.

Docker.

how does one change Firefox's back/forward arrows? the newer arrows are just too transparent and bland looking

How do I stop youtube from autoplaying its videos? I want to watch them with mpv.

I need serious answers guys

5TB isn’t too much data. How much do you have? I download a lot of video games.

also wanted to ask, is there a database of GUI changing scripts for firefox somewhere?

Trying to use hydrus
Imported a folder with 1002 jpg or png files.
It only has 758 files imported, tried importing it again, they are already in the db it said.
There are no duplicates in hydrus.
Why are all my files not being imported?

chrome://flags/#disable-hyperlink-auditing
I still need something on my old phone...
Larger drives and/or multiple port hub.

When I close my laptop there's a 50% chance it wont go to sleep and the fan continues to spin and the bottom stays warm. Is it more than likely a hardware issue or should I change something in Windows?

how do i spell uh windows 10 ame/amoriliated
because that spelling is wrong
and i wanna download it
and cant find it because my spelling is wrong

Please link to hyrus main site, because qll I'm getting is star constellations and soil simulation(?!) software.

Someone please help me fix pic related.
I've cleared the data and redid ALL my settings several times and the same glitches keep happening.
Last few update messed it up and can't go back.

Attached: weirdstuffkeepshappening.jpg (1280x680, 278K)

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/

Block a bunch of google's shit and break it.

What browser?...

what's the best way to organize all my stuff? meaning images/videos/games/etc. Any recommended program that help in folder naming and shit like this?

I would like to run a idle script for steam on a vps 24/7, will they see my credentials if I do so?

They probably use browser variations, so yes.

Can the line-out of a cheap DAC (Fiio D03k, 1.5V fixed output) properly drive 47 Ohm headphones?

Please respond!

Attached: 1545848249251.jpg (577x556, 67K)

Why do people use cross over cables for?

can't straight cables do the same function as cross over like switch to switch and also to different devices?

Attached: 1554825541986.jpg (1754x1240, 232K)

buy a large drive you braindead, 6TB is good.

So what do I do with the old drives?

Now I have 6 drives

Using a laptop by the way

>Using a laptop by the way

Attached: 1549938626149.jpg (700x720, 116K)

What is the current g-approved browser?

Attached: __julianne_stingray_va_11_hall_a_drawn_by_manatsu_live__sample-b52cace8591e7a5feb4e64980c493cdb.jpg (850x1202, 134K)

Back in the older days of Ethernet, Ethernet ports would either be connected to a controller with MDI (computers, routers and end-devices) or MDI-X (switches and hubs) attached to the RJ-45 pinout. These two standards had different pinouts attached to the RJ-45 slot, and the signals would collide on the green and blue wires if two devices with the same MDI type were connected.. The crossover cable was made so that similar devices could be connected without signal collision. Nowadays, most switches, routers, and network cards have an Auto-MDI mode that will switch the MDI mode of the connector if it detects signal collisions between the two devices. Crossover cables are useless if you're dealing with network equipment made after 2006 or that supports Gigabit but some people will make them or buy them just in case they're dealing with legacy equipment.

We all know Youtube's playlist shuffle is fucked. Is there a way to fix this, or some other site that can load a playlist and shuffle it properly? I have a playlist of almost 3,000 songs and it only ever grabs the first 100.

How much of a meme are vertical mice?

Attached: 61bUOmkjsKL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 14K)

icecat

Needs to run on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks

Brave

ungoogled chromium

github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64
chocolatey.org/packages/icecat

I bought that exact mouse. Total piece of shit.

What exactly did you hate about it?

The signal was terrible, so the tracking was terrible. One of the most important things a mouse has to do is tracking your movements.

Why does 5G makes the bees explode?

I don't know, Anonymous. Why?

(you motherfucker better have a punchline)

netscape or aol

Because its gay lmao

I don't have a punchline I want to do why 5G is so different from previous signals that it's fucking everything up and requires like 3x the amount of towers?

I didn't mean that mouse specifically, I wanted to ask if you found the form factor of vertical mice easy to use and if there's any problem in familiarizing yourself with it.

Is an 860 EVO overkill for a ThinkPad (T430)? I've noticed how slow it's gotten recently, and it still has the 7200 RPM HDD that came with it when I bought it. I think that the best way to speed it up would be to replace the HDD with an SSD, but I want to know if there's any benefits or differences between the SSDs I should buy. The main recommendations I see floating around are the 860 EVO and 860 QVO, are there any big differences between those models? Or are there any other models/brands I should be looking out for?

Attached: 81k2fWLrMsL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 163K)

Sadly, fuck youtube.
Yeah, literally not an issue unless you've got switches from before like 2004.

I went through two vertical mice before I decided a better investment was a good mousepad and wrist rest and a standard high dpi gaming mouse. Keeping your wrist an inch off the table with a wrist rest does as much or more than a vertical mouse imho.

My wife Illya is so cute

Shorter range, the TLAs are pushing it so they can track people more accurately.
I'm not meming.

Alright then, guess I'll just get a Logitech MS-2. I don't really care about gaming features (though I do play games), just want something that's comfy to use.

Why don’t yo want a vertical mouse?

I don’t know what’s supposed to mean?

Attached: PNG image.png (820x720, 655K)

had this issue a while now. i have reset and scrubbed almost every thing i own over time.
this keeps showing up as a device on my pc.
i don't own fucking TV, especially SONY!
i even moved 30 miles to new apartment, so it's not the neighbors.
EVERYTHING is HARDWIRED.
nothing is on this network via WiFi.
but it shows as a device on the network (sometimes).

what do i do to fix this annoyance?

Attached: What The Actual Fuck.png (439x506, 18K)

sony/samsung... whatever... i was pissed while typing that

I don't know if I wanted a vertical mouse that's why I'm asking.

I thought you were asking for ergonomic reasons

Yes

Can someone tell me how to escape the botnet that is YouTube on iOS??

how can I use GS Wavetable Synth in C# without making a stupid UWP project

what does it have that firefox doesn't?

An SSD will be a huge upgrade from an HDD. I think 860 QVO uses quad level cells instead of triple level cells that the EVO uses which basically means you're paying slightly less for a drive with less endurance. I'm not sure what the impact on endurance is but the price difference between the EVO and QVO is minimal.

Best (FOSS) tool for invoice generation/templating? I want to stop using Excel for this and maybe use something HTML-based so that it looks better.

ah, found out here
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1207834

>how do you even manage to gather 5tb of data anyway?

Attached: 976.png (157x190, 56K)

But seriously what do I do with my 5 drives

Anyone know how to rip videos off of "Vimeo on demand" normally id gladly pay for premium content but they're charging for "renting" instead of digitally "owning" so it's not worth the price. Long shot but does anyone know how?

Each game is like 100GB and each 4k movie is like 50GB these days, I had 5TB 8 years ago when everything was still much smaller and it was hardly enough.

it was gone for a while.
just came back.
no idea what to think about this shit.

Attached: ShitDamnFuck.png (695x739, 41K)

If everything is hardwired and wifi is what, impossible? Than I'm intrigued.
What model is your monitor?
Are you on a laptop or a desktop because...

start torrenting

win-10 pro lenovo y-580 ideapad laptop built-in lg brand panel, hdmi extended desktop to dell 27" monitor.