Telegram

Safe to use?

Attached: t_logo.png (236x236, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop
github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues/371
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/commit/1669731329bcc32c84e33035a67a2fc22444c24b
signal.org/android/apk/
anonhq.com/edward-snowden-warns-whatever-dont-use-telegram-messenger-app/
github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/issues/281#issuecomment-21762482
core.telegram.org/mtproto/description
core.telegram.org/api/end-to-end
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.telegram.messenger/
github.com/DrKLO/Telegram/blob/master/TMessagesProj/build.gradle#L17
twitter.com/snowden/status/947190333540061185?lang=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nope
use signal

дa)))

Дa)))

Yes. I have been trying to find a flaw for years and still can't crack it.

hosted in the US
>Yes. I have been trying to find a flaw for years
Well you must be a huge retard, it's not encrypted.
the only safe alternatives are Wire and Threema

No. Use matrix.

how can you shill that crap right after they got compromised

Telegram absolutely allows for encrypted messages.

ok shill

But Telegram does support fully encrypted end to end messages. Why are you trying to say otherwise?

Can I send messages/files to myself like you can in telegram?

I use it all the time for getting shit between my pc and my phone

>proprietary
>Safe to use?
t. retard

what happened?

Attached: Harukana Receive - 01 (1920x1080 HEVC2 AAC)00:03:460003.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

How is it propietary?

github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop

it's only partially open source
github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues/371

>it's only partially open source
ok, "retard"

Same fucking shit if not worse.

Дa)))

nah
use Gentoo its much more secure

No! Linux is magically secure!!!

Don't know about that

>federated
>compromised
Lol.
Protocol is not compromised.

/thread

>not on f-droid
into the trash it goes

I only threat model for a paying client

I wish someone would create a better client for Telegram. I really like how it can be installed on a desktop, laptop, phone, tablet and everything at the same time. I can switch devices and continue my conversation. This is why I don't enjoy Whatsapp, it can only be bound to one mobile device and the desktop client always complains that it's open somewhere else.

But the client is bad and doesn't have customization. I don't want large cartoon bubbles around the text, I'd rather have it like in IRC (irssi/weechat) where the lines are compact. It's using so much space that it practically takes a day of scrolling to see what has been said in a day.

>Telegram absolutely allows for encrypted messages.
they use non standard encryption they developed themselves with no cryptographer involved, go figure.

>github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues/371
Are the servers and encryption open source, retard?

Alright niggers explain yourselves

Attached: thefuck.png (1080x1005, 119K)

No, it's a piece of shit. The encryption is nonstandard-garbage, encryption is turned off by default and also device-to-device only, group chats cannot be encrypted at all. You also have to trust shady Russians to keep all your private data save.
The only viable messengers are Matrix and XMPP. XMPP is the real og, while the matrix fags reinvented everything for no fucking reason and designed it so bad that you have to operate a datacenter for like 10 users, while ejabberd serves thousands from a raspberry pi without problems

Attached: Xmpp.png (1200x1234, 86K)

Absolutely halal, brother. What is it that you might be worried about? What kind of your correspondence are you afraid Mr. Durov might leak to the public or hand over to the government?

github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/commit/1669731329bcc32c84e33035a67a2fc22444c24b
signal.org/android/apk/

Attached: 1555524381708.png (720x1117, 167K)

Use Aurora Store already.

>Telegram
Russian
homebrew encryption disabled by default
Closed source servers
>Signal
Under USA juristiction
>Wire
Colects some metadata in their open source server, located in Switzerland (strict Swiss policies make it least likely to ever be compromised)
Pick your poison
Or you can use matrix apps, which lack simple functionality of video calling, but they're decentralized or something

Attached: wirelogo.png (300x300, 7K)

Come back when it's fully FOSS

Fully encrypted with their own little encryption nobody knows how it works but them
Messeges hosted on their own closed source servers
Made by the russian facebook

I don't know how retarded you would need to be to not see the issues here

What are you gonna use in the mean time?

So they made a fallback in case GCM doesn't work, except they shouldn't have relied on GCM at all. Or at least they should've given it to someone not retarded to do it for them, like telegram did.
And what's the point of the link when it's the same apk from google play?

>unironically comparing unencrypted-by-default-"""secure"""-telegram-scam to signal

It doesn't matter where the server are located; if your shit is encrypted, it's encrypted - and you can host the server as well right at the nsa headquarters.

telegram garbage isn't encrypted though, so it does matter very much where it's servers are located. You should use unencrypted shit anyways.

As long as they both require your phone number, they're both shit.

anonhq.com/edward-snowden-warns-whatever-dont-use-telegram-messenger-app/

So let me use Wire in peace, I'm European after all

>github.com/matrix-org/matrix.org/issues/371
Jesus Fucking Christ what an absolute dumpsterfire. How can someone be that retarded with their opsec?

github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/issues/281#issuecomment-21762482
Basically they don't publish on F-Droid because they like to collect telemetry with Google and "need something that will annoy the hell out of users until they upgrade".
And that is all you need to know about ((((secure)))) USA-incorporated messenger balls deep into google services for ((((reasons)))).

Go back to your shithole board.

Even if he denied the holocaust in his last sentence that doesn't change a thing about the fact that he is right. Is he right that it's the jews™? No. But he's right that the service is completely cucked by glow in the dark niggers.

Half of Jow Forums don't know anything about telegram and think it's plaintext. Every chat on telegram is encrypted with mtproto, so even regular/group chats are encrypted from client -> server, and then if you need more privacy, you use a private chat which is end to end, and the keys aren't stored on their servers. Yeah it's not as safe as signal, but it's the best chat client out besides signal, better than whatsapp.

core.telegram.org/mtproto/description
core.telegram.org/api/end-to-end

Attached: c2310d6ede1a5e220f.jpg (780x748, 92K)

Go back to Russian airport.

So regular chats are still fully encrypted, and just as secure as WhatsApp, since WhatsApp "end2end" stores the private keys on their servers, and telegram splits keys into two, being stored on separate servers in different countries. So even regular chats would require law enforcement to get a warrant for both servers in separate countries to get your regular chat history decrypted.

And secret chats are end to end encrypted with perfect forward secrecy. On top of secret chats, telergram supports mtproto proxy, so your telegram client can connect to a 3rd party self hosted socks proxy, bypassing your local internet. So you can use a vpn -> socks proxy -> telegram for even more security. Plain and simple that telegram is the overall best. If you needal anything more secure you should be using gpg encrypted communication over Tor. Otherwise this is secure enough. And what's funny is signal, wire, WhatsApp aren't being banned, while telegram is, and isis and other people are using telegram because it's the only one who isn't giving out backdoors or handing over access.

Attached: cabc10049a7190694f.jpg (780x888, 122K)

Yes, sure.

Why does it require a phone number to use?

This

Attached: 1555530057046.png (720x585, 105K)

>just as secure as WhatsApp
except that its homebrewed crypto, unauthored and running on proprietary servers in russia. tippety top kek

Group audio fucking when?
>Made by the russian facebook
Made by the guy who made russian facebook, after russian governement seized control of it and the guy escaped to europe.
Banned in russia, pretty much illegal to use (just having app installed can be used as """proof""" of involvement in terrorism and/or drug trading) but still most popular in russia even after (especially after) government started insanely expensive country-wide DNS hijacking and DPI that broke every major cloud hosting and many unrelated services but failed to actually block telegram.

>that feel when you have no friends to message

Attached: 1382311162090.jpg (400x341, 112K)

okay but why does it need a phone number

>running on proprietary servers in russia
It's banned in Russia you dumb shit.
Now delete your post again.

nice cope

Signal has been censored before many times, that's why they used domain fronting with Amazon servers.
>cant block signal without blocking half of the internet

WHY

DOES

TELEGRAM

NEED

A

PHONE

NUMBER

TO

MAKE

AN

ACCOUNT

?

Contact discovery?

Telegram is safe and worth using. The user base pretty large.

ok shill you better explain this:
>better than whatsapp
whatsapp: fully end-to-end encrypted on private and group chats, enabled by default, can't be turned off
telegram: optional end-to-end encryption for private chats, not supported on desktop, less features in secret chat

No, the protocol is Homebrew, it uses sha1 for encryption. I still prefer it over WhatsApp, Enjoy having your private keys stored literally in the cloud on Facebook servers where they can and will hand over your private keys to decrypt your shit first time they get asked.

actually, whatsapp does not upload your private key

>Whatsapp owned by Facebook
>Whatsapp end2end private keys are stored in cloud.
>Whatsapp end2end can go from phone to web browser using qr code
I'm not the shill here, you are. I don't care what you use and I'm not telling anyone to use it. I prefer it for myself, you use whatever you prefer. But whatsapp isn't secure and stop pretending it is, especially acting as if it's more secure than telegram.

SMS?

Attached: 1555534016746.png (720x812, 158K)

>Whatsapp owned by Facebook
yes, it should have never been sold
>Whatsapp end2end private keys are stored in cloud
wrong
>Whatsapp end2end can go from phone to web browser using qr code
wrong

>sha1
which is invalidated for security purposes due to hash collisions.

>Look at all these claims I pull out my arse without any sources
Both of you are fucking retarded

telegram's e2e mode sucks balls and nobody uses it. only available in mobile client, identity verification is per chat, no group chats, etc.

user just needs to do some research lole

telegram uses gcm as well, retard. it's the only real option for push notifications on android. websocket requires a persistent notification and drains battery.

>WhatsApp "end2end" stores the private keys on their servers
no it doesn't

>and telegram splits keys into two, being stored on separate servers in different countries. So even regular chats would require law enforcement to get a warrant for both servers in separate countries to get your regular chat history decrypted.
this is the stupidest shit i ever heard. people actually fall for these durov memes?

it's simple: when your phone connects to the nearest telegram server, your chats are in plaintext on that server at that point in time. ergo, only one subpoena for that server is required to access your entire chat history.

>telegram uses gcm as well, retard
except when it doesn't, dumbass.
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.telegram.messenger/
why even open your mouth when you have no fucking clue whatsoever?

fuck off, retard. learn to read, it's a fork:

>Several proprietary parts were removed from the original Telegram client,
including ... push notifications through Google Cloud Messaging.

let me spoonfeed you with the official sources since you're such a fucking waste of oxygen:

github.com/DrKLO/Telegram/blob/master/TMessagesProj/build.gradle#L17

>it's a fork
So fucking what? No one forces you to use the original one, if you like being fucked by Google, that's your retarded choice, shove your official™ sources up your ass.

NOTHING IS SAFE
EVEN THE AIR IS BOTNET
YOU'RE ALSO THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON ALIVE SO EVERY GOVERMENT AND COMPANY AROUND THE WORLD IS WATCHING JUST YOU

Every government? No.
Every company? Yes, every one that can get their hands on your data cause data mining is literally the most profitable thing going on in the tech industry in the last decade+.
And should I call an ambulance for that stroke you are having?

Phone lines are botnet. Fire a rocket.

I used my modem number, also prepaids are great. Phone number is used only on first login.

what the fuck is your point? if some retard tells me that telegram doesn't use gcm when it does (just like every single android app), i will correct them. fuck off, retard.

if i fork telegram to remove messaging from it, can i say that telegram isn't a messenger? no. idiot.

imagine trusting a website like this for news LMAO

twitter.com/snowden/status/947190333540061185?lang=en

much better tyvm

Smartphones were a mistake.

> telegram doesn't use gcm when it does (just like every single android app)
There is a fucking link that proves you wrong you shit for brains, I can't believe you're that stupid. You can install it on your phone with Google Play services and it still wouldn't use GCM for push notifications.
You're not retarded, you're literally brain dead, and I doubt you're legally allowed to touch an actual fork, let alone 'fork' something. Get the fuck out of this board before I notify your legal guardian.