Be sysadmin

>Be sysadmin
>Have a college degree
>Get told I'm safe from automation because of this
>Lose my job because of automation
Why did you lie to me, Jow Forums?

Attached: D0SnMDbUwAA51EV.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

we're all fucking fucked

Attached: machi17.jpg (1920x2285, 223K)

I think a lot of sys admin jobs are going to disappear. Whatever can't go to a cloud service or automated will go to Pajeet. That's gonna be the cost savings model for IT going forward.

Going to college to be a sysadmin sounds dumb as fuck. You could just get literally like 3 certs and be even more employable than that.

Because nobody is safe. But look on the bright side: some talking head cunt on Radio 4 said that continued automation won't cause mass unemployment, because jobs like Social Media Manager and Brand Influencer Relations didn't exist 20 years ago!

They're coming for junior lawyers. Basically I recon all the smarty pants who thought this wouldn't effect them didn't have their fields go through the previous industrial revolutions. Hold on for debumby ride XDD

>Because nobody is safe.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA just because you do low skill, low IQ work doesn't mean everyone does.

>Because nobody is safe.
There are shitloads of positions which are completely impossible to automate.

>Sysadmin
Who on Jow Forums told you to do that? You were supposed to study comp sci or software engineering.

Right, I forgot. There are some people who are safe: the people whose job it is to decide when to replace workers with AI memes.

there are a shitload more people than there are openings for those positions

it's your fault for not being adaptable.

> >Lose my job because of automation
What kind of a dead end job that is, if it can be automated with Docker-compose or Ansible.

Sorry you were dumb enough to believe lies instead of researching for yourself before making a life changing decision?

Attached: -1.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

mya-nee

It's not automation, it's centralization and standardization. There's a difference. Now instead of a million poorly-educated obnoxious personalities that think having a college degree and knowing how to install a computer makes them a desirable asset, you have ten thousand extremely skilled engineers at Amazon guaranteeing support and up-time that people like you couldn't dream of promising.

You job was always on the cutting board and you should have known it. What do you expect when you're someone who everyone hates and who hates everyone? That there is a job that shouldn't exist.

>>Lose my job because of automation
How do you replace a sysadmin with automation? Someone has to manage the boxes the webtards' Docker images are running on.

MYA-NEE!

I wish I weren't safe, my job requires human attention because cnc machinery lacks the ability to know something has broken or needs replacing.

Friendly reminder that all IT faggots and codemonkeys will be obsolete in less than 15 years
Only us high-IQ software engineers and data scientists will be left

Attached: 1539919023718.png (1024x768, 280K)

Because being a sysadmin for most small to medium businesses is literally one step above being a help desk.

>Now instead of a million poorly-educated obnoxious personalities that think having a college degree and knowing how to install a computer makes them a desirable asset, you have ten thousand extremely skilled engineers at Amazon
It's the other way around, companies are asking for familiarity with AWS since managing cloud shit has become a common aspect of sysadmin work.
OP is just a brainlet that can't adapt.

> skilled engineers at Amazon guaranteeing support and up-time
Read their ToS. Your data is your responsibility, no backups guaranteed. Amazon is cool, but read their ToS, if you aren't baiting.

I thought sysadmin is literally helpdesk.

For some it is

Honestly very few companies give a shit about their workforce. I see shit about "develop our people" all the time but it's all lies. You have to depend on yourself.

just get a masters of business and sell the software they replaced you with lmao

it is at small shops. im a sysadmin but its been years since ive talked to an end user