Is a SSD the best way to make my old windows xp pc faster? It's got fairly good specs otherwise...

Is a SSD the best way to make my old windows xp pc faster? It's got fairly good specs otherwise, but start up takes ages. I want to use it for old games since windows 10 has a lot of compatibility issues.

Attached: 1489201310158.jpg (604x516, 126K)

Yes

Heyyyy smokers.

Attached: maxresdefault(3).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

> windows 10 has a lot of compatibility issues.
it's 2010+9 I think xp has a whole lot more compatibility issues than 10 but you do you.

Druaga1 here.

Since there were no good games released in the last 10 years – no.

>SSD
>XP
i think you have to use a third party tool for trim support as the os do not have it

Classic mode , disable visual enhancements

What's wrong with Sandisk SSD?

I thought xp was supposed to be fast.
Maybe you got the worms.
Install GNU+Linux.

iirc proper ssd support didn't make it to Windows until win8. What games do you play?

Attached: image.jpg (657x527, 202K)

This without TRIM and other SSD optimizations perforamce will be hurt and the SSDs life span will be reduced

Manufacturers provide utilities for their SSDs that can execute TRIM commands even in WinXP, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I just get nostalgic once in a while to play some old shit like the sims, simcity3000/4, lego island

Windows XP does not support TRIM so it will mangle and destroy your SSD.

That’s cool! I was just curious :)

nothing, i use one for 9 years straight.

Who cares about trim when you can just buy a $15 chink SSD to use for the OS drive. It'll still work fine for years.

If it's old games, use dgVoodoo or dual boot windows for wine.

Just use a disk eraser to clean free disk space by writing zeros. Its the same as trim writing zeros.

No
This and this

To add...the maximum ram supported, obviously.
Adjust audio rendering quality to fast/speed. Test a sluggish game that you just played. It will speed up games is what I've noticed.
Configuration tasks, services, graphics, etc. all the regular stuff.