Wait Google Stadia is only 2.7ghz xeon

PS5 and Xbox4 is 3ghz ryzen…

wtf the new consoles literally are going to be running at half the speed of 200$ cpus you can get today that can clock to 5.4ghz easily like 9350k.

unless they actually work out multicore consoles/streaming is going to die. O_O

it will literally be like the 90/mid2000s again where PC games don't even resemble the trash on this stuff and seems like 3generations ahead.

Attached: 5.7.png (387x359, 14K)

and don't say they already have the only game engine that ive seen scale at all with multicore is frostbite and that engine feels horrible its not the netcode they fixed that there is some thing fundamentally laggy feeling about that engine even at high fPS and im fairly sure its multicore lag.

John Carmack has actually said VR cant be multithreaded due to latency VR is dead thou

>valve releasing new headset
>oculus releasing two new headsets
>samsung keeps releasing headsets
>htc keeps releasing headsets
>hp releasing new high end consumer headset with highest ppd to date
>numerous headsets being released for business space
>vr is dead

Attached: 1547425307345.png (723x563, 121K)

You know, IQ is a normalized distribution. It's entirely possible to go negative.

vr is a meme. fuck off you consumerist kike.

translation: i'm too poor to afford good vr

well if VR is alive the screen makers are not making the right screens for it and the chip makers are not making the right chips for it

so its prob fucked long term unless jeff bezos elon or zuck decide to embrace it.

>xeon
but Jow Forums told me you can't play games on xeon

>zuck decide to embrace it
you mean like when facebook bought oculus

jiggahertz means nothing. look up what a cpu pipeline does and the difference between RISC and CISC and come back you retard.
Jiggahertz is incomparable even between different generations of the same family of processors.

Ps5 is already confirmed downclocked to 1.6
It won't be anywhere near 3ghz

I think this user is right. There's no way you could do 3Ghz with the power envelope they're probably targeting

Didn't Google buy a shitton of Skylake Xeon CPUs in advance?

Hummm, said this to 3D.

PS4 is fucking 1.6Ghz jaguar trash.

jaguar is qt and not trash

Jaguar is still lightyears ahead of whatever shelved leftover Nvidia SoC the Basedtendo Switch has inside.

MUH EVERYTHING IS DEAD THIS IS DEAD THATS DEAD XD Anyone think im epic yet?!!

Kill yourself idiot

This is Zen1. Zen2 is a full die shrink over Zen1. If you clocked it at the same clock of the peak efficiency points; you can take the Zen1 power value and half it.

Attached: Zen_power-efficiency.png (1509x905, 55K)

>Part II

Zen1 at 3.3GHz at 8c/16t does ~42.3W. Which means with a full die shrink at 3.3GHz, Zen2 would draw around 21.5-22W. If the SoC has a 150W power budget, that gives them ~130W for the GPU.

Which doesn't seem like much at the discrete level, but for an SoC, that's huge. I would expect the PS5 to draw around 175W at the wall under full load. So around ~25W for the GDDR6, SSD, BluRay drive, and network hardware.

Attached: Zen-power-draw.png (1159x489, 76K)

please don't post gamer threads or meme faces on my 4channel. thanks

what about the fan?

It could add a vapor chamber like what the Xbox One X has.

Nobody is buying them
Even the PS4 VR which is relatively cheap and far more accessible was a complete failure.
It's not just the ridiculous price or the hardware necessary to run it, it's just the fact that is too cumbersome for 99% of the people and novelty of the thing dies really fast too.

Are you talking about the Mark Cerny thing? No he did not say anything about clock speed. He just confirmed the PS5 is running a Zen 2 chip.

Watching /v/ brainlets desperately try to understand technology will never cease to be entertaining.

>clock
These consoles are supposed to last an entire generation, not get abused by some fool for 5% perf and 105% heat gains

SuperHot VR has sold more than SuperHot Flat.

>new consoles are still only getting 3Ghz
>at a time when AMD is releasing 16 cores that run at 4.3Ghz
Why do they always have to lag so hopelessly behind I swear.
This will most likely be the problem again when games are stuck at 30fps.

Attached: 1448572465978.jpg (340x565, 46K)

How resource intensive will next gen console OSes be? They get more demanding by the generation.

Does it really matter if the toys run at 30 frames(?) a second? No one will notice.

Even at 3ghz it'll be like 5 times more powerful