These corporate fags tell me that they buy the Mac because it weights 400g less than a used Thinkpad...

These corporate fags tell me that they buy the Mac because it weights 400g less than a used Thinkpad. Are people in technology today are so fucking weak that they are willing to pay 83-90% more just so that can carry a less durable laptop? What gives Jow Forums? Why won't they lift?

Attached: ec3-fb4a.jpg (540x339, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discussions.apple.com/thread/5823810
forums.macrumors.com/threads/rmbp-throttling-to-0-8ghz-apple-says-“working-as-intended”.2003528/
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/mbp-15-throttle-down-to-0-8-ghz.643573/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>weighs almost half a kilo less than a used thinkpad
>better hardware than a used thinkpad
>newer hardware than a used thinkpad
>aluminum casing vs cheap plastic
>paid for by corporate dosh rather than your own money
>still doesn't want a mac
I think you're obsessed and fanatical at this point, OP. The only real argument against macs are cost.

thanks mr skeltal

You can't repair a Mac and it's not faster than thinkpad. These 1.2GHz i5/7 CPU's are trash.

>You can't repair a Mac
Corporate purchases usually come with support agreements.

>it's not faster than thinkpad. These 1.2GHz i5/7 CPU's are trash.
My mid-2014 MBP has an i7-4980HQ clocked at 2.8 GHz. It's not superfast, but I don't expect more of a laptop with superior battery life to anything else I've used.

So your argument is
"it's shit but I don't pay for it so it's ok".
Cancer!

this clearly isn't his argument

>it's shit
No, I didn't say that. It's clearly better than an old thinkpad. Note how OP didn't state which models he was considering, which is obviously intentional.

>I don't pay for it so it's ok
Well yeah, the argument against macs is usually that you get the same hardware for a cheaper price.

How are they "clearly better" when they tend to shit themselves and die if you look at them wrong?

iToddler BTFO

>How are they "clearly better" when they tend to shit themselves and die if you look at them wrong?
That's not my experience at all. I'm still using my MBP from late 2014, and it survived quite some beatings due to its aluminium casing. I've dropped in the floor a couple of times, and only made a small notch in the casing.

You do realize that you can drive a car over a thinkpad and still have it boot properly, right? Your Mac will eventually overheat and die due to no proper cooling.

>You do realize that you can drive a car over a thinkpad and still have it boot properly, right?
While that's probably true, it still doesn't mean that Macs just fall apart if you look at them wrong.

>Your Mac will eventually overheat and die due to no proper cooling.
Well, it's still working after 4+ years, which is about twice the duration of any laptops I've used previously (including a W540).

Also, unlike other laptops I've used, the heating is in the back rather than underneath and fans are nicely mounted on the back, meaning that I can actually have it on my lap without scolding myself. I will admit that the battery has gotten hotter over the years so the fans are more active now, but I have still yet to experience the catastrophic overheating problem that Jow Forums claim happens.

>Corporate purchases usually come with support agreements.
Yea, real enterprise hardware comes with nbd support by default where a technician calls you and comes to your door step the very next day and fixes or replaces the thing. Apple shitware comes with "take it to 3rd party repair shop by yourself and they'll fix it when they have the time which is 2-5 business days or maybe even more if they need to order stuff from their Dutch warehouse because who the fuck would store spare parts locally" support. Maybe if you're NASA or Google, then you'll get to negotiate a better SLA. That's just the tip of the iceberg of how fucking awful Apple is for enterprise customers.

I will admit that I'm not familiar with the details of the company's SLA (I've also switched jobs since then, and got to keep my laptop). I'll have to take your word for it.

Maybe you've got the magical golden mac that just works. Meanwhile I'm dealing with faulty keyboards, fans randomly blasting on full blow even on idle, Macs running slow due to overheating or lack of RAM and adapter madness. And that's just the hardware issues.

>Maybe you've got the magical golden mac that just works.
Or maybe Jow Forums is just full of shit, like they are on every other topic under the sun?

Attached: yoomer.jpg (791x584, 86K)

>My mid-2014 MBP has an i7-4980HQ clocked at 2.8 GHz
bahahah, he bought i7-4xxx in mid 2014.
I bought the lelnovo y410p it late 2013 with the i7-4700QM, 6 hours of battery life, novidia 755m, 1TB hybrid hdd.
I swapped the hdd for a samy pro 256gb, I populated the msata with a 1TB evo samy, I replaced the dvd drive with another 3cell battery, which gave me another 2 hours of juice, topping 8 hours.
Laptop cost $799 from lelnovo, extra battery was something like $30, the ssds cost somewhere $500 and I plan on getting 16/32GB ram in a matter of months to upgrade the 8GB it came with.

What does this mean? It means that even if I didn't spent a dime on that laptop, I would've been way better than a throttling overpriced piece of shit that apple sells, with 0 chance of adding anything.
Not even in your wet dreams, you appletards, could dream a second battery, or 2 and 3rd storage device, or even SLI, which this laptop supports.

I only regret the fact that it has a poc chassis, but if I went for a new thinkpad it would've been double the price I paid.

>Why won't they lift?

Oh but they do lift!
Just ultra thin and light dumbbells because they look more fashionable than the ugly bulky dumbbells those unattractive bodybuilders use.

>6 hours of battery life
I have more battery life though, it usually lasts 7-8 hours.

>novidia 755m
The 755m is only marginally better than the 750m that's in my MBP. But yes, it is better.

>1TB hybrid hdd.
I have 512 GB SSD, which is my only regret that I didn't vamp up storage as well as RAM. I did get 16 GB RAM.

But good for you user, I still don't think my MBP is bad in any way.

I meant in addition to, not "as well as". Sorry.

>doesn't mean that Macs just fall apart if you look at them wrong.

Reminder that opening the screen more than 30 degrees qualifies as "looking at them wrong" and will cause the display cable to fatigue crack, requiring an entire screen replacement.

if you look up "that one anorexic youtuber" this girl comes up.

I hoped that those fucking Macs would just work, but that's just not the reality I'm living. I'm 100% sure it's just trolls and shill who spam apple threads.

itoddlers are brainwashed retards. they legitimately need to be told what to do or buy.

>than a used
>than a used
>than a used
>than a used
And when compared to new. I suspect apple looks bad when the comparison is fair.

Is true.

Attached: Lifting Weights Obama GIF - Find _ Share on GIPHY.gif (320x180, 1.71M)

Gosh she is so pretty it hurts

Attached: DtHVPhbUcAAiNR-.jpg large.jpg (1535x1751, 532K)

>they just don't work, trust me

She's a bit too chubby for my taste

The point was to point out how fanatical some people on this board is. They'll unironically claimed that an old and worn out Thinkpad is better than a Mac.

I'm glad she's eating better now.

Yeah for awhile I was worried about her gaining too much too. Glad she's back on her weight loss diet again.

>weighs almost half a kilo less than a used thinkpad
I'm not a manlet who lets such a thing as weight prevent me from enjoying a computer
>better hardware than a used thinkpad
Since Applel uses Intel, and so does Lenovo, there's no point. Plus, Thinkpads are upgradable up to a pont, which while not that much, is still more than applel
>>newer hardware than a used thinkpad
the keyword here is used
>>aluminum casing vs cheap plastic
thin aluminium chassis vs thicc magnesium rollcage. Thinkpads are basically the Lada Niva of computers, pic related
>>paid for by corporate dosh rather than your own money
After a while, company may as well give you your thinkpad once it's out of it's coprorate life support, with perhaps a new hard disk. It'll still work regardless of what you throw at it that Jow Forums wouldn't throw at themselves
>>still doesn't want a mac
It's comparing a mini with a determined lifetime to stronk soviet Lada Niva wins by default here
>I think you're obsessed and fanatical at this point, OP. The only real argument against macs are cost.

Attached: 1549514354912.jpg (2048x1224, 576K)

And don't even get me started on MactoddlerOS

Attached: 1553479777190.png (1920x1080, 821K)

>she

Also, forgot to add. The extra weight and magnesium rollcage enables you to use your thinkpad as a blunt weapon. Can you say the same about applels?

Attached: 1549514239674.jpg (755x961, 412K)

That's because the """""cheaper""""" MacBook models are objectively inferior spec-wise, and anything past that will literally throttle down to 0.8ghz the moment you try to do any real work.
discussions.apple.com/thread/5823810
forums.macrumors.com/threads/rmbp-throttling-to-0-8ghz-apple-says-“working-as-intended”.2003528/
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/mbp-15-throttle-down-to-0-8-ghz.643573/

Osx is actually not that bad I've got it on my x220

I understand when responding to max autism being clear is best but a fair comparison would have been a older macbook from around the same time as a older thinkpad. Saying a new laptop has better performance than a ten year old laptop is disingenuous.
Plus where is the backspace key?

>Plus where is the backspace key?
?
Where you'd expect it to be?

Nigga. Old Thinkpads have more raw power than latest ultra-low-powert CPU's in Appel laptops.

>don't even get me started on the best desktop os ever

>aluminum casing
>good
hahahahahha this is what iToddlers actually believe!!!