Powerline Adapter on different phase

English is not my first language and I am not a clever man when it comes to electricity.

I want to buy a Powerline Adapter.
The house has three-phase electric power.
The wall socket next to the modem (entry point) is on a different phase than the wall socket in my room (exit point). Also on a different circuit breaker.

I've heard that some Powerline Adapters will work because they transmit over the grounding as well as the phase, but others say it will be slow or not work at all.

Help me Jow Forums. What should I buy?

Attached: tp-link-av500-powerline-adapter-5b16c16dfa6bcc00369004ed[1].jpg (768x505, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=linksys repeater setup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have no idea what you just said, but I have used two different ones for the past year.
The first one were the ones in your picture. Slow as fuck, about 7 Mbps out of 80Mbps but never dropped a connection.
"Upgraded" to devolo dLAN 500. Solid connection and 60 Mbps for the first 30 days. Since then they're unusable every third day. Unplugging them used to resolved the issue but not even that helps. Very common issue apparently. They were expensive too, so not even money can save you.

>residential three-phase power

wut?

When we moved, my powerline no longer displayed a green LED which indicates I'm not getting the fastest speeds on my powerline compared to the main router. Whenever I plug in another power hungry device in my room's sockets, the powerline just flat out fails, internet goes away. Removing the power hungry device restores it. Fuck whoever made the electrical lines in this new house

Standard in Europe, dunno why.
It doesn't cause problems besides powerline, and when you lose power, it's often a part of a house only

be nice to him, OP lives inside of a MOTIVE AC THREE-PHASE IEC SIZE 160-355 motor

Attached: Capture.png (545x462, 198K)

Sounds like a horror story, maybe I should abandon this idea
My room already has a phone line, maybe I could pay an electrician to replace it with an ethernet line that starts close to the modem's phone line in the living room and ends at my room

or buy some ethernet cable and a pair of crimpers

Sure but I don't know how to get it through the walls

They'd need to dig near the modem's phone socket in the living room, find the phone cable going to my room, replace it with ethernet, then place an ethernet wall socket in the living room so I can plug it in.

just place it along the wall and thru door/thru a hole in wall. clamp it down using a couple of these pic related

Attached: IMG_20190415_213248.jpg (3120x4160, 2.25M)

staple the cable to the top of the baseboard. tell your mom to stop being such a cock sucking whore

>I don't know how to get it through the walls

Attached: bosch-drill-machine-500x500.jpg (500x350, 18K)

most homes outside the US arent made of fucking drywall

Attached: LargeDrill.jpg (1916x1064, 150K)

fuck, america is such a fucking shithole country

Attached: 1522957743112.jpg (1130x871, 239K)

i just let that shit rub outside in the dirt. the cable is waterproof. it worked just fine for years

Attached: sM6JfQD.jpg (1080x1352, 883K)

unironically this, fuck powerline ethernet. overpriced, slow fuck that's still subject to interference

fortunately where I live the windows here can still close and lock with a flat ethernet cable (hey it works), so I got internal gigabit networking and as low ping as possible.
mine's a foot off the ground running along a wall but similar to the one external run I have doesn't care about south Florida weather

Long Ethernet cable or use two routers with one configured to run as a repeater.
youtube.com/results?search_query=linksys repeater setup
The two routers will connect via wifi but your main machine will still use Ethernet.

Attached: Repurpose Your Old WiFi Router As A Super Router or Repeater With ....jpg (798x599, 104K)

Not OP but doesn't wireless relay cut bandwidth in half? Or is that only for certain configurations.

Not sure, I never heard of that but if its an old router the speeds will be lower specially with a WRTGL54 which will be capped to 20mbps. Still might be a better option than that Powerline adapter. I would rather drill a hole though a wall

You're correct in your assumption, powerline adapters do tend to work more properly when on the same circuit, I'd check the distance from your panel from the two end points and if it's less than 150/200 feet you'd probably be fine.

>The house has three-phase electric power.
Fuck I'm jealous. You can't even pay to get three-phased installed in a residential area in most parts of the US. So many nice old mills and lathes on Craigslist etc. that I'd buy in a heartbeat if I could power them without some bullshit phase converter.

Not sure, but I had devolo adapters and they worked perfectly.