When was the last time you were genuinely surprised about anything technological?

what was it?

Attached: 145465673585.gif (179x259, 714K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_6p-1J551Y&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When I saw LCD screens being sold for less than a thousand dollars

The Core2Duo blew me away the first time I used it. That's the last time I remember being distinctly impressed with a performance gain.

When I bought my first smartphone in 2012, Galaxy Gio android 2.2, before smartphones went down the shitter and became the annoying trendy piece of shit which it is today.

Seeing 144hz for the first time.

when i upgraded to 8gb ram from 4gb a couple of months ago

I was genuinely surprised when I built a desktop with a 2200g and vega graphics after using shitty intel HD graphics for many years on a laptop
Even after looking up gameplay videos using that APU I doubted about performances being that decent

They have a working hoverboard now, like the goblin from spider-man.
There is also a flying suit like iron-man, but it's not as agile, so it's less impressive.

when my custom kernel didnt kernel panic

oh also this
youtube.com/watch?v=n_6p-1J551Y&t=3s

Blockchain technology in general. Too bad it's useless

when i got my psp as a kid

When I one day wrote 1000 lines of code and it compiled without any errors

Technology doesn't evolve fast enough to be surprised.

The AI that generates anime girls

Very subjective question. Probably most millennials it was the first flip phone or first laptop. This was early 2000s when phones and laptops were becoming affordable, and you were young enough to appreciate nice things. By 2007-2008 we already knew what smartphones did. Oh cool it's like an iPod touch that does phone calls.
For me it was probably the palm zire, I was like 10 or 11 I think.

Imagine being a boomer and owning a laptop or personal cellphone for the first time in your 30s. Sad we will never experience this feeling, probably ever.

Trying the Oculus Rift dev kit. I felt like a kid discovering video games for the first time again, it was indescribable.

When I saw a website that loaded within a third of a second and didn't download 20 meg of jabbascript cancer.

The incredible thing that is kde connect

Attached: The Future is Now.webm (854x480, 221K)

stick-stick your dick in it

damn user that's hot. robot waifus gon real soon?

When this game was shown for the first time, my mouth was at the fucking floor gasping at the concept of free roaming a 3D world.

I remember the TV anchor commenting something like:
"No, this is not an animation clip, this is THE ACTUAL GAME!"

Attached: 246932-super-mario-64-nintendo-64-screenshot-bob-omb-battlefield.jpg (640x480, 54K)

This! Other than that's the closest it ever got to it.

oh shit I'm gonna make that gel cum

Attached: piano.jpg (659x483, 23K)

When I tried out proton and it actually fucking worked. Years of tinkering with wine before most games would work, and Steam comes along with it's one-click-install and it actually works. It's almost insulting.

proton started off on wine as base.

Same here.

When I learned at uni how transistors works and still am at technologies used to make CPUs at nanometer scale
Fascinating

Of course I know that, but like so many great *nix tools, it's that last few yards of polish that makes all the difference. DXVK, the tweaks and special configs they have all add up to a "JIST WIRKS" gaming experience on Linux.

Deep blue AI playing vs korean sc2 progamers.

what is this? some medical apparatus?