What does Jow Forums use for back ups and syncing devices?

What does Jow Forums use for back ups and syncing devices?

Currently i use pic related. Im thinking of switching to syncthing though and duplicati to back up the desktop to my unlimited g drive. Would that be better?

Attached: mega-storage-logo.png (2000x1414, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bailey27/cppcryptfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>back ups
rsync + external hard disk and a usb drive I always carry with me, both with full disk encryption of course

>syncing
rsync+ssh

rsync + local drive
Fuck the """""cloud"""""

syncthing for sync, veracrypt file on Google drive for backup

Sounds like too much work and I dont have the hardware.

How can i setup veracrypt to do backups? Can it do incremental backups?

> trusting a host you have no control whatsoever on
> ever
pic related is op

Attached: op.jpg (210x230, 9K)

>How can i setup veracrypt to do backups? Can it do incremental backups?
idk, i just have a container and use rsync to update contents. it hosts a casual filesystem so no full reupload will happen with good clients, only updated blocks

pendrives, usb hard drives, home server, a server in AWS, s3, and mega for shit I want to have available on my phone

Attached: 1348910780013.jpg (420x600, 164K)

I personally would recommend syncing a VeraCrypt volume with Syncthing and using Tarsnap for backing it up online.

I sync redundantly use a few different cloud services. I don't trust all of them to be smart, so I use an encrypted overlay filesystem rather than veracrypt. In particular, this one:
github.com/bailey27/cppcryptfs

Ill stick with duplicati cause im a brainlet.

Hence why im looking for a new solution. MegaSync and MegaCMD are kino though.

cppcryptfs looks pretty based desu

MEGA is based.

ive placed cloned hdd's at friends houses. encrypted ofc.

I use a couple of edu GDrive accounts, MEGA and the HDD on my computer. I'm planning to get more HDDs to back up everything I have on GDrive and MEGA

how do i get me one of those edu accounts?

eBay, not even kidding

Easiest way if you uni gives you one. Other way is buying it from Rakesh on eBay

Not really. It's too restrictive with their download caps.

>and duplicati to back up the desktop to my unlimited g drive
I assume you're talking about an educational account or other managed account, in which case I recommend not doing that. Everything on those accounts is stored in perpetuity via Google Vault and your administrators can see what is in your drive for any reason at any time.

Never ran into an issue with it. Just use it to sync local files.

Yes its educational. Duplicati encrypts the backup. If im at risk of losing my backups its more the reason to stick with MEGA

You know, I shouldn't be surprised that people are selling their edu accounts on eBay, but I'm disappointed that now that I'm aware of it I'm going to have to start doing some GeoIP analysis to see if some dipshit sold their account.

Resillio Sync ('rslsync')
Switched from rsync to it so I don't need to fuck around with opening ports on my network in order to sync my computers when I am on the road.