Single handedly destroys 10 years of love for emacs

>single handedly destroys 10 years of love for emacs
youtube.com/watch?v=8kCd4w4kc68

Attached: 1200px-Visual_Studio_Code_1.18_icon.svg.png (1200x1195, 16K)

When I work on a remote server using , then I will still be using emacs in text mode.
But I have to say, MSFT surprised me a lot with this one, it's really good.

>emoji support
this nigger was never even an actual emacs user to begin with

>You know, after using it for a week I have to admin VS Code is a better editor than Emacs.
and you'll switch back to emacs once you realize that VS Code with all the gay extensions you need to get shit done hogs more resources than fucking intellij.
also, nobody just switches to a new editor after 10 years.

it's hard to imagine how autistic you have to be to actually use emacs

Not really

I was already using Emacs when you were still in school.
It was alright in the 90s, but now there is better stuff.
Grow up.

This

t. vim user

touche

This. Zoomers feel special for using outdated software.
VSCode is the future.

When did I disagree with that?

>vim
even worse

isn't vscode an electron """app"""?

Yes.
I mean it’s not bad. In fact, ms has done a lot of things right with it and it has an almost appleish “it just werks” flavor, but holy shit, does it eat up resources like an American at McDonalds! And the zu, while being all cool and darkasmysoul ain’t really that great. What’s so bad about having a few buttons for commonly used functions?

Enjoy your electron shithole user :^)

t. NEET who wastes time ricing his emacs config on his shitpad

Thoughts?

Attached: code.png (1024x1024, 227K)

Imagine making these threads and not getting paid.

Attached: IMG_20180630_161549.jpg (1024x1010, 69K)

>uses more CPU resources than necessary
nothin personel kid.
visual studio code is the reason for global warming.
you may not like it but it's true.

ass gay music, im not watching it

vim guy here ur gay lol owned idiot

>implying wasting 100 hours writing meme elisp scripts isn't a massive waste of resources

Attached: Macross_Delta_05_27807488.mkv_snapshot_20.01_2016.05.02_12.24.21.png (1280x720, 1.52M)

it's not in an editor which let's the CPU idle

>Grow up.
based

Attached: grow_up.jpg (740x760, 56K)

Imagine shilling a '80s editor and refusing real progress.

>10 years emacs user
>discovers jump to definition

>When I work on a remote server using , then I will still be using emacs in text mode.
check out remote workspace on vscode
its breddy gud

>hogs more resources than fucking intellij

Attached: 04jyf7Gm.png (519x86, 3K)

same
kids larping with their hipster software are adorable though

I use only vscode to merge/pulling on other branches
its just perfect

SIXTY MEGABYTES for a fucking text editor, jesus christ.

yeah, idling. try installing git, linting and other gay extensions with bunch of files open at the same time.

calm down most of it is telemetry

Emacs is larger.

wrong.

>his computer cant even run a text editor

holy shit how fucking pathetic can poorfags get

unused RAM is wasted RAM

imagine taking half as much ram while being 20 times less functional
also, slower overall because emacs is ancient garbage which can't into multithreading

Attached: 04xAQxHu.png (617x86, 11K)

Ah, the infamous fetal alcohol syndrome downie from Sweden

>a macfag
opinion discarded

i have an i5 with 16gbs of ram, what's your point? i should be running bloated software just because? fuck that and fuck you, dumb ms shill.

Attached: 1419317195491.png (572x380, 356K)

imagine being so autistic as to run a slower, less functional editor, because you refuse to spare 30 megabytes of ram
tbqh i don't believe people like that exist and do any actual development, i'm sure you're all larping children

>imagine being so autistic as to run a slower, less functional editor
that's simply not true. there's shitton of libraries for emacs. even in the slight chance you don't find what you need you can easily extend it with lisp. why do you think Jow Forums shills it so much? because it fucking works! if you're a lazy faggot you use meme electron app of the week. if you like minimalism you use vim. if you want to something that just werks you use emacs.
>i'm sure you're all larping children
ironic that you say that, you dumb gorilla nigger. how much ms paid you to shill this pile of shit?

>. why do you think Jow Forums shills it so much
imagine trusting Jow Forums
yikes

The only right way to use this thing.

Aren't you Jow Forums, Anonymous?

the only correct combo is VSCode for large projects, sam for individual files or small projects

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.30 AM.png (912x1392, 260K)

Based.

- a proper ide like visual studio or intellij stuff for large projects
- vscode for medium / small-ish stuff
- vim when editing stuff on a server
- emacs if you're a larping child or a 70yo lispfag

jetbrains IDEs desu

>20 times less functional
Does VSCode have something remotely comparable to org-mode? No?
Into the trash it goes then, for all I care.

>vim
>minimalism

>sure my editor of choice is largely inadequate to develop software with but at least i can keep my autistic notes in it
oof, yikes, etc

What makes it "inadequate to develop software with"?

it has to be smol to come with most nixes by default. it's definitely worth your time if fuck around with servers a lot. you can extend it with bunch of plugins, too.

>lmao lemme waste 100 hours patching my editor with "libraries" since it sucks so much it doesn't work ootb

How much are you paid to shill this shit?
No one will care in about one month and use the new fad, while Emacs will outlive you zoomers.

Isn't VSCode the one which used 13% CPU for blinking the cursor?

>it has to be smol to come with most nixes by default.
Widespread myth. Most Unix-like systems have vi preinstalled, not Vim.

only if you have the mental capacity of a dead fish
also
>(((waste))) 100 hours configuring/learning the tool you use EVERY DAY
>save 200 hours by knowing how to use it effectively
yes, thought they seem to make more and more optimizations with each release.

slow, shit completion, nonexistent refactoring, tramp is garbage, code navigation is barely passable with ido etc, obtuse bespoke design quirks everywhere like tab behavior, etc
i could write you an effortpost but instead i'm going to do what another user posted above and tell you to grow up

>(((waste)))
Efags are funnier and funnier.

you can waste thousand hours on emacs but you will never make it into anything even remotely approaching a modern IDE
same with vim but at least it has its uses because its installed on every server and it works great for remote editing

i stand corrected. still, they use the same keybindings for the most part.
nice argument, homo.
what do you use your ide for, user? i can manage and debug my projects just fine.

What is the actual usecase for emojis? You want to print them somehow and you want a preview in the editor? I never programmed with emojis.

>save 200 hours by knowing how to use it effectively

Lol, I didn't waste a single minute on learning how to use Visual Studio. I just had to install the extensions to mimic Sublime Text. Now I have a full functional modern editor with all the keybindings that I already know.

If you know that you will get replaced soon rename all classes, variables, etc with emojis to drive the guy that will replace you into committing suicide.

How the fuck can you not possibly program with emojis in 2019, oh my god, please use my new meme ide instead of tried and proven software, it does have emoji!

Call me again when Emacs can do something as basic as extract Java methods, like Eclipse does.

emacs isn't even multi threaded
sad!

loud kek

Attached: haha.jpg (457x600, 58K)

Eclipse got kind os shitty though. I have a pretty good PC, but it just gets slower and slower.
I am not minimalist, I use VS for C++, but I want my IDE to run smoothly. I don't know if Eclipse is just bloated at this point, but I don't enjoy using it anymore.

>MUH BLOAT

I am making a .net-core project right with a front end and a node js project on the side and fucking postman is taking more

Attached: 35225235.jpg (694x67, 14K)

>i can manage and debug my projects just fine.
if your projects involve thousands LOC then you're likely just slowing yourself down for no reason with emacs and need to discover better tools. which you will, at some point, if only when forced by your employer.
however if your "projects" involve 20 lines python scripts for your riced desktop bar, you might as well continue to use whatever editor you like best
anyway, it looks like i ran out of my good goy captcha allowance so i guess i'll go shitpost elsewhere until tomorrow

>Eclipse got kind os shitty though. I have a pretty good PC, but it just gets slower and slower.
This is what happens when you IDE-of-the-month hop.

You can be multithreaded as much as you like, but if you're written in Electron, that won't save you.

>but if you're written in Electron, that won't save you.
Unless you have more than 2 gb of ram then you won't even notice it running in the background!

How is Eclipse IDE of the month? It was the most popular Java IDE for a long time.

>needing 2 gb of ram to keep a ln editor running in the background

Attached: DmQxyqRXoAE9qh1.jpg (1200x902, 155K)

You don't but having atleast 2 will stop from crying like a fucking retard about muh Ram

The only bloat I am seeing here is you. So when will you terminate yourself?

When I see a program written entirely in emoji. :^)

Postman is also pretty fucking bloated tho.

This will be a thing at least in some intro to programming in elementary school, I guarantee it.

VScode is spyware inherently.
>but VScodium
Still full of spyware and automatically pings MS due to extension support.
Emacs and Vim are still the only good editors.

Considering that stuff like Scratch already exists, I wouldn't be surprised.

>what is proper refactoring support
Keep crying freetard.

just pirate sublime moralfags lmao

But considering that pretty much everything Vim can do can also be done in Emacs, it's objectively the superior one between the two.

>Still full of spyware and automatically pings MS due to extension support.
>projecting

It's not like he was incorrect though. The very existence of VSCodium proves it.

You speak like virgin who has not done a single day of work ever.

>VSCode is the serious BUSINESS editor for HARD WORKERS who want a JOB
Meanwhile, in real world interview pass rates...

Attached: 1533885190183.png (1470x745, 77K)

>unused RAM is cached disk IO
fixed

>what is sshfs

>pirate
Literally just download Sublime and click "no" once a week or so when it nags you
I mean sure you could also go hunting for one of those leaked license keys which are always available, if you really want to turn it off
Downright pirating it is just retarded

That's because Emacs users learned to cope extra hard since the editor itself sucks.
Meanwhile, others learned to rely on good tools.

Having only used VS up until 2012 after which I moved onto Linux based development, I gotta say VS Code is a genuinely pleasant surprise. I developed some python on it instead of pycharm to try it out and it was genuinely responsive and lightweight. I didn't think it possible for MS to make a good product again but hey good for them

>Eclipse
Ouch.

Emacs and vim both have plugins for language servers which is the exact same style for completion as vscode.