Why on earth doesn't the iphone have a usb-c connector? What is the justification for that?

Why on earth doesn't the iphone have a usb-c connector? What is the justification for that?

Attached: iphone-7-lightning-port-100690288-large.3x2.jpg (1200x800, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_pro_12_9_(2018)-9387.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because lightning is better

They're able to sell more cables/adapters this way

In what way?

This, apple products are a general pieces of overpriced dogshit somehow WORSE than the literal chinkshit copycat stuff.

None, lightning is SO bad that apple got rid of it on their ipads pros. It usually FAILS before the usb cable does so you have to send it to an apple genius©®™ to fix it for hundreds of dollars.

gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_pro_12_9_(2018)-9387.php

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-114238.png (720x1280, 141K)

>why does a product solely designed for stupid people have stupid connectors that force the aforementioned stupid users to spend more money?

Attached: notsureiftrolling.jpg (230x230, 38K)

because capitalism compels apple to lock users into their walled garden, op.

The same reason why they don't have a 3.5 audio jack.

Because it allows then to collect royalties from every 3rd party cable made.

It's a $19.95 profit every time Apple sells a new one after the last one broke in under a month.

Attached: 1553095615672.jpg (596x538, 53K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1527958648704.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Retards will buy them anyway
Profit

Actually the free market ensures that only the best products profit and cutting corners to reduce costs never works because the consumer won't buy it

Actually the free market ensures that only the best marketed products profit and cutting corners to reduce costs works when you trick consumers into thinking your product is good

Wrong, commie.

Okay, this is epic

>the free market ensures that only the best products profit
that's incorrect

whatever u say chief

Attached: DqzfxGCVAAA23y9.jpg (444x440, 36K)

Lightning connector introduced Sep 2012.
USB-C connector standard finalized Aug 2014.
Apple already had lightning, so, why would they switch again for no real benefit?

Hello fellow whites

buy those Apple branded dongles, goy
Interoperability only enables you to get cooties from Android!
I'm staring at my bf's frayed lightning cable connected to his iPad right now. It's disgusting and I tell him to get a third party one, but he doesn't even understand why the exposed wire is dangerous. I'm about to drop his ass. His (literal)Applefaggotry has pissed me off for the last time.
hello fellow white

Attached: 1553193671021.jpg (680x764, 58K)

Vendor lock-in

companies have to pay licence fees to apple if they want to use Lightning in their products

The next step isnt usb-c, the next step will be either magsafe style port or no port at all,
and total water proofing.

proprietary, dongle sales are a huge business

>bf
>owns apple products
That relationship was never going to work. Either dump him or pour drano through a slot in his skull into his brain to make a sex zombie.

>literal homo faggots have iphones

IMAJEN ME SHOCK

Attached: 1497338980183.jpg (1024x576, 93K)

based

But the market isn't free.

I've got an ipad A1337

Battery still lasts forever and still have the original cord no issues.

Why do you feel the need to like Rakesh?

>hello fellow white
Satania is Jewish though

Attached: mpv-shot0017.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

DELET

whos rakesh, I dont know any pajeets

Unironically true. The only Apple product I have owned is an iPhone SE, but lightning is a superior connector to type C.

Type C has room for dust and shit in the male and female connectors, as well as a fragile tongue in the female connector. Lightning has neither. Type C might be adequate, but lightning is obviously better.

Attached: USB-type-c-vs-lightning-2.jpg (768x460, 41K)

And yet, for the 4 years its been out there has NEVER been a single complaint about them breaking whereas iShit connectors break 5 minutes after you take it out of the package.

Attached: 1547007288628.jpg (1919x1966, 709K)

> Satania is Jewish
> the evil which is set to rule the world is Jewish
Japs aren't subtle about jews, are they?

hmmm

Attached: Capture.png (302x147, 4K)

Hmm

Attached: IMG_20190414_005843_136.jpg (677x147, 15K)

>.58 seconds

Attached: Screenshot (26).png (640x158, 8K)

nice bait

by best you mean desirable, which could include durable
but not in this case clearly lol

And yet both the failure rate and the cost to replace the cable are far higher with Lightning.

>Tutti

>ishit
Found your problem.

>pasta nigger

Because money

USB-C is a meme

>I'm staring at my bf'
kys degenerate

>I'm staring at my bf's frayed lightning cable connected to his iPad right now.

Attached: 1535702495587.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

this is actually factually false, usb-c is soldered in most android devices, samsung is pretty much the only device with a usb c on flex, however iphones charging ports are always on flex and you can pick up good mfi certified cables on places like amazon for cheap (ie amazon basics) sorry to burst your bubble rakesh

because...product cycles
When a given iPhone is released in Sept/Oct...it plans have more or less been finalized for around 18 months. On top of that, that iPhone is likely part of a larger 5 year plan. The parts that make these phone get negotiated and bought sometimes years in advance. It is very difficult and costly to change these plans on relatively short notice. USB-C will come, when they get around to it in the cycle.

You can see a similar long term view in car production. Thats why certain models dont get new features until a design refresh, even though other products from the same manufacturer get the new stuff earlier.

Wrong, it's all about marketing. Apple focuses on looks and people buy them for the brand, regardless if theyre trash quality or not. Same with Corsair, Razer, HP, etc.

Never had this happen and I’ve been using apple stuff since the iPod touch 2nd gen.

Literal nigger tier.... I guess some people are violent with their shit.

baste

Because every other device they make has usb-c. They care about their ecosystem and what not, why not simply add it to iphone as well?

Mobile dev here, I can't imagine how debugging is gonna look like once we get to no port.

Use the previous version of the Universal (keyword right there) Serial Bus for mobile: microUSB.
After all, Apple wants cross-manufacturer compatibility, right?

>total waterproofing
>applel removing the main warranty failure mode on their most profitable and commonly replaced product

yeah right, next time you post you'll say that they're gonna fix the macbook pro's overheating issues or shitty cracking display ribbons or keyboards

these things make money because they market them to rich people and then they make sure they can easily break. Poorfags just go out and by them because they're status symbols. the last good ipod, iphone or ipad had a solid aluminum chassis and they almost exclusively have made their products more and more flimsy since then.

BF? Are you gay?

Have you never heard of SSH?

I was talking about working on an app and then testing/debugging those changes on a real device. Xcode allows for wireless debugging right now, when on wifi, but in my experience it works like shit due to latency. And transferring the binary when making the slightest change is gonna be really tiresome and slow the development.

this is pure speculation, and I might bet talking out of my ass due to limited knowledge but...
I wonder if Apple would move the debugging stuff to wireless...but over bluetooth not wifi. Perhaps we will see this with the W1/H1 type chips in the future, where they address issues like latency with wireless debugging.

Aren't you?
Fucking cringe.

>It's disgusting and I tell him to get a third party one, but he doesn't even understand why the exposed wire is dangerous

lol no it's not retard. The frayed wire is carrying low voltage (typically either 12V or 24V which is regulated to 5V and 3.3V on the motherboard itself) and is galvanically isolated from the mains via a transformer and proper PCB design techniques such as proper clearances between high and low voltage sides, anti-tracking slots, opto-isolator feedback, class y capacitor across the transformer for emi suppression. On top of all that the low voltage side is typically current limited by proper design of the feedback loop so even if you short circuit the secondary it can only draw a finite amount of current. Typically not more than 2-3A or so. It's completely fucking safe to have frayed wires on a Macbook charger. It will neither cause electrocution or fire.

t. mactoddler

Attached: 1552126274965.jpg (617x887, 165K)

I have a custom built PC, a T530 for a laptop, and a Moto G for a fucking phone. I am I no way a Mactoddler nor am I defending Apple. I'm a goddamn electrical engineer that knows my shit and feels compelled to correct the retards on Jow Forums.

>woman

Look at that. You can add 'will kill your cat' to the list of reasons why Apple is evil.

from what institution is your EE degree?
Have you taken the FE?

> "laptop burnt down flat"
> laptop, the device close to the seat of the fire, somehow survived
What a load of shit. Do you faggots even think for yourselves anymore?

It's not that implausible. It was the cable that caught on fire. When you plug your laptop in, you usually leave it on a desk or a nightstand of some sort. Although the cable was connected to the PC, it is about half a meter long. The fire would have spread from the outlet-side of the cable, leaving the laptop, safely on top of a fireproof nightstand, relatively intact.

t. Jow Forums unversity economics graduate

What did she try do on it, use it like it's intended

>use it like it's intended
She did.

kek

>500 emails

Attached: 1033437.jpg (422x390, 26K)

based

>pasta nigger

>5 year plan

Attached: 677457800.jpg (243x316, 24K)

>pasta nigger

Berri Paste

Attached: 1553636650140.gif (640x358, 1.94M)

Attached: Minion Mic Drop.gif (320x320, 785K)

>sacrifice the headphone jack because 'muh water resistance'
>have a huge gaping hole as charger
What did they mean by this?

>if you aren’t a libertarian cuck, you’re a communist
s e k i y

That only works when all consumers in a market are well informed on the products they are purchasing. Most people rely on advertising to guide thier purchasing choices, which is usually not based on honest or factual information, i.e. misinformation.

oh no no no no no

>Berri Paste
really made me think

I don't know how Applel gets away with this. Literally every lightning cable at the office is always frayed to shit and none of the USB cables ever are. The worst part is that the iPoors don't even bother to get new cables, they keep using their frayed cables, I'd be scared to even plug my phone into some of the shit I've seen, you'll literally get shocked if you touch it the wrong way and they'll plug their phone into it for it to get blown up if it short circuits.

Same, I only had a little bit of “loose” rubber on one end of my lightning cable but that is after using it for 6,5 years. People just need to treat their stuff a bit better

basted

>pasta nigger

>>pasta

F Tibby

>yfw you pay 2 thousand dollars to burn your pet to death

>shitaly

Attached: 1555236077360.jpg (264x277, 19K)

What did he mean by this?

>cable is stained yellow and macbook is scuffed to shit

how about you take care of your own shit dumb nigger

Please sir enter Apple unbrick code after replacing Lightning port

please do the needful