/fwt/ - firendly windows thread

pirating windows 10 enterprise edition

Attached: Windows-10-Wallpapers-21-3840-x-2160.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/
youtube.com/watch?v=TYmSoEhJL18
youtube.com/watch?v=rusq83ETM9E
youtube.com/watch?v=IWJUphbYnpg
github.com/doitsujin/dxvk
gitlab.com/s1ave77/SVF.ISO.CONVERTER/blob/master/svf.iso.converter.aio.cmd
linustechtips.com/main/topic/956409-windows-10-ltsb-no-more-damn-updates/
torrentfreak.com/microsoft-patents-technology-to-block-pirated-content-track-repeat-offenders-170505/
youtube.com/watch?v=BBzpO2v1H4s
chocolatey.org/
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/04/improving-the-windows-10-update-experience-with-control-quality-and-transparency/
laptopmag.com/articles/upgrade-to-windows-10-free
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pirating something that's fully functional without activation and the only locked feature is dark mode

Attached: 1524926568315.png (990x1080, 738K)

Reminder that Gold Windows XP is the only acceptable version of Windows.

Attached: gold windows xp.png (1600x1200, 1.27M)

Wasn't Windows 10 free?

what if you want to use enterprise? official isos are only available through volume license, which is not available to normal consumers

Quick, whats the best way to do maintenance to a installation without formatting, i have way too many things installed and i really dont wanna format.

Attached: 1499490982980.png (466x486, 81K)

It still is if you do a W7 upgrade.

What of it? Install the ISO, done.

Tron Script

Unironically, install one of the semi-annual feature patches. It's really just a clean install that migrates your user folder and all settings to the new install, then renames the old installation Windows.old which you can then delete.

you have the shittiest taste possible in the multiverse if you genuinely like the aesthetics of this

>Install the ISO, done.
...until 90 days passed and the computer shuts down while you are using it

I use windows 10 enterprise and I hate it
random lags/hiccups (like sorting processes by network speed)
have to use browser to find and install software (what the fuck)
programs sometimes load longer than they suppose to

and I'm using 8 thread CPU with NVMe SSD
only reason for me to use windows is games, hopefully I will solve this with GPU passthrough or getting a ps5

see

SFC and dism.

the only publicly available windows 10 enterprise iso is the evaluation iso, which shits itself after 90 days after install by design

Why don't they just make Win10 free for personal use? The restrictions have to be intentionally useless.

because more people uses windows more data microshit can sell to NSA, CIA and FBI

they make 90% of their money selling the os through hardware manufacturers

It essentially is "free". 99% of computers sold are prebuilt with Windows preloaded.

>thinking this looks good
How many traumatic brain injuries have you sustained?

Yeah that's my point, why not just make it free in that case?
That's why I said personal use, hardware companies aren't going to start shipping without an OS just because it's free for the user to install.

Windows XP and everything before it looked fucking hideous, Windows 7 is ugly too but bearable.
t. zoomer

>GPU passthrough
are you stuck in 2017?
github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/
youtube.com/watch?v=TYmSoEhJL18
youtube.com/watch?v=rusq83ETM9E
youtube.com/watch?v=IWJUphbYnpg

proton is steam only

github.com/doitsujin/dxvk
wine/dxvk isn't steam only and last time i checked valve submitted their work to the project as well.

It's not though

Does grub fuck with upgrading from 1803 to 1809? Damn thing has been trying for a couple weeks but fails every time on the safeboot OS deal.

is there anyone try to use windows pe as their daily driver?

did you take a look at resource manager or task manager? that may give you some insights

I have read about that but it only makes a regular windows install a bootleg LTSB, wich its what am i running currently.

I have LTSB and no way im installing LTSC(unless i misunderstood your post), this thing has all updates installed tho.
just did that one, no errors found

Attached: 1419026381979.jpg (1000x1000, 1.24M)

>press shift 5 times quickly

are you implying that 25% of RAM usage (out of 16GB) or 5% of CPU usage could be the cause of it?
I wouldn't complain about this if it were issue with hardware and not software
try running path of exile on it or fallout 76 (don't judge)

I have currently unused win 7 key.
Can I turn it into win 10 key or do I have to install win 7 and then upgrade?

>I have currently unused win 7 key.
Can I turn it into win 10 key
probably not possible
is windows 7 upgrade still there?

Is windows10 ltsb still the best version?

how do you get them without getting viruses anyway?
>inb4 common sense™

When is the update with the light theme gonna drop!!!??

Attached: 1495518449964.gif (909x890, 501K)

all official links are in this file
gitlab.com/s1ave77/SVF.ISO.CONVERTER/blob/master/svf.iso.converter.aio.cmd

>he doesnt have access to volume licence
imagine being this much of a normie

Attached: ikj.png (258x253, 6K)

i did a fresh install with an old windows 8.0 key a few weeks ago and it worked without any issues and i also upgraded a 8.1 machine to 10 for free on the same day (you can still download the upgrade tool from the ms website).
7 keys probably work as well.

No but I thought about that, it shuts off after a certain time and may have weirdly edited executables. You could modify that/them or replace any edited files with normal ones. Or edit a normal install to only have files in PE.

>pirating windows 10
oh so you're blatantly stating you are breaking USA laws in 4channel?

That is eye cancer, then again I installed the most horrendous themes myself during that era.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/956409-windows-10-ltsb-no-more-damn-updates/
is this guide any good?

USA law does not apply in my country, you can eat a fat fucking dick amerifart.

Attached: images.jpg (279x181, 11K)

Do you guys also use KMS38 to activate the LTSC edition?

go ahead and tell us where you're from so we can cite the piracy laws there you dumb fucking cunt

except they do in 4channel kiddo, enjoy your ban

Attached: 1553346110360.jpg (1420x724, 80K)

Based and Sadeem pilled

>tfw using unactivated windows 10 as daily driver with FOS software

Attached: 1555367558259.png (1000x1000, 124K)

switzerland and before you waste your time looking up laws you don't understand, non-commercial piracy for personal use is 100% legal here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can literally enable dark mode by changing two registry entries. I'm literally using dark mode on unregistered 10 right now using that. It's a bit of a pain in the ass yeah but it's no different from Linuxfags having to wade through 10 million conf files just to configure easy shit.

be careful, because tron can be overly aggressive with some aspects of cleanup

dism can do some great things. google for "DISM++" to find a good gui for it - using the cleanup features in there saved me 10GB of winsxs bloat and i keep most of my machines extremely clean (doing the same basic tasks, no new software installs, etc)

you pay for the hardware and software if you buy a computer fucking retard

>non-commercial piracy for personal use is 100% legal here
outjewing the jews

Attached: 1554581807360.jpg (1301x890, 224K)

>Sadeem.
Pajeet.No.Just.No.
>Pic related.

Attached: pajeet.jpg (750x500, 61K)

>GPU passthrough
Please go on...
What hardware/softwares do I need for this. I want off of Windows.

i'm glad to see we yuropoor stick together like that... sharing illegal, downloading only or streaming is "don't give a fuck" zone
even tho EU started to force the "downloading is illegal" meme on its members, practically nothing changed in most countries for us peasants

>OP bumped its shitty shilling thread to hide another thread

>Windows 10 now deletes your torrents
torrentfreak.com/microsoft-patents-technology-to-block-pirated-content-track-repeat-offenders-170505/

>Technology giant Microsoft has obtained a patent to block objectionable content from being shared and to identify repeat offenders. The company mentions copyright infringement as one of the areas where it can be applied, particularly in cases where files are publicly shared. What to do with these repeat offenders remains open for debate.

Attached: IMG_8528.jpg (171x176, 5K)

>linux
>no native support for google backup and sync yet

fuck off

the point of my post was that you probably don't need a gpu passthrough to play games on linux anymore, proton/wine+dxvk should be enough in most cases. i linked both githubs in the thread, if you want to try it on your machine, make another partition on your hdd/ssd and install a linux distro for dual booting, then use proton or wine to try your games. i'm pretty sure proton is built into the steam linux client.
for an actual gpu passthrough you'll need a second gpu and a windows virtual machine running on a linux distribution.

More interested in the second part of your post. The motherboard does have onboard vidya. I also have a dedicated GPU. The informations on how to set it up though is somewhat sketchy at best. It implies that you need two physical discrete graphics cards.
>proton
I'll give this a try since I already dual boot. Thanks.

you'll probably have better luck in the friendly linux thread if you want to learn about the qemu kvm gpu passthrough stuff, i can't help you with that sorry.

You're lucky I put my glasses on bud. I almost reported you to the authorities when I thought that shortcut said Children Invaders.

Imma install a version of 1903 that was recently linked on MDL:

en_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_b980e68c.iso

wish me luck

Windows 10 LTSC 2019 is the best. Literally everything you could want in an OS without any bloat.

Aaaand it's already shit. Broken update, can't install it again and I can't open the apps and features section anymore. Jesus christ this bug is like 3 years old. Why did it return?

Is it still slower than Windows?
youtube.com/watch?v=BBzpO2v1H4s
>In this video, I will compare how The Witcher 3 performs on linux using steam play against windows. Windows has about a 25fps advantage in this clip...

Oh nevermind.

At least 1903 got something right: half of the apps that couldn't be removed in previous versions can be removed now. Though at that point might as well use LTSC.

I used the business iso (en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_37200948.iso) to upgrade yesterday, and I haven't had a single problem. So enjoy :3

>using LTSC
>not using regular Enterprise
lmao.

>have to use browser to find and install software (what the fuck)
chocolatey.org/

Attached: 1554856241256.gif (350x258, 1.55M)

hey, fwt infograph user here, i lost the source to v1.2, so i have to remake all the changes from that too for the new version, and i'm kinda short on time anyways.
lot of changes from last thread (readding win7, etc..) will be merged

Attached: 1553655462764.png (1920x7270, 1.48M)

sauce on wallpaper without windows logo?

Enjoy candy crush faggot

Currently on Win10 LTSC, Comfy Edition

1. disable internet on first install
2. remove all the garbage/run the fucking script
3. !?!?!?
4. Profit
Jfc, you people complain about all kinds of retarded shit.

I hope you enjoy staying on 1809 untill the next lts release.

Meanwhile Microsoft has just decoupled feature updates and allows you to skip it.

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/04/improving-the-windows-10-update-experience-with-control-quality-and-transparency/

Enjoy testing and reconfiguring all the devices on your network exery six mothes to get the latest version of inkpen.

I've been using this machine since update 1507 (upgraded every release) and I don't have to reconfigure or remove shit from release to release.
I don't know wtf you're even talking about.

I pirated windows 7 way back in the day and am gonna migrate to windows 10. I'm probably not going to pirate it this time. How should I buy windows? Are key sellers legit? I'm not good with computers and have been running Linux Mint as my daily driver for a few years unless I wanna play games or run some software for work.

Upgrade your pirated copy and get a legit W10 key for free. MS literally doesn't care anymore. 90% of Windows revenue is from businesses. 9% is from prebuilt consumer machines. And the last 1% is from people buying retail copies.

that's what I did but you can only upgrayd to PRO

add deezloader remix.

laptopmag.com/articles/upgrade-to-windows-10-free

there are only Home and Pro versions for consumers, you can't buy the rest normally.

You have never used an enterprise feature and never will.

Not a bad list of programs but the category names on this chart make no sense, something could be both open source software and have a paid version.

Attached: abwiypl0agi21.jpg (1136x1135, 94K)