Muh IPS so premium

>muh IPS so premium
>muh IPS isn't for poorfags
In reality IPS is the worst and cheapest out of the bunch. It's for literal glow niggas. Get it? IPS-glow-niggas.

Attached: ips junk.jpg (1220x915, 106K)

>1080
>Freesync
Disgusting

He doesn’t have ultrasharp. Pffft

Checked. 1080p on 24" rules

Until you actually see what IPS looks like compared to the alternative.
TNfags BTFO

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>large scale production has made a previously expensive technology accessible to the average Joe
>this is bad because of reasons

>showcasing an ancient 6bit TN screen
wew so ebic!
Why is it cheaper than TN and VA?

Attached: webthumb.png (800x455, 642K)

volume production due to high demand for IPS panels, aggressive pricing strategy to capture market share, shit man... you tell me. does it really matter?

Attached: mOq1YB0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

One on right is IPS, right?

Yes. But as you can see it's no day and night difference anymore. Until you slouch in your chair, then it's game over for TN

The difference is pretty apparent imo, even from that angle the colours are clearly better. It could just be the other monitor being a no name brand with shitty colours, I guess.

cope harder va fag
>but muh black

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

Catch me in my next thread: "I bought this super cheap IPS monitor and it looks like dogshit, wasn't IPS supposed to be better than TN?"

I mean they all use the same few panels anyway. The monitor industry is a joke atm

And yet somehow some companies like Dell always turn up with good panels with little backlight bleed and minimal motion blur, while others like Asus end up with ones that have considerable bleed, dead pixels and don't even have proper white balance set.

hasn't dell basically regressed compared to a couple years ago?

>1080p
Into the trash it goes

>1080
>ЛOC

puke

Not sure, haven't got a monitor from them in a while. I do have an Asus TN from a few years ago and the color is total ass. Then I have an Acer Predator 27" IPS 1440p Gsync one that looks great but with some backlight bleed at the bottom. And I got a cheap HP 1080p 24" IPS for my parents' PC which has a shitload of backlight bleed but apart from that looks fine - I'd probably exchange it myself but they're very happy with it so whatever.

you wish, Dell shill.
Also their ultrasharp shit is 60 hz only. Useless.

Attached: 3PvgwRd.jpg (3264x2448, 775K)

why are 1080p displays still being produced, who the fuck buys decade old technology?

>1080p
disgusting
>60 hz only

Kill yourselves dumb zoomers

1080p still reigns Supreme for everything but big TVs and graphical design/photography/art. 1440p is a dumb Reddit meme just like BenQ monitors and 4k is an utter waste.

Okay then, Acer Predator beats Dell.

High refresh rate is amazing even just for desktop. I thought it was a meme until I got one for gaming and noticed how much smoother and more responsive the desktop feels.

Depends on brand. Chi Mei is absolute garbage. Fuck Samsung for making it.
LG is good. AUO is fine too.

I'd rather have 1366*768 lg panel, than 4k ips chi Mei

4K is perfect for media. It's an exact 2x scale of 1080p and 3x for 720p. You also get way more desktop real estate if you've bought one large enough that you can use 100% scaling.

1440p is a good compromise, primarily good for gaming. It gets you more detail and less visible pixels on a medium-large screen than 1080p, but is less pixels than 4K so it takes a less powerful GPU to get you a stable 60+ fps.

I'd rather have 144 hz and 1080p any day over 1440p

>LG is good
I'll agree, with the exception of the 14" IPS 1080p panels for ThinkPad T440p. The AUO ones of those are great, but the LG ones have more motion blur and you see a visible ghost of the previous image when switching from something high contrast like text to something with a smooth medium shade like the Windows UAC darkened wallpaper screen.

I'd rather have 1440p at 144 Hz.

>AUO is fine too.

If you want a 50% chance of 20 dead pixels and dirt underneath the anti-glare coating.

OK but no graphics card can actually do that in games and the input lag is hideous if you want IPS as well (meanwhile 1 ms input lag 1080p 144 Hz IPS monitors exist)

>zoomers
I discarded pleb 1080 when you were still fucking underaged, too bad superior 1200p was deemed too expensive for shitters but remained the standard for any serious display for work
and now there is no excuse for going this low, especially at 27" even poorfags can afford 1440

144hz is absolute marketing meme with trash quality and no use, unless you pretend to be a competitive progaymer

you are genuinely retarded

Have you tried 144 Hz? Even just scrolling in browser is do much smoother

>gaming series

Attached: 1553206025931.jpg (406x429, 12K)

I have a 144 Hz 1440p Gsync IPS and a 1080 Ti. I don't get a steady 144 FPS in new games but I can usually get 100+ which is good enough for most purposes. I haven't measured input lag but I certainly don't feel any, and games feel smoother and more responsive than playing on my old 1080p 60 Hz TN.

I was thinking of getting a 4k 24" monitor and setting it at 200% scaling to match the UI of a 1080p monitor. But I figured that it'll actually look worse than the native 1080p monitor if I did that using windows scaling.

Its the main reason why I won't move above 1080p but I'd have to use windows scaling to zoom in which makes it look worse than a monitor that doesn't need to.

I've read that those 2k monitors have tiny icons and you have to go through and resize everything

24" 1080p or 27" 1440p is just around the sweet spot for me. Scaling can make things smoother if you use apps that are written to support it. If you use ones that aren't though, they get blurry or buggy.

I thinking of buying a cheap 1080p and waiting 5 years while the manufactures sort out the isp, 144mz, and 4k all in 1 monitor

+ g sync and free sync

At least 75hz is the minimum again.
I say again because my first 5:4 lcd monitor was 75hz too, and I still prefered the CRTs with absolutely no blur and better colours.

Blown highlight on the right though, but could be due to how the picture was taken.

You don't get to decide. All the good monitors are either le gaming or 60hz pro series.
If I had to edit your post I'd go like this:
>TN gaming series

OLED and other new technologies are making their way into the market. Might see some interesting new displays soon.

Attached: 20190123-01.jpg (745x463, 285K)

Let the burn in begin!

IPS has become a marketing term slapped on to move sales these days.

Sure there are good IPS panels, just like there are good panels of other types, but the shilling has become so rampant, manufacturers are just slapping the cheapest shittiest IPS panels they can find into monitors just so they can stick an IPS sticker on it and consumers lap it up like the mindless NPCs they are from all the "IPS da goodest" shilling from their favorite youtube channels.