Blood Pressure Monitoring thread

Alright lads, share your blood pressure and pressure monitoring setup.

My last cheap electronic one broke, real stethoscope is way too expensive, so in the market for a new one, amazon is filled with boomer five star reviews on shit products, don't know what the fuck to pick.

Attached: bp.png (1024x768, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beurer.com/web/gb/products/medical/blood-presure/wrist-blood-pressure-monitors/bc-28.php
livescience.com/42156-how-to-take-your-pulse.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anons don't pretend you don't have high blood pressure

>amazon is filled with boomer five star reviews on shit products
That's why you look at the most helpful critical reviews and low reviews that aren't made by retards. Every chinkshit product has hundreds of basedboys posting rave reviews with a picture of their gape-mouthed face behind the product, hours after they got it in the mail. They don't mention how most cheap shit will be useless for long-term or hard use, and how you should buy quality.

Thanks for the advice user, but there are still millions of choices and almost everything is ~10% low review

i actually have stupidly low blood pressure. if i stand up too fast, i get lightheaded and my vision fades out.

>Having shit genetics the thread

nah fuck off

Hi op! I have omron bp786n which is Bluetooth enabled.

The thing that sucks is on the client side (the app and all other apps except the now defunct Microsoft health vault) there's no easy way to manage the A/B users. You have to have two entirely different accounts.

Switching between the A/B user on each arm would provide useful information to your doctors.

Also, always keep the test procedure the same. Rest for 5 minutes prior to test. No talking. Keep head upright and arms level with chair armrests. Don't cross your legs. The first reading is usually worthless because your veins need to relax and get used to the test.

Set the reader to do 3 readings 120 seconds apart and let the system average it for you.

When I have some time I'm going to import everything into excel and manually delete the first of three for all reading sets.

Nothing beats a well calibrated manual test by a competent person.

If a nurse wants to check your BP right when you get to the doc office tell her to wait and also tell her to shut the fuck up and not ask medical history questions during the test.

Any questions?

Also, the accuracy of the test doesn't matter so much as capturing a trend. If it's +\- 5mmhg or so it doesn't matter because what you want is to catch a trend.

Look up white coat hypertension and also the more rare opposite effect (I forget the name of it).

If you are on meds make sure you are taking a twice daily dose so you can benefit from 'the dip' at night. If you've been on a valsartan drug in the past few years, enjoy your elavated risk of cancer because the jewz at teva pharmaceutical and or the idiot Indians fucked up and included carcinogens on the pharmacologically active base ingredients.

T. Not a doctor but I listen to a shit ton of cardiology podcasts.

By accuracy I mean the baseline comparison to a properly calibrated and properly administered professional testing apparatus. (Pro tip, you can buy the ones used in hospitals for like $600... Fun they charge like $200 to use one on you to get a 2 arm 2 leg test).

What's your BP, I'm curious?

Mines around 140/80 on a regular day. If I lost 20-25lbs it'd go down by about 18mmhg.

Also, op, do you want to administer a stethoscope / manual test on yourself? I wasn't aware that was possible, if it is, I'd sure as fuck be doing that myself because it is way better than the home testers.

The omron I mentioned comes with a shitty cuff but changing the cuff on the unit skews the test, in my experience.

Are you anorexic or underweight?

Have you seen a cardiologist?

Are you a runner?

>he didn't take the saltpill

Just swing by your doctor and ask how high your blood pressure is. Mine is 120/60 last time I've checked ;)

>thinks the saltpill will fix his iron deficiency
sheep

this happens to me too. i had one particular instance a few years ago where i had to go to the bathroom and i stood up too quick, and the entire few minute trip i couldn't see shit. like 95% black fuzz over my vision. guess i have low blood pressure too.

>real stethoscope is way too expensive
I bought mine for 5$, And I'm a doctor.
>blood pressure monitoring setup
Get this
beurer.com/web/gb/products/medical/blood-presure/wrist-blood-pressure-monitors/bc-28.php
It should be around 30$, maybe cheaper.
What are taking for your high BP?

Can't go wrong with Omron ones

We just get medical equipment free from the government. It is usually great quality or else people would constantly exchange it when it breaks. The government buys in bulk so it is cheaper.

Hands down the fucken weirdest /edc/ bread I've ever seen on here.

>Pfizer BPhone I got off muh GP - 140/90 haven't been on meds for years, might be time to talk to the doc again...

124/71, although I do take Ramipril, Amlodipine and Propanalol every day.

some generic cheap monitor from amazon - it does the job

No, I have the exact opposite, hypotension. I get lightheaded real quick. I only passed out once though.

I don't have it but it's matter of time because it runs on my family.

OP-s post glowing for anyone else?

Hey, do you know any heart beat rate sensor?
I want to monitor mine but in want really signals instead of some watch tier "reports"

>heart beat rate sensor?
As in ECG? or pulse rate?

Just pulees

Any pulse oximetry will do.
BTW heart rate sensor on phones works the same way the oximetry does.
Usuall it shouldn't be more that 20$.
Can I ask what for?
It's usually used to find oxygen saturation in the patient's blood, very helpful for people with COPD, if you want to know your pulse rate, just measure it yourself.
livescience.com/42156-how-to-take-your-pulse.html
If you can feel radial pulse it means your systolic blood pressure is more than 90 mm Hg.