Why did I let you people talk me into buying SSD memedrives?

Are you happy? You've opened the chinkshit floodgates now that any bottom rung pendrive manufacturer can make your precious 500 P/E memedrives.

You chastised me for buying Kingston, so I took your advice and expanded my search only to discover even worse-ware such as:
FattyDove
OUYAWEI eekoo
Vaseky
GoldenFir
Rainbow
Mengmi
ADROITLARK
>ADROITLARK?!?

What is this crap? HDDs are the only way.

Attached: index.jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

>he doesn't use FattyDove

>HDDs are the only way
I'm pretty happy with my SSD
- boots in less than a minute
- loads gaymes and other software much faster
- loads thumbnails of my big image folder much faster
- most likely will be OK for next 10-20 years
- fragmentation is not really an issue
- I can drop it on the ground and it still works

Fattydove is the official SSD for Weed lover Arch users.

>only buys shit ssds
>"WOW SSDS SUCK ASS"
Stop being a faggot and buy a Samsung ssd and be done with it.

NVMe SSD for OS and HDD RAID for storage is the only resonable option, unless you have no better way to waste money.

>buy a Samsung ssd
>he fell into the brand meme
it's just rebranded same thing. chinks just put same electronics into different boxes.

oi don't talk shit about my man fat d

Attached: 136001236336.jpg (480x282, 42K)

Rainbow SSD and programming socks or GTFO

>Samsung
lol Samsung

If only they could do that.

why not? chinks produce all necessary parts for it.
half of the day the factory make samsung and kingston sdd, and another half of the day the make grey products on the same assembly line.

You’re retarded, unless you were talking about shit you’d buy from aliexpress.

More stupid SSD brand names:

▶ Dogfish
▶ TCsunBow
▶ KingDian
▶ TC SUNBOW
▶ Shuxi2014
▶ Imix-Mart
▶ Upc666
▶ Pidien
▶ Atmall
▶ Beyondhuangmj
▶ Bavarianwholesale
▶ Wangtaoxi1983
▶ Annyc_38
▶ American-gothic
▶ Camgamesales
▶ Qiutianguo
▶ NotebookEdge
▶ Ronaau-Star
▶ Happy-Planet
▶ Sustuu
▶ Daily_Accessories
▶ DdoctorUSB
▶ Sellingqality100
▶ Belindafu808
▶ Zheino

Attached: 51YH-vNjyTL.jpg (500x500, 36K)

not even close
chink drives are prone to failure, while name brands typically want as few warranty disputes as possible. there are also controllers and chips they use which very wildly in quality.

used an intel ssd, 120gb back when it was over 1$ a gb and reliability wise, intel was king. got a deal for .60$ a gb and never felt better,

moved to samsung nvme,
brother uses a samsung sata and recently moved to an nvme from them, both drives perfect

due to a size form factor being fucked, he had to buy a chink m.2 as its all he could find. boots it up once, it works, boots it up again, never works again, and shock of shocks, the chink refused warranty anything.

tldr, name brand that honor warranties are 100% required, anything less, you are fucking yourself. on that note, chink and low end name brand are fairly close in price, never settle.

the drop part is a must for external drives, because you WILL drop it, no matter how careful you are.

It's just you. I'm using chink ssds in everything (biostar, OVU) etc and I've literally never had a failure and have enjoyed sub 5 second boot times. You're just a retard that creates the same thread over and over to slide this board.

>low end name brand
like Hynix, Elpedia, Micron, Mitsubishi, STMicroelectronics, ZMD.

>chink ssd thats just housing a sd card adapter that rewrites over the same 4gb card over and over

I never dropped one in 20 years, not everyone is a tard like you

The ENTIRE point of SSDs is faster 4KB random read which even a modern day chink flash drive excels at. However more than half of the chink "SSDs" out there are really just okay-ish USB flash drives/SD cards attached to a sata adapter with a fake sata power cable. They'll still be faster than spinning rust since they tend to have 100+ random read 4KB IOPS (spinning rust typically has ~50-80) BUT they wear out pretty fast, maybe less than 500 P/E cycles and have shotty wear leveling algorithms.

tl;dr buy namebrand SSDs with at least 90% 4-5 star amazon verified reviews. Though that being said there are fake paid reviews even on amazon though usually not ones by people who actually bought the product.

Attached: fake-ssd-inside.jpg (320x208, 31K)

BUY SAMSUNG OR WESTERN DIGITAL SSDs
YOU DUMB NIGGER

are the western blue good ssd?

yea, an external hdd has never taken a fall, never been in a backpack that was handled roughly, maybe its not even that its you put it on the table a bit to rough, wait what's this asshole doing and the cable snags on something of theirs taking the drive with it.

its not all about you doing something/handling it badly, its about hdds being fragile even under ideal circumstances.

hynix and micron if i'm not mistaken are chip manufacturers, they may not have the same home recognition as samsung, but those aren't the low end options.

>more than half of the chink "SSDs" out there are really just okay-ish USB flash drives/SD cards attached to a sata adapter with a fake sata power cable
>they wear out pretty fast, maybe less than 500 P/E cycles and have shotty wear leveling algorithms
baseless allegations

not even name brand, name brands who stand by warranties and aren't cunts about claims.

If a namebrand sticks by their warranty, they will make damn sure nearly if not all their shit should last passed it. its brands that don't stick by their warranty or want to fuck around with it saying 'you didn't do X thing that is in a 25 page eula, sorry but you get no warranty' that will give you a massive headache.

as the owner of a chink ssd that powered on once and never again... chink ssds are typically garbage, even the good ones, while better then hdds only offer low end name brand performance at best, and at that point, you are playing with companies who wont honor warranties, an extra 20$ should never break you, so don't rely on chink drives.

Complain all you want about the Chinese names (some of these aren't even bad - so what if it's just romanized Chinese?), but many of these aren't bad at this point, and they provided more competition on the lower end and midrange of normal SSD.

>t. gook
I've literally opened chink SSDs to find exactly that, an SD card hooked up to a sata adapter. I mean $15 for 64GB SSDs wasn't very promising to begin with but god damn was I curious.

Pic somewhat related, these malnourished chinks are smarter than we give them credit for desu. The adapter probably has a few hundreds mega of cheap MLC cache to mask the actual abhorrently slow SD performance for a few seconds too.

Attached: 2-logo.jpg (550x469, 58K)

There are hundreds of YouTube videos with disassembled chinks SSD. They all legit

lmao, probably made by the chinks themselves or paid milenials to shill their "model" SSDs. Or maybe the chink elite figured out a way to print fake PCBs to hide the adapters in plain sight.

Either way I'd rather pay the samgook tax for my precious data.

I have a Dogfish 60 GB that I got for dirt cheap. Based Dogfish.

keep projecting you sub 80 IQ nigger. I drop something on accident once per fucking year and it never was or will be any pc parts.

>I'd rather pay the samgook tax
lol I'd rather pay the samgook tax

>you handle components regularly
>no mistakes in 20 years
>implying
did they give you a gold geek squad button for your servicing?

>geek squad
lol geek squad

These just look like seller names on whatever chinkshit shopping site.
Protip#1: slapping your name sticker on a shit OEM drive does not make you a drive manufacturer nor your name a brand.
Protip#2: buying critical hardware from no-name chinkshit sellers does not make you a smart user.

Attached: 20-chinese-ripoffs-featured-photo.jpg (1200x630, 93K)

You could have bought a quality drive, but you had to buy a Kingston and then downgrade to a fucking FattyDove. Buy a good one next time.