What does Jow Forums think of pic related, and why is it the best language?

What does Jow Forums think of pic related, and why is it the best language?

Attached: java250.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

graalvm.org/
quarkus.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=bwQl73KgS1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Superseded by C#.

I must be honest and say that C# is indeed a better Java. However Java has probably the best tooling of every existing language: IDEs, free libraries, tutorials, building tools, etc. And finally getting a job in Java is kinda easy.

jobs

POO

Best job opportunities.
People like to say its shit because they think its a cool thing to do. Java serves a purpose. Turning down a well paying job because you think a language is ugly isn't a valid reason. I earn £110k a year and I'm remote. Ignore the haters and just learn Java.

Lmfao @ the paid C# shills on this board.

Tell me again, who uses .NET Core except for Bing and Stackoverflow? That's right, nobody.

Java is a solid language, it works and is backwards compatible.

>However Java has probably the best tooling of every existing language: IDEs, free libraries, tutorials, building tools, etc
I never write C# or used visual studio in your life didn't you

Attached: 4441bd32cd41d2d26d9aaaeb28042d3e.jpg (407x521, 32K)

Anyone who is into Java or learning Java should also check this out:
graalvm.org/
quarkus.io/

Because it led to kotlin

Based
Cringe, my office uses exclusively .NET
The only reason to use Java now is for interop with ancient programs. C# does everything Java does and more.

Pls do the needful and uncord Ethernet

Let me guess, you run on windows?

Kotlin is nice but I definitely don't think it's a necessity. I've used it for a couple of months and yes, it makes some things easier but it also comes with problems because I use jlink a lot. For someone who has been programming in Java for a long time, the real world amount of time you save by programming in Java is not significant (at least imo). Still, it's a nice language that enables you to make use of the Java ecosystem.

Sorry but the C# ecosystem is a joke. A couple of months ago I wanted to write a wrapper for .NET Core and a shit ton of libraries (especially cryptographic ones) are not existing for .NET Core.
There's no doubt that the Java Ecosystem is vastly superior so your only argument could be the language itself just in case you're a brainlet but since Kotlin and Scala exist, that argument doesn't really cut it.

It's a solid language where it's sensible to use however I wouldn't call it the best language. I wouldn't call any language the best anyway, they all have different use cases. Just pick the language that is suited for the task at hand.

everybody type in chat, OP is a fucking POO

Good luck making anything more than an email server in C# LMFAO

This.

>my office uses it
To interact with Windows systems and do some very small business shit. Yawn.

Very unpleasant, not fun, and rots people's brains.
Use clojure

>All this Java Shills

C# is objectively better and with net-core it will explode in popularity in the next years

>net-core it will explode in popularity in the next years
haha, people have been saying this for years and still there are basic libraries missing.

Even if "c# is better" than Java.. it's not better than Kotlin.

>Kotlin

Literally who

I'm sorry but net-core will never "explode in popularity". Wake me up when you have the equivalent of the Apache foundation and its suite of libraries available to the dotNet community.

It's an objectively inferior language. Has a great amount of support and framework, but the language itself was born with glaring flaws and has struggled to keep up with advancements.

Don't get me wrong, you can use it without too much problem. It's certainly no Javascript in terms of fundamentally flawed. But if the voodoo-ass anotation tools designed around making Java's broken idioms work with modern practices were not so janky to use with other modern languages that don't have the same broken idioms, no one would use Java except for the pathologically crippled.

>Libraries

Fucking learn to code retards

>learn to code
Imagine being this fucking retarded. Being a coder doesn't mean you're a mathematician or cryptographer.

>Fucking learn to code retards
Yeah dude I'm just going to "learn to code" and create Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Zeppelin, and a shit load of other tools by myself. Fucking lmfao.

>but the language itself was born
It wasn't born with flaws. It's just become old. If you really need new fancy features, why not use Kotlin or Scala.

People forget that Java has to say backwards compatible (which is a great thing about Java). That's why some things like functions can't be implemented in a way you want them to be implemented.

>Being a coder doesn't mean you're a mathematician or cryptographer.
Are we talking about Python or Java right now, because nowdays except for dinosaur code everyone uses Java for...android apps and eneterprise shit for stupid suits i guess?

You do realize that most backends are still written in Java right? And no, nodejs is only being used for shit like landing pages and smaller APIs.

Amazon, Google, Netflix etc..

Ironic when you said Netflix when they use a lot of Node, also i said except for dinosaur code.

You don't need an API for a landing page you fucking idiot

>dinosaur code
They're literally building new code bases on Java every single day. I went to Expedia recently and they desperately need Java developers for their new projects. All these big companies do.

user the chance anyone here will work at Google etc. that is under 25 is probably like 1/1000000 and by the time they get old and good/experienced enough to actually work there they will probably use fucking rust or some other new shit

>they use a lot of Node
They only use node for their landing pages you fucking moron. They are HEAVILY using Java. Do you even know it was netflix who created RxJava?

I said landingpages AND smaller APIs. Learn to motherfucking read you nigger.

I work at Boeing (though not FAANG is still fairly relevant). It's not hard to believe, these companies hire kids straight out of college.

ever noticed that OOP reversed is POO? lmao

Why are Javatards and C#tards fightning? They are the same shit, you know one you know the other

This is a very important point to understand. Most backend is still done in Java or JVM languages. The rest is some python, ruby, and go making headway in that field.
Love it or hate it, that's the state of things.

>Go
Never ever faggot, dead and buried

The state of things for backend for new companies is Node nu-php or net core you fucking fossil

imagine being this retarded

>Love it or hate it, that's the state of things
I didn't make the rules user.
It's mostly people dissatisfied with Java and wanting better performance than what the JVM can give.
Also, when businesses want to upgrade their services from Python to a real language which can do threads properly, looks like Go is on the table now
>Fossil
Is that why your plays with my bone?
Maybe for companies which don't work at actual scale, but when you handle millions of events per minute, or have to serve monstrous amounts of data, these languages won't cut it.
AFAIK real companies keep Node for server side rendering, that's it.
Besides, do you want FE monkeys writing your BE?

>no generics
>good
lmao

>Good luck making anything more than an email server in C# LMFAO
couldn't get more comfy imagining this

so much stuff at google is written in java that will probably never be migrated because there is way too much code
>source: I work at google

Nigger faggot look at the graphs and stats NOBODY FUCKING USES GO

>Java is good because people used it years ago so a fuckton of things is built on this bloated heavy mess!

Kill yourselves faggots

Java itself was shit, but it was designed to be shit. Literally, it was developed by competent engineers to be used by complete retards, which is why it took off in the business sector, since it makes hiring much easier and cheaper. So it's not really fair to criticize it on this basis since it was made for it.

The JVM is pretty interesting though, since it's portable and some non-shit languages run on it.

>Good luck making anything more than an email server in C# LMFAO

Attached: 1522044731375.jpg (1424x842, 195K)

Nu-C# and nu-.NET is objectively superior than Java in literally fucking every way

Springboot JPA + Hibernate is preddy comfy

boomers fighting over which 30-year-old language is better, while every other major corporation in the world is switching to javascript

C# is unironically younger than JS

>any language that isn't JS is literally a depiction of a 20 year old balding man

>no pass by reference
pass

Just pass an array lmao

HTML/CSS/JS/PHP for the web.
Java for android phones.
C# for video games thanks to Unity.

Fact.

React Native and Ionic run better than native Android Applications

It strikes the best balance between features, libraries, tooling, documentation, and community. It's got a low barrier to entry for anything you could want to do, there's a variety of vendors supporting different JVM builds, and its standard libraries and frameworks are shepherded by professional adults from large corporations or responsible software foundations. Java popularized a ton of features that many other languages all do better in some ways, but they lack the momentum and scale of Java's community.

C# is great to write and it's got a great IDE, but the language was behind Microsoft's walled garden for ages and there's barely anyone working on its libraries and 3rd party frameworks and tools compared to Java. JavaScript and Python are easy to get into and there's tons of libraries, but they're all maintained by a bunch of children with no vision or organization.

It's the Thinkpad of languages in every way.

Oof, that's so wrong it hurts.
HTML/CSS/JS for frontend webshit, sure
But 90% of good backends of large scale corporations and startups are written in Java. Google, Amazon, netflix, Alibaba, Siemens, SAP, Mastercard, etc

For android I'd rather use something like flutter unless you really need something java/kotlin specific

Game dev with unity is pretty shit, but it works. UE is better though.

Also whenever someone says that people use node.js for backend you can safely ignore them, they are a clueless noob whose company likely has less than 1000 customers

>DUDE POOP LMAO
underage retard

Comfy as fuck language once mastered but pretty hard to master in an Enterprise level.
I'm learning It for the past months and i'm not even touching the surface. Java ecosystem is pretty overwhelming.

Thing is, Springboot is too massive for personal projects/small-medium ones. I feel i Will only truly learn Spring If i work with It someday.

I use React Native and you basically need Java to do anything related to monetization.

youtube.com/watch?v=bwQl73KgS1g