It's true, I have a technical problem, but I don't want you to solve it for me though...

It's true, I have a technical problem, but I don't want you to solve it for me though. I just want to understand how this could possibly work.

My PC case gives me shocks when I touch it. From most the sources I checked up on it comes down to a lack of grounding. Given the current place I live in this is likely the case, the power socket only accepts two prongs after all.
What I don't understand is how this excess energy ends up in the case rather than just burning through the PSU or other hardware.

Thanks.
Picture unrelated.

Attached: marx.png (780x852, 473K)

Put your dick on it lol

Needless to say, I have a fairly poor understanding of electrical circuits or computers as I let some other guy assemble it.

Do you think it would give awesome cummies

Static electricity build-up. Is your room carpeted?

>the power socket only accepts two prongs after all
Then how the fuck are you even plugging in the PC?

stirner was right

Failure waiting to happen. No ground == zapped chips sooner or later...

One shock = static electricity as suggests.
If you can touch it, get shocked, then touch it again and still get shocked that may indicate an electrical problem. Did you forget your motherboard stand offs or something?

The entire syst6em (case, moboard, peripherals) have a common ground point, usually to the grid via the PSU. If it doesn't find ground through that path, or through another device, it will discharge through you.

two prongs means that one prong is at 230V and the other at zero.

Because of parasitic capacitances and leak resistance, your case will be in the middle at about 115V. However, there is no real contact, only a little bit parasitic capacitance. That means that it will not carry enough current to really shock you. It does carry enough current to zap cheap Chinese usb peripherals if you're unlucky.

No, case ground should only be used as a safety ground. It shouldn't pass any current during regular operation, as doing so would trip a gfci. I've used a computer with a fake ground (according to an outlet tester) and experienced no shocks.
It's possible OP's hot and neutral are flipped or something though.

No

The wall socket is connected to an adapter that converts it to a three prongs socket, which in turn is connected to a stabilizer, which is connected to the PSU and the monitor.

As mentioned above, I had someone else do the assembly, don't have the tools at home. I'm gonna check this today.

Still, as it is a steady flow wouldn't it degrade it anyway?

The case is standing on rubber feet on a wooden table, again, I don't know much about these things, but grounding should go into the ground, right?

Wear shoes with rubber sole, and try again.

>My PC case gives me shocks when I touch it.
Learn to live with it. Consider that maybe you deserve it.

get one of those anti-static cables and plug it from your pc to a radiator or something.

My main worry is that it will destroy my PC in long term. The shocks are of minor consequence as I rarely have to touch it.

In the afternoon I'm gonna try it out at another place to see if the wall socket is the issue.

You have an earth fault on that ring, call an electrician.

It's likely that your PC is actually a washing machine.

Of course he has an earth fault, his case does not have an earth line because two prong socket. Are you fucking retarded?

This. Or, just normal wire. Either way, you need to earth that chassis.

Tie a copper wire to the ground?

Attached: osha said it needed to be(...).jpg osha said it needed to be grounded.jpg (960x720, 108K)

>From most the sources I checked up on it comes down to a lack of grounding. Given the current place I live in this is likely the case, the power socket only accepts two prongs after all.
OOOH SAAAAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEE

Attached: 1533496212416.png (645x729, 58K)

>The wall socket is connected to an adapter that converts it to a three prongs socket
You see that metal tab sticking out the bottom of the adapter? You're supposed to connect that to a proper ground. Right now your PC is not grounded which is probably why it's shocking you so much.

You are retarded, it's not grounding. You have a wire somewhere connected to your computer case, which causes it to be energized.