R8 my build please

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX570 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance

Attached: Trace-2_01_400.png (400x400, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U4k_ErEg-FU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Full build

Attached: 20190415_222508.jpg (1960x2005, 3.4M)

This build is an absolute clusterfuck, weak in important places and has a bunch of shit you don't need. That RAM is way too slow for Ryzen, the video card is mediocre, the water cooler is unnecessary, and so on. Check Logical Increments and build the PC yourself, it's ridiculously easy these days and they have a 2700X/2060 build that should be better overall and should cost less than that ibuypower bullshit or around the same if you get a legit copy of Windows.

RAM and GPU's are bottlenecking CPU. At least you were smart enough to get an x470 for 3000 series. Sell your GPU's and at least get a 2080. 5/10.

>R7 2700x
>RX570 4GB
And here I'm with R5 1600/RX580 8GB.

How much did you pay for this?

I haven't paid anything yet. Just brainstorming but I haven't been keeping up with the tech very well over the years. Any criticism is welcome. Just need a decent gaming PC. I play mostly Blizzard games but would like to be able to try something like anthem or destiny 2 at some point.

I built my last PC about a decade ago and have been holding up updating my rig hoping prices would become pretty reasonable. It's gotten to the point now where I cant even run WoW properly.

I know opinions on Logical Increments are pretty mixed around here, but their 2700X build looks pretty solid to me.

Attached: 2700x2060.jpg (1172x126, 43K)

>2700X
>8GB of RAM
Great list you got there, falcon.

What if I did this instead?

Attached: Screenshot_20190416-004310_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 639K)

???? Thats an intel mobo, user what are you doing
Is this why people say pc building is hard

Don't get a 2700X unless you need additional cores/dick wagging rights. Get faster RAM/a 580 8GB or a 1660 instead. And use the stock cooler for now and upgrade later if you don't like the acoustics of the stock one.

You don't need a 512GB SSD boot drive, learn to suffice with 250GB. Get a second 1TB drive or a 2TB.

>Total Prices $1,269

Does the Logical Increments guy still come by here to get yelled at?

This was the ibuypower total cost. I've decided to build it myself instead. I clearly need some guidance though. I guess I dont know the rules of mobos. I need your help anons. I want to believe I can do this.

Any motherboard suggestions for ryzen 5 and rx 570?

Long as you choose one between $100 and $200 you shouls be ok. Pay less than $100 and it's probably shit. Pay over $200 and you're probably blowing money on features you don't need.

How important is the ssd? Is it hard to set up? For example I know one of the benefits would be to run your OS on the ssd. How does that process go?

>plug in ssd
>install windows
>select ssd as installation disk
>windows is now installed on ssd

Certain motherboards are Intel specific?

I'm sorry. I'm a total noob

Yeah. Choose if you want amd or intel first. Then depending what cpu you want you choose motherboard. Motherboard accepts one and not the other. Choose exact cpu also because some motherboards only accept certain versions of that brand cpu.

Better?

Attached: Screenshot_20190416-010654_Chrome.jpg (1080x1447, 461K)

That's fine, every has to learn somehow.

Consider
getting a 2600x over a 2700x unless you absolutely need 16 threads
at least 3000mhz ram, 16gb is preferable these days
if you want to save money get a normal 2.5" sata ssd over an m.2 ssd, but this is up to you
don't go high on cpu but only get a 570 4gb, at least get a 580 8gb or a 1660
an x470 motherboard will set you up for future upgrades with amd's 3000 series cpus coming out soon, so sticking with one is fine even though they are a tad more expensive
everything else is fine.

I really appreciate the feedback guys. Will a ryzen come with it's own thermal paste?

I would want more sata ports/pci ports, but hey. It's allright I guess. i think if you use m.2 it takes away 2 sata ports leaving you with even less

Officially scratch this build guys.

Looking to take advantage of some prices.
>New set up
>Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - $127
>Video: Radeon RX 570 - $164
>Memory: Silicon power 16 Gb(2x 8GB) DDR4 RAM 2400mhz - $72
Storage: 1-2 TB (tbd)
Case: NZXT h500 - $69

Do not get rx570, look up build liats in your budget id youre this uninformed desu

I forgot ssd, but if I use the power supply from my current PC, what else do I really need besides an OS.

- You don't need liquid cooling unless you OC, which is pretty useless on this CPU. Use the stock and save like $100
- Ram is kinda slow but it's not that bad. try to change that to faster speed.
- if this is is mostly for gaming, get a better GPU (580/90) with the saved money.
- NEVER get a NVME ssd unless you know what you are doing. It's not any faster just more expensive.
- Don't get a 1TB HDD, they are very price innefficent. Get a 3-4TB one now or later.
- Get a a B450 mobo.
- Don't get a CD drive.

I am sadly very disinformed. Any suggestion in place of rx570. I thought that was a good value?

for games you can get a 2600, 16gb of faster ram, b450 mobo, vega 56

You will regret making a PC this late.

Which one is the best value?

Attached: Screenshot_20190416-014220_Chrome.jpg (1080x914, 303K)

Video card is shit but otherwise decent system.

Just wait 2-3 months. You can either get better stuff for the same money, or that stuff for cheaper.

It is. It's the best value, but it's a 3 year old 1080p card, so when you're planning to drop a thousand bucks you should Really consider a more powerful card. Maybe a 1660ti/2060/1070/56.

Second gen ryzen should be preferred over first Gen for gayming. For high end gayming go intel.
Now the ram, faster is good for ryzen, however if you are using a lower end graphics card the impact isn't that big youtu.be/U4k_ErEg-FU
Don't buy an extra cpu cooler. Also use the network functionality of your mobo, don't buy a network card. And if you are going for gaming build and money is limited, a 2600x will deliver most of the 2700x performance (or just wait for zen2).

Why are you spending such unnecessary amounts on the processor while getting a shit tier GPU?
Better balance would be something like 2600X and a 1070/1660ti.

1600. Later samples are clocking almost as good as zen+ ryzens(you still can lose the lottery and get a cpu that will clock [email protected] though)

I've been doing this for like 6 years now.

Really appreciate the feedback everyone. I may make a new thread as people keep referring to the original build I posted. I'm not buying anything just yet, so I will keep adjusting the specs according to your feedback.

Tells us what youre going to be doing with the system, coding, gaming? Might as well spend 20-30$ more and get an RX580 8GB.

get an rx580
170$ on Amazon

I'm guessing you're poor since you bought AMD

>AMD

Stopped right there

If a HDD is showing up in bios but not in winders (7), is it bad? I've tried multiple sata ports but I ain't getting jack shit. I'd hate to RMA it because I swear to god it works.

Did you format it in disk management?

Good CPU but you could have done better with the GPU.

$1269 build with a $139 GPU

What the fuck is your problem

Forgive me, allow me to clarify: it ain't showing up in jack shit except BIOS. That includes disk management.

Depends on your use case. If you're mainly doing productive work and some casual 1080p gaming it's fine. If your main use is gaming then you should've probably gotten a 2600(X) instead of the 2700X and spent the extra money on a better video card.
Also a 1TB hard drive in the current year is kind of stupid. They're ridiculously expensive for their capacity. Could probably get a 2TB drive for just a couple bucks more.