ITT: Technology that marks someone as a hipster/Redditor/bugman:

ITT: Technology that marks someone as a hipster/Redditor/bugman:

- IBM keyboards from the 90s
- Typerwriter keyboards
- CRT monitors
- STAX headphones
- Collectable Star Wars toys

Attached: belle delph.webm (720x1280, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/on-the-infestation-of-small-souled-bugmen-6561ae922e07
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

posting on Jow Forums

In reality, bugmen only purchase what their fellow redditors buy and exist only to upload and validate their purchase decisions as part of a group, the guy posting with an IBM model M would be cast aside because it's not customizable like a cherry mx clone board.

Attached: reddit bugmen watches.png (1670x1610, 458K)

Attached: 20190121_154923.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

Attached: apple-airpods-unlocked-wireless-headphones.jpg (458x458, 12K)

posting belle delphine

what the fuck is a bugman you meme spewing redditor

People who use mechanical keyboards are fucking annoying cunts.

What the fuck is a bugman?

>thing I’m too dumb and poor to appreciate is Reddit
Seems like you care way too much about stupid things, only to feel better about your lack of value in the world.

Thot posting paypig

reddit response

arch linux
It's seriously a broken distro that builds a fanbase around how to repair this broken shit
a sane distro doesn't need a fucking huge wiki like that, even Debian sid is not as broken and it's rolling release

A bugman is someone who doesn't have any actual hobbies or personality and his main outlet of self-realization is buying expensive shit he doesn't need.

>must always have the latest stupid gadgets, but really uses them for a week and forgets abouts them
>obsessed with Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel but his biggest favorite is Rick and Morty
>typically wears flannel shirts, thick framed glasses and has a beard
>blue checkmark Twitter user
>probably drinks Onions too

>people are literally paying girls like this to stick their tongues out on snapchat
I don't understand zoomer erotica. Why is this worth money? Is it supposed to be sexy? Because she is dressed as a video game character? Can someone explain this phenomena to me?

>obsessed with Star Wars
Wouldn't this be virtually all GenXers? People who grew up with Star Wars?

>>typically wears flannel shirts, thick framed glasses and has a beard
Isn't this hipster attire?

>>blue checkmark Twitter user
So literally anyone with a slight fame that's also on Twitter?

I don't understand

It's a Pol meme redditors spout now to feel smugly superior to other redditors

Attached: urbanBugman.png (531x604, 43K)

Those trips don't lie

written by terry davis too

>buying things make you an NPC
So Jow Forums is hating on the affluent now?

>by Terrance A Davis
lol

Attached: hippety-hoppety.jpg (1511x2015, 176K)

So just another dumb way of saying s*yboy? Fuck off with your stupid memes and go suck youtuber dick somewhere else you redditard

why the fuck is this girl so hot wtf i want to cum in her mouth yeat

Affluent people don't brag about their mechanical keyboard online. Bugmen do.

this entry reads like it was written by luke

They claim this, but all I hear are a bunch of angry nerds saying:
>stop liking things I liked first, you fucking poser
Why invent such cringe names?

>CRT monitors

Attached: 1555113705776.gif (240x138, 289K)

>luke
Who?

showing obvious pride in fresh prints of capeshit/videogame posters, neon lights, chinkshit toys and ikea furniture on /bst/ threads, while having no indication of family pictures, childhood drawings or any other personal thing that would indicate circle of supportive people, his past and hobbies outside of dwelling at computer

it's not about liking things it's about people who don't have any actual interests and just go around spending money on consumer shit. for a Jow Forums related example imagine somebody who dumps a ton of money into their battlestation and just uses it for some casual fortnite a few hours a week. not a problem to do that in and of itself but to claim they have any real interest in gaming or technology would be a stretch and if their personality revolves around all of their interests that follow similar patterns they're living a pretty shallow life and range from uninteresting to annoying to be around.

>t. Le Reddit enlightened progressive

>wow you only bought a gayman computer to play a few hours a week and didn‘t quit your job and decorate your room with pissbottles?!!
I don‘t understand this autism.

Attached: D9560D92-C91C-42E8-B670-4730B147120E.png (753x960, 29K)

What about someone who does nothing but shitpost on Jow Forums? Is that a real hobby or am I a bugman too?

It really doesn't look like aheago. It looks forced (because it is) and aheago was meant to look like loosing control to pleasure.

>dessert boots
Also the guy is a twat and a retard in general. No one buys a mechanical keyboard to have bought a mechanical keyboard but because it objectively superior tactile typing experience. You buy a mechanical keyboard to improve your computer usage in the same way someone upgrades from a shitty Harbor Freight impract wrench to a Milwaukee model to better wrench on stuff, and you wouldn't scoff at his hobby either. Equally people don't buy headphone to have bought headphones but to enrich their music listening experience, and listening to music is very much a hobby. That guy is just a complete cunt who tries to declare everything that's not his hobby a non-hobby. What a fuckwit.

>if their personality revolves around all of their interests that follow similar patterns they're living a pretty shallow life and range from uninteresting to annoying to be around
As opposed to other people whose personalities revolve around what exactly? I don't see the vast majority of people being any different from this, only with [insert more normie interest here].

I sort by top/all in life because I want to know what the fuck is the best bang for my (limited) buck, not because I want to be like everyone else, you fucking shitheads.

I already know I like mechanical keyboards, they feel better than membrane. I could care less if people like/know wtf I'm using, but I do want to know what is popular so that I'm not buying a huge piece of shit when I could buy what's actually good and vetted by people who care way too much about the topic.

my life doesn't revolve around researching the best of every single thing I use, so I piggyback off of those who do.

Not quite bugmen was a type of precutsotlr to npc. Basically a guy who is at the behest of the "hive". A normie. A soulless normie with no interesting traits.

I see the NPC meme has evolved in realtime to fit a new niche.

literally didn't read my post
>not a problem to do that in and of itself
no specific hobbies are "bugman" (i've never personally used that word just posted to comment on the general idea)
actual interests, purposes, and goals. a lot of normalfags aren't that interesting to talk to otherwise we wouldn't be shitposting on Jow Forums in 2019 but they're not actively trying to virtue signal superiority/cultural awareness based on how they waste their money.

hey CRT monitors are great. so fuck off

Replace Star Wars toys with Anime figurines and you have the essential items of a Jow Forums poster.

>not a problem to do that in and of itself
>no specific hobbies are "bugman"
So as already noted it‘s one of those pointlessly vague post-GG 4chaneddit buzzwords that is applicable to anyone at will.
>a lot of normalfags aren't that interesting to talk to otherwise we wouldn't be shitposting on Jow Forums in 2019
>trying to virtue signal superiority/cultural awareness based on how they waste their money
How fucking new are you with that level of romanticization of special sekret club for special people? And to talk about consumerist virtue-signalling on fucking Jow Forums of all places, where 90% of threads are flamewars about which brand of cpu/gpu/os/phone/language/keyboard/text editor is more epic patrician and tru 1337 h4xx0r.

I use an old IBM, but that's just because it's what I grew up with it. Nothing else feels right to me. Am also autist.

Attached: soypad.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

>hackernoon.com/on-the-infestation-of-small-souled-bugmen-6561ae922e07

>it's about people who don't have any actual interest
>t. for a Jow Forums related example imagine somebody who dumps a ton of money into their battlestation and just uses it for some casual fortnite a few hours a week.
I do this with music, because music equipment is expensive as fuck. But I'm a shitty musician, therefore I only play a few hours a week and not fulltime.

I literally don't understand your issue? It honestly comes off as jealousy to me, people who aren't obsessing as much over a thing (thus are "posers") but still spending more money (because they can afford it).

I mean, literally, what's wrong with enjoying X only a few hours per week? Wouldn't that imply that I spend most of my time doing a broad spectre of things, rather than just having extremely narrow interests like an autist?

What's the buzzword for the guy who has no genuine personality or interests and only defines himself by inventing buzzwords to apply to strangers on the internet?

A judgemental cunt

I don't get how you can both understand and miss the point in the same post, you clearly understand what type of people this is talking about based on the end of your post. Also how is that romanticization, the implication is Jow Forums has been downhill since forever and that the only reason we're still posting here is because we don't find normalfags interesting to talk to. Your last point that it's somehow unexpected that OP made a thread talking about consumerist virtue signalling on a board filled with threads for consumerist virtue signalling doesn't make sense either.
Nothing is wrong with that, I literally said that in the same post immediately following the sentence you quoted.

>t. Reddit enthusiast

>I literally said that in the same post immediately following the sentence you quoted.
You also implied that it was wrong
>claim to have any real interest in X
You can have a real interest even though your knowledge and skill level is 'beginner'.

Based & redpilled non-normie non-npc freethinker.

Attached: AD0ACABD-8EDE-4C52-AB32-D9364EF348AE.jpg (367x500, 19K)

Why "bugman" anyway? Is this Jow Forums pretending to be educated and some pretend reference to Kafka? I think they missed the point of the novel....

I would love to rape her violently

Jow Forums user?

The exact language I used was "nothing is wrong with that" so I am confused how that is implying that it was wrong. Also nothing I said contradicts that you can have a real interest and be a beginner. My example was somebody playing casually a few hours a week, nothing about level of ability. If they were trying to practice or learn more about fortnite or explore other games then I would consider it a real interest regardless of how much time they spent. Also despite what it sounds like I am not trying to be standoffish, my intention is to talk about this idea and sort of adjust my perspective on it but it seems like I'm not articulating it well so I'm trying to see where I'm going wrong.

>you clearly understand what type of people this is talking about based on the end of your post
I don’t. I’d never presume to call any Intlel/Aplel autismos here „bugmen“. Sure, their virtual tribal wars are retarded, but the term itself is even more so and carries little to no sense to me.
>how is that romanticization, the implication is Jow Forums has been downhill since forever and that the only reason we're still posting here is because we don't find normalfags interesting to talk to
Nigger, Jow Forums has always been the fucking sewer of the internet where socially inept people gathered to vent through laughing at the world and producing edgy OC. I don‘t know how you came to the conclusion that this is some gathering of intellectuals tired of le normans. Even the way you use „normie“ is fucking retarded - it was always a fucking self-aware ironically self-deprecating term from the days of r9k gentlemen. Now you‘re using it to imply being a very special boy, like some moody hormonal teen that is totally unique and secretly a genius and a spy.

I'm probably reading more in to your post than you're actually saying, so I apologise for that.

Dude, have you ever used one of those ibm keyboards from the 1990s? Best fucking keyboard ever.

>thinking that was really him

@70553321
I also don't use the term "bugmen" and was never defending its use at all but discussing the ideas associated with it. I also never implied Jow Forums is some secret special enlightened club shit so I don't know why you keep bringing up this strawman of a side point to my original argument. But it does unarguably attract a unique crowd of people due to the nature of the site because otherwise why the fuck would you come to and stay in the sewer that gets filled with even more excrement year after year. You can't just use social ineptness as an excuse because there are hundreds of other websites they could choose instead. I'm not even going to bother replying to you anymore because you're just making up random shit I didn't say for no reason that's not even related to the main discussion for (you)s.

>@
What the fuck is this shit? Just sage while replying you fucking newfag?

>(you)s
What meme is this? This isn't likes you shit, it's a reply mechanism.

why does reddit live rent free in the heads of the majority of people who browse this website?

It's identity politics taken to the extreme.

Does craft beer include brewing your own? I know some talented guys who make tasty ales.

NO! It's the designated Bad Thing that I was told we all hate.

Because Redditors such as yourself keep coming here.

she's hot tho

:(

Attached: 1523771103502.jpg (800x800, 40K)

why the fuck are you still self-censoring yourself? For fucks sake, there isn't a filter on Jow Forums. Fucking idiot.

>- Collectable Star Wars toys
That makes you a serious retard desu.
(plus, it's a totally shit-tiers story.)

Attached: 91yVfnJSGvL.jpg (1300x1958, 599K)

rent free

>it does unarguably attract a unique crowd of people due to the nature of the site
Yes, and I’ve described precisely the defining feature of these people.
>why the fuck would you come to and stay in the sewer that gets filled with even more excrement year after year
The same reason people get blackout drunk or stoned or binge watch/read shit or any of the other activities that aren‘t beneficial for them in the grand scheme. It’s a way to escape reality for a while and indulge yourself in some mindless fun.
>You can't just use social ineptness as an excuse because there are hundreds of other websites they could choose instead
It‘s not an excuse, brainlet. The site started as anime club back when anime was „underground“ and over years attracted any number of other basement dwellers only succumbing to „mainstream“ in early 10s.
>muh (you)votes muh @s
Thanks for playing, lebbitard.

>tfw no soul

whatever roodypoo

girlfriends are the best. Tons of sex tailored to what you like, affection when you want, showering naked, baths, hiking, swimming. ever fell asleep camping in a two person sleeping bag before? it's comfy as fuck.

You have to go back faggot.

Attached: Redditor Trans.jpg (1512x1711, 419K)

>censoring basedboy

Sure is onions ITT

Attached: Will SOyboy Numale Leftist.jpg (673x1024, 78K)

i dont really care about sex that much tho.. its probably something that normal people do but its just not my thing

>didn‘t want that anyways
That‘s because you can‘t have it.

Attached: 869F926D-CE56-449E-9AF0-54258C35C071.jpg (220x230, 8K)

Kill yourself retarded low IQ Jow Forums gorilla nigger newfag.

its just too much work for someone thats as lazy as me. i like comfy things that arent hard to do.

Attached: 1529553142261.png (800x1000, 128K)

ThinkPads and "enlightened" hipster GNU/Linux distributions like Arch and Void are pretty high on my list of retard flags as well. You can also just extend the part about STAX to pretty much any high-end over ear headphones especially if they wear them in public.
This is maybe the case on Reddit, but people here routinely virtue signal owning IBM products and just as often jerk each other off over it, they're basically the contrarian/dunning-krugerite counterparts to Apple shit and similarly overrated.

>NEET
>living in shit
You obviously are a stupid wagecuck

i didnt make that one. it would be way too much work for me.

>bugmen
GAMERS RISE UP
NORMIES BOW DOWN

Attached: Genestealer_Cultists_rise.png (1605x1080, 2.04M)

Arch and Gentoo exist for one purpose only: to teach teenagers and 20somethings how Linux works at fundamental level.

If you're still using it a year after you have it set up you're just signalling. Which is why all these Jow Forums niggers love posting their Arch desktops.

Exception to the rule: you're building a system to get maximum performance out of cheap hardware for scientific or statistical computing and you already know how to configure these distros.

He's talking about the culture behind those purchases. The type of person who owns over one mechanical keyboard and shitposts in /mkg/.

:3

there is a better image of what this person is saying, and I bet he copied it from that.

Air pods are pretty great. They are amazing for talking on the phone.

OP I don't live in Chicago anymore, but cassette tapes players is the biggest one I can think of.

- Any Linux Distro
- Satania
- ThinkPad

Go away tranny

the fuck is that?

show piercings ya bitch

whats an ``buugman"?

Attached: 54dfdb11d74fc9c118f37c75b98ceaa5.jpg (800x900, 414K)

nvm found it

It refers to people who appear to be acting not of their own free will, because they don't have any, but only bending to the will of some hivemind, that is, they only do what everyone else does. In other words, NPCs, or sheeple.

its a Reddit light

no
yes
about 50/50
no
yes