What are some tech equivalent "bro science" or "mom science" type myths that keep perpetuating?

What are some tech equivalent "bro science" or "mom science" type myths that keep perpetuating?

Attached: main-qimg-01ecda4c48fb16b911578437e539fc5b-c.jpg (470x270, 20K)

>linux on the desktop is usable

>it’s not gay to love traps

The fact that you're a fat fuck that doesn't have any spine and keeps stuffing his fat fucking faggot face with food has got nothing to do with technology and/or weight loss

>just update your drivers bro

>have you tried turning it off and on again

>works on my machine

Lmao this advice fixed about 40% of all tickets when I was working helpdesk.

>ok thanks for calling, sorry this is happening to you. Before we begin, let’s just go ahead and restart

>small talk for 2 minutes about problem, don’t even listen half the time

>oh I guess that was it! I’m happy we could resolve this. Before I hop off I’m just gonna ask that you run updates. Yup... just hit the windows key on the keyboard. The windows key. It’s on the bottom left of your keyboard, it has four squares, kind of... yep.. yeah now type in “check for updates”. Uh huh. .. yep. Ok now just click check now and all I need you to do is go ahead and restart at the end of the day, ok? ... ok. .. alright. Haha you too Phyllis. Yup. Alright well you have a great day and go ahead and give me a call if anything else comes up... yes.. thanks... ok, alright... bye now

>*click*

>Before we begin, let’s just go ahead and restart
That's very professional user

Seething fatty

"Gaming on Linux is great"
"Macs have the best font rendering"
"X is bloat"

>before we go please opt in to beta testing windows updates

>people who state just use nosql its better than that dinosaur sql
>people who claim you should have used microservices
>people who always properly eject the usb drive
>people who tape over camera on laptop but leaves cell phone face facing camera untaped

that's not technically and entirely a myth, it can resolve some problems since restarting can refresh the whole system including drivers that didnt load for some reason on your first boot.

happens a lot on windows and i did experienced some cases with linux distros

And yet it works very often
Also this

Basically the idea that new is defacto better and updated means improved. I feel like that used to be the case but we've hit a plateau in terms of efficiency, and now the focus is how companies can negatively effect the user experience just enough incrementally that they dont notice until its too late.

Lmao fuck off fat piece of shit

>turning your pc on and off means it's gonna die sooner because muh sparks and muh component stress

Lossless audio is distinguishable by ear from mp3 v0 in some tracks by some people with the correct equipment

macs dont get viruses
also
CICO lost me 75 lb

>Technology which has no upfront cost is actually free
>C++ is hard
>Smart appliances are worth the money

>My body defies basic laws of thermodynamics

>>Before we begin, let’s just go ahead and restart
based

solved ~50% of the issues I got at HP printer support. half the time they didn't have it plugged in. If I asked "is it plugged in" they get all defensive, so "turn it off then on" gets them to notice they just called support because their printer is off.

Good programmers can write nontrivial C programs without security vulnerabilities caused by memory safety issues.

the newest version is always the most secure

I wish my HP printer was that simple. Their software tries to bind to an IP but it never fucking works, I have more luck manually assigning a printer port.

calories in vs calories out isn't a myth it's just not the whole story

>CICO implies insulin response inst a thing
Eating 2000 calories of ice cream isn't the same thing as 2000 calories of a normal balanced meal.
You'll gain a lot more body fat due to the high sugar.

That's been android ever since KitKat.

>leaving your laptop plugged in kills the battery bro, for reals

So calories in calories out is only bad advice for retards that eat nothing but ice cream?

"What do you mean soda has calories?"

>count calories
>end up eating less calorie rich food
>end up exercising more
>lose weight
>Jow Forums says I shouldn't be able to

the only way to argue against CICO is to go for completely retarded scenarios that do not happen in real life. for any halfway normal person it is absolutely valid and the inaccuracies can be ignored.

>chrome hogs RAM

>IoT is a good thing

>Calories in, calories out is a bro science myth
Spotted the lazy fatty.

Attached: 1529877636678.jpg (499x501, 34K)

pretty much.
even just cutting down on the amount of milk filled coffees I drink gradually impacted my weight over time.

>yeah bro, CICO is totally a meme because, you see, [detail that's irrelevant for everyday life]
>that's why I'll proceed to have this microwaved greasy pizza as a snack while I wait for the takeout to arrive
I wonder if those people would also disregard classical mechanics.

Except your pic speaks the truth. You can't bend thermodynamics

You will probably produce more body fat at first, but you will also burn it over the day.
Eating only sugar will not be good for your muscle mass, but you will not gain weight overall.

Not to mention the fact that if you actually get to the point where fat can't be taken from the fat cells and used as energy, then you're either eating so much sugar that you're at a calorie surplus.
Or you're literally dead.

Attached: 1531921035994.png (464x700, 413K)

This whole board is just an echo chamber of marketing slurs.
>It won't work because the company told so!
Sadly, pc tech devolved into men's magazine level subjects and nowadays normies believe the smoke and mirrors.