What are smartwatches good for? do you realy need that shit?

what are smartwatches good for? do you realy need that shit?

Attached: 1553037314532.png (1062x1438, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17024677
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well no, you don't NEED one. Many people buy things they don't truly need simply because they want it. It's the perks of having disposable income.

milady

Attached: hitler.width-800.jpg (800x450, 72K)

wtf are those hands

Newer models with certain phone plans are good for basically having your phone on your wrist. Good for going running or anytime you don't want a bulky phone on you

to show off how rich you are

smartwatches are for wageslaves

Attached: m116613lb-0005.png (720x1100, 555K)

American hands, yes.

I have a Fitbit Charge 3. It doesn't have all the unnecessary functionality and focuses on health measurements.

My amount of calories burned fluctuates a lot day to day, so it's nice to get a rough estimate for cutting or bulking.

I have a pebble time because I really like the seiko wired watchface but I'll be damned to pay the hyper-inflated price for one so I just use mine with all the connectivity off with the one watchface set all the time.

if rolex released a smartwatch would you buy it?

you would.

Is that bowser

Rolex is known for their mechanical watches which never die. Why would you defeat the purpose by adding battery shit?

iToddlers need it for when they forget to breathe.

Attached: 1550284767498.png (810x1016, 231K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1528841116515.gif (540x540, 279K)

>rolex
It‘s the epitomy of wageslave „luxury“ for middle-aged deanos and striving finance bugmen.

Attached: 42C60988-FFEF-4FA4-8EC7-F93F649A8445.jpg (399x322, 25K)

rolex is the brand you buy when you know nothing about watches and want others to think you're rich.
They're not rare, they make like 2M of them per year. They have phenomenal marketing and brand recognition though.

I use mine for triathlon. Great for outdoors and I don't need a phone to listen to music while I run or cycle.
It's also good to check notifications while on a meeting and shit.
I don't use the apple watch because I'm not a faggot but I recon it's pretty good if you're into iPhones.

Apple watch is unironically very good at heart rate monitoring. It will categorize and track heart rate sitting, walking, sleeping, exercising, etc, etc.

The ecg features will do more harm than good because statistically more people will get fucked over by going down the rabbit hole that is ablation therapies to treat atrial fibrillation. Apple most likely will get fucked by this eventually and will pull it from the consumer device.

The apple watch shits all over fitbit in terms of fitness and app functionality.

I semi-impulse bought my Galaxy Watch because I thought its fitness features would help motivate me to get off my ass and exercise. It's been working decently so far, and I've really come to like it for its other convenience features, especially instant access to weather forecasts and call/message notifications. I've been wearing automatic watches for years (nothing too exciting though) but this smartwatch is so damn convenient it's hard to justify anything else.

Attached: DSC00909.jpg (1000x667, 140K)

my smartwatch has helped me locate my phone a few times. I usually keep it on silent mode due to work but once or twice I lost my phone and only found it thanks to the page function on the watch. Once it was behind my dresser. I never would have found it without the watches help.

i would like to have a watch but one of those simple ones like this but old ones.

Attached: urban-outfitters-designer-Black-Uo-Simple-Leather-Band-Watch.jpg (1200x630, 72K)

I genuinely dislike smart watches. Everyone that I've seen with one is autistic.
They make no sense.
>b-but my heart rate monitor
get a sports watch for $20
>b-but my GPS
use your brain or just use your phone. Using your brain will make you smarter and then you're a walking GPS.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17024677
>I like reading messages on my smart watch
Again, phone? Everyone that has these things might get 2 messages a day and will likely just check it on their phone anyway.

Every single person with this thing is a faggot or an autist.
Enjoy the NSA spying on you and using your body as a botnet.

>Enjoy the NSA spying on you and using your body as a botnet.
If I've got my smartwatch on, my phone is either in my pocket or somewhere else very close to me, so what difference does it make?

Yea but you can't turn the monitors off.
At least with a phone you don't have to have it contacting your body.
You can tell a lot about someone by monitoring the heart rate all day.

No, not really.
I have pretty poor eyesight so I can't see myself doing anything besides telling the time on such a tiny screen.

the only good smartwatches are the ones that replace the smartphone.

based

holy fucking shit

Attached: shrek.jpg (1062x1438, 64K)

They're cheaper than literally any decent watch. Only casiofags might consider them expensive.

how do i into /watches/

Stop this fatshaming right fucking now, you virgin.

Oy what's that there lad? All I said was she had the hands of an ogre, you're the lad calling her fat. Do ye dare challenge an ogre? I have over 300 confirmed lynches and I'll gladly add an extra to that, lad.

Attached: shrext.jpg (1253x698, 93K)

Stop this virginshaming right fucking now, you piss drinking faggot.

I bought a fitbit on sale and it's actually worse than I was expecting.
>miscounts steps when I'm sitting but moving my hands
>grossly over/underestimates calories (I've had 4000 calorie days before, apparently)
>app fucks up all the time
>built in workouts are beyond a joke
>app is full of condescending botnet shit
2/10 should've bought booze and donuts instead.

>My amount of calories burned fluctuates a lot day to day, so it's nice to get a rough estimate for cutting or bulking.
Man you are fucking retarded if you think fitbit crap can measure your calories burned accurately.

My wife uses one to monitor her sleep, and to monitor the motion detecting security cameras around our house when we are both out. That said, we were given one for free, and I prefer my gshock.

Personally, the only benefits would be that I would have the ability to make calls when I go jogging and that I could pay for shit without getting out my wallet or phone.

you can buy a decent automatic like orient for a third of what a samsung smartwatch costs and it would literally last you your entire life
as opposed to a useless disposable electronic toy which will be dead in 2 years either because of battery issues or simply planned obsolescence / dropped support

I mean, if you are going to go on a cost thing, you can get a solar atomic watch for like 100 bucks, and go over a decade between battery changes or the need to reset the time. Keeps better time than an automatic, too.

where is your fucking wrist

based debil

fat

tbqh you don't even need a fancy solar watch, any cheap quartz would keep time just as well and changing the battery every 3 years is incomparable with smartwatch cost of ownership

the only practical smartwatch i've ever seen is amazfit bip, everything else is garbage, especially android wear devices you need to charge every day
bip looks like a toy though so its definitely not for everyone

it will help you lose weight.

>what are smartwatches good for?
Depends, generally speaking smartwatches are a tool for people that dont wand to get their phones out for every shit, but want access to the information the phone provides. I'm using mine mainly to take a glimpse at incoming messages, navigate and control my music.

>do you realy need that shit?
No. It's a toy, and like every toy there is no "real" use for it, but I like mine.

I have seen pigs and I think this is their hands and legs

best watch of all time

Attached: A168WG-9EF.jpg (500x500, 56K)

they're the biggest meme, and most people that use them look like faggots RPing as James Bond when they talk into it

kino

It's pretty handy user. If you don't have to worry about charging it, i.e. not going /out/ anytime soon, literally why would you not want a graduated HUD for your daily life?

On top of displaying more information than a regular watch, it can perform a number of tasks: Record notes, calculator, stopwatch, etc. All on your wrist.

On top of making it look like you fucking ported here from the Enterprise trying to hail scotty to beam you up as you walk around talking into your watch, they're just a handy tool.

you don't need anything. smart watches are as useful as easy to access second screens (at a glance screens) get though. notifications, quick sms/messages, turn by turn maps, stop watches, fitness monitoring etc.

Attached: hambeasts.jpg (858x960, 127K)

I can't find any practical use for them.

These days I consider that watch a sign of childhood. It's like a Nokia 3310.

Attached: 1542169314022.jpg (475x637, 43K)

STOP THIS FATSHAMING RIGHT FUCKING NOW
YOU ARE ARRESTED BY SJW POLICE

Smart watches are good for tracking your health so you don't look like the guy? in OP's picture.
That is all. You pay a steep price by charging it once a week, but it was worth it for me: I lost 25kg within 6 months of getting one. I am afraid I need it to stay fit, I really loved my old watch.

>Implying I can't just walk away if someone this fat wanted to arrest me.

It's a notification bar that lives on my wrist. It's also got physical buttons so I can control music without looking at it. Unfortunately it was the watch that killed Pebble, the Pebble Time Round.

wristwatches are mostly for cucks
a free man can take his time and doesn't need to constantly check if he is late
it can be useful to synchronise with others for social activities or to measure time
but if you find constantly wearing a wristwatch useful you definitely are a wagecuck

>Officer, I'd like to repork a crime!

What is the point of owning a watch when you have a smartphone

lmao

based

bass

10:10

I just want to be able to ditch my phone at home. I hate how addicted I am to it.

It's a ham with a watch on it

Good for fielding text messages while busy at work.

Imo their best use case is for exercise. It's annoying to have a bulky smartphone on you when you're running, and having a smartwatch allows you to easily access functionality like checking your heart rate, etc.

I got an Amazfit Bip, it's pretty nice using it to track my sleep, my runs, and seeing notifications on my watch. Probably not too accurate, but enough for my needs. I also use Gadgebridge because it is less botnet than the Xiaomi app.

disgusting!

Attached: 3314693853_8b21b084c9_z.jpg (640x480, 178K)

Stop piss drinking faggot shaming right fuck now, you double nigger.

All watches have batteries you fucking idiot

>Rolex
>not even a good one but ugly ass blue/silver/gold one

The equivalent of buying an Audi in the car world. It means you have a little bit of money, but absolutely nothing to say

Attached: 1506433535750.png (250x202, 8K)

top jej

I want the 555kb of mobile data I spent opening that horrible shit back

I know this is some b8 but it’s actually to help you deep breath to relive stress.

I had an Apple Watch series 3 for a while. Loved it while I had it, kind of missed not wearing my other watches though.

When Series 4 came out I decided "Why not". Sold it to a friend, then it got back-ordered. After two weeks of delays I cancelled the order. and figured I'd get it when I get it.

Haven't had another smart watch since and don't miss it whatsoever. I prefer my other digital/analog watches instead, and they're not as expensive as my Apple Watch was when I first bought it.

>memex
how cute

Attached: FEATpascal_3.jpg (1000x571, 101K)

based

kek

that's a paw

I have the opposite problem: Every wristwatch in existence makes my scrawny wrists look scrawnier.

The only people I've seen who actually make use of their smart watches are exercise nuts who use it to track everything they do while wearing clothing that does not allow the storage of phones.

Attached: 22125454.png (213x237, 8K)

I wanted to get cute with you, but apparently all of the definitions of "battery" have the pesty word "electric" in it, preventing me from calling a spring a battery.

The sun definitely is, though.

s-surely there must be something they're actually useful for

Attached: 1407037909334.jpg (460x345, 41K)

i've heard some students use them to cheat on exams

miband (+gadgetbridge so no botnet) and a proper watch seem like a much more practical combination than a smartwatch desu

You cab use them to sniff in places you wouldn't be able to carry your phone

yikes

Paradoxical, it's also the brand you buy when you come full circle and realize that there's very little out there actually worth your money. It's an odd brand. Too bad their styling has gone the way of the pleb.

Nobody needs anything but food and air.
I have a high income because I own flats. Do you expect me to wear things anyone can afford?

I use one on the daily basis, my health insurance provided one, big fan of the LTE aspect of it.

Attached: 2D3CDF10-1EB7-4039-873E-2AF903B6D534.jpg (3560x2718, 2.85M)

I work with my hands a lot , so it's nice to not have to pull out my phone out of my pocket to see if it's something important. Sometimes i get my hands dirty so i avoid getting some of those nasty solutions on me. I paid 40 bucks for an lg g watch and i would say it's quite handy for the price. I have it for about 3-4 years already and it served me fine. If you like watches might as well make it a smart watch it has extra functionality for basically the same price.

rifk

based

this

Attached: zeblaze-thor-4-4g-lte-gps-wifi-reloj-inteligente-para-D_NQ_NP_982995-MLM28678918461_112018-F.jpg (1000x612, 121K)