Is he right? Does Apple care more about privacy than other companies?

youtu.be/kYnyLwI3-nI

Is he right? Does Apple care more about privacy than other companies?

Attached: BN-SN638_2WK7Z_OR_20170318010431.jpg (4095x2691, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._United_States_(2016)
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>official Apple employees on official Support forums telling factually provable lies to customers that ask if their data can be retrieved if their phone cannot turn on

What motivation could a gay guy who grew up in Alabama during the 70s and 80s have for caring about privacy?

If the "other companies" he's comparing himself to are Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, maybe. Not exactly a high bar.

It's probably the best marketing decision Apple made post-Jobs. Their "innovation" is flagging (besides arguably the one-off Apple Watch), so they're trying to orient and leverage their ecosystem as being more "privacy-concerned" than Google's, because everyone knows Google is leakier than a punctured sieve when it comes to data and your privacy.

Applel has never given a single shit about privacy, and they use it solely as a marketing pitch.

Attached: 1542649882626.png (1211x997, 283K)

>beautiful industrial design
wait, wut

Attached: lolwut.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

We have this stupid iToddler thread EVERY FUCKING DAY. Can't you lowly shills spice things up a little? I dunno, shill how good the apple watch feels as a cock ring or something.

Attached: Inside-Volume-2-Gallery-Image-11.jpg (729x792, 101K)

They don't care about privacy, but I do think it's worth pointing out that apple primarily makes money from hardware sales, whereas google primarily makes money off of ads which require information to be sold.

>Google is leakier than a punctured sieve when it comes to data and your privacy.

They're not necessarily leaky. It's more that their business model completely relies on targeted advertisement. Their machine learning models become more accurate when they have more features (data), so they do creepier stuff, and hide way more creepy stuff in their terms/eulas.

They are compelled by their business model to collect more and more. Apple is not -- they sell hardware at obscene margins.

I also believe that Google creates borderline useless products that NOBODY uses in order to skirt GDPR. Generally you're not supposed to collect data not critical to the product, and you have to obtain tracking consent and allow opt out.

Best example of this is Google Timeline. Nobody uses this product. Not a single normie even knows it exists or that they've opted into it.. However, Google can claim that "Timeline will be broken!" if they don't keep track of everywhere you've ever been in a NON ANONYMIZED way. They could improve their maps just the same with anonymized analytics data, but they won't be able to serve meaningful ads without the data being tied to a individual accounts. Creepy and immoral.

So knowing that why shouldn't I use apple phones?

Because Apple sells your data while laughing at what a gullible retard you are behind your back.

Attached: 1536594558580.jpg (1200x800, 201K)

The only difference between Apple and other tech companies is that Apple lies about not selling your data.

/thread

Attached: 1544822300958.png (1198x781, 1.76M)

Because they are compromised as well (by the government). But hey, at least they don't collect extremely personal data and keep it tied to your account like Google.

You should use a Google-less Android phone. Just know that telecoms will give all of your sms and calls to the NSA, regardless of platform.

This isn't data "sale". These companies are compelled, under gag order, to share with big brother. All major and minor tech companies are doing this. It's sad that they haven't formed a legal alliance and really pushed a massive lawsuit. Microsoft tried and failed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._United_States_(2016)

>Just know that telecoms will give all of your sms and calls
If you don't use Signal that's your own retardation

>Apple lies about not selling your data.

It's a publicly traded company. Their financials are out in the open. They don't have massive ad revenue streams that shareholders don't know about. They make their money in hardware and subscription software/digital content.

What you're implying is that Apple has secret, undisclosed revenue streams from ads. This isn't the case. It would open them up to securities fraud lawsuits.

They don't sell your data. They GIVE it away. To the government.

I use it. My friends and family don't.

Have you had success getting people in your circle of friends to use it? I haven't. Those normie faggots use WhatsApp.

No.
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775

They collect BSSIDs and GPS data for their network location service.
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/

They neglected fixing a security vulnerability for three years so law enforcement could use it as a backdoor. Who says they don't the same with iOS?
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html

They also have a backdoor to remotely wipe phones.
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html

Apple proposed integrating the fingerprint scanner into the screen so you can't use the phone without giving away your fingerprint.
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen

Apple collects all your call history.
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/

We had the fappening happen because it uploads all your images to iCloud. It even sends the files to the cloud without asking for permission.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud

Most iCloud data and some data from passcode-locked devices can be provided.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/

WhatsApp is better than nothing, but the fact that it's tied to Zucc and no one outside of WhatsApp really knows how it works is concerning. Signal is a continuation of WhatsApp after Zucc bought it and decided he didn't give a shit about the privacy aspect of it. Signal's still innovating with ever more secure aspects of communication so it def gets my vote.

/thread

>Does Apple care more about privacy than other companies?
Yeah but for profitability reasons, not ethics.
Data mining is a low margin service business, and Apple is in the high margin hardware business.

The PR from "caring about privacy" will get them more profits through hardware sales, than if they sold the data to bottom feeder advertisers.

>Data mining is a low margin service business

Not if you have the most popular search engine :^)

I see not a single link about selling data. Their financial reports are publicly available. Can you link to such an entry?

Government records are publicly available too. Do you think you can go file a FOIA request for what equipment they bought for Area 51 last year?

>WhatsApp is better than nothing

It's honestly worse than nothing for non sensitive messaging, imo

>gives data and (indirectly) ad revenue to Facebook, which actively pushes censorship and SJW crap to ruin America
>gives the government my data, because Facebook is compromised

Regular SMS just goes to the feds.

Like I said, I'm not well versed in WhatsApp. Most of what I know about it is Zucc owns it which means I'm not touching it.

>Jewgle and Microsoft literally scan your emails, track your every move, log your fucking bowel movements and actively sell it to private 3rd parties every day
>OH NO NO NO NO but Aplel has a passive government mandated backdoor just like every other big tech firm - they are exactly the same
Poorfaggots absolutely SEETHING.

>Government records are publicly available too.
Not at all.
Government records are oozing with classified data that gets declassified after decades, many times only after a request based on freedom of information act.
They're not comparable in the slightest.

So are you saying you have no such records about apple but they exist cause Area 51 and shit?
You don't want me to remind you that's straight up conspiracy theory my lad, do you?

this