Never Obsolete™

Never Obsolete™

Attached: 51WP93Z8bML._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hjvKgj3Kb3o
youtube.com/watch?v=tQd4SmXz4r4&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no SSE4.1 or 4.2 support
Officially obsolete in 2019.

No SSSE3 too, It was obsolote by 2017.

Why should I care about gaymer shit only relevant in zoomerware?

Attached: Screenshot_20190420_123500.png (1345x794, 302K)

Ironically, by making that statement, displaying your deep ignorance of what instruction sets are and proudly posting your custom Google results full of gaymershit, you're exposing yourself as the retarded zoomer.

The idea that somebody who does any serious work on their computer would be using a Phenom II is fucking hilarious too. People didn't even use them for that when they came out, because they were dog shit compared to Intel HEDT. In fact, it was retarded gaymers on a budget that primarily bought them, which I guess explains why you own one, huh?

Attached: dog.jpg (400x339, 35K)

They're basically at the end of the rope for anything past light browsing and MS Office tasks.
A friend of mine got one (free) a while back and I slapped a 660Ti in it. It runs Overwatch, GTA Online, and a few other games at 1080p, but like.. barely.

It is obsolete, unfortunately.
My dad has Phenom II x4 in his laptop, and it is still working, but modern i3s have similar performance for a fraction of TDP. Well, it was a good CPU, 10 years and still capable of running most modern software relatively well

Still rockin my OC'ed Phenom 2x4 955 BE @3.6

Attached: groyp.png (512x451, 155K)

Actually fucking based and redpilled

Attached: 1547405897008.png (1712x284, 24K)

It was already obsolete back when I upgraded to a 4690k

>When you have full SSE4 instructions, run cool, and aren't a fucking botnet

Attached: amd-fx-logo-100729223-large.jpg (700x478, 38K)

This CPU was good for like a decade what else do you want

Runs TW3 on high settings perfectly on 1080p, 60hz what the fuck are you talking about ?

>when you where a massive peice of shit and sunk amd along with rtg for 8 years
Fuck you bulldozer faggot fuck anyone that bought those shit cpus
I had a xbox one and several a6 systems (still have them) and it's the worst CPU amd ever made hell it might be the worst CPU made period right up there with the pentium 4 house fire netburst shit
So fucking glad I skipped it and got a 2700x

>he doesn't know that bulldozer outperforms sandy vagina bridge since devs started to add multi thread support to their shit
Imagine being this retard

>Tfw have an FX-9590 in my closet that will do 5.5GHz at 1.5v prime95 stable
>Tfw no motherboard to pair it with because original board died in a flood
>Tfw all half way decent used boards on eBay are $200+

Fug.

Attached: UKG1FKZ.jpg (542x675, 49K)

>I never need any processing power
>Never Obsolete (tm)

Attached: 4tard.jpg (2272x1704, 558K)

whaty do you actually do with your CPU OP?
downloading and jerking it to cartoons doesnt count.

Here are the salty bullshit dozer cunts
Your still defending that trash that found its niche in apus consoles and low power laptops? Why? It literally killed the company
Huh the fuck are you talking about every high end bulldozer sucks complete clocks and is a house fire that barely beat core 2 quads back in the day let alone 1st gen i7s
I should know I had a 920 that shat on a 8350 and up
Get Zen 2

Still rolling with this baby. I don't play new games. Hell the newest game I play is UT 2K4. Only really demanding task is the occasional video encode job. For what I do this ain't obsolete by a long shot. This model is the 95w variant btw.

Attached: Speccy.jpg (894x588, 239K)

>back in the day
Try some reading comprehension you stupid nigger. I said that since devs stopped being lazy bulldozer shits on your contemporary incel cpu's. Piledriver completely owns sandy bridge overpriced garbage on modern software.

Sure I "could" upgrade. But aside from blowing a shit pot full of money for what I do I'd see no gain from it. Unless busting 1000 fps in UT 2k4 counts, and doing it just for that, well is just retarded and dumb. Or if you like keeping 100+ tabs open (I don't).

Pic related is the new i7 920 2600k
Consoles will keep Zen 2 going for a decade
OK show me proof
>my outdated shit is faster than your outdated shit
Who the fuck cares?

Attached: images-33.jpg (425x371, 20K)

go download and play apex legends OP

>Jow Forums pretends to hate games
>use games as parameter to rate CPUs
top kek. I still haven't read any mention to a software which isn't a game in this thread

Thing is also, how about older games? Single core performance is king if you play older games. FX really blew it with this compared to Phenom II. Same applies with new cpu's. You play older games, ok, you blow money to get a new intel/amd chip. Your photoshop and video crunching is being done faster by leaps and bounds. Your single core gaming experience? Well let's say it falls flat. Jerky play, shuddering,etc compared to older cpu which played them all with zero issues. Congrats; You've gained some and lost some on this deal. Instead of gaining all the way around. You've now forced to comprise; which you do take? The faster video/Photoshop times and the lack of playing your games. Or keeping your old cpu and play your games flawlessly and have slightly more time to do video/photo shop work.

>software
you mean like.. steam?
or discord?

>Of course I only use processors with Maximum control™

Attached: 1554605743730.jpg (884x1200, 156K)

Prob cause let's face it; using an 8 core chip to just run Office is way over kill. Let's hope they never bump up office to the point that's a requirement. Shit's bloated enough as it is.

is it true that a phenom ii x6 is faster than a fx 8xxx?

yes, higher IPC

Nice bait.

Depends. Single core performance, Yes. Multi thread no. So you need to decide which tasks take priority; if you play older games then the Phenom wins. If you do strictly video work or don't play single core type games then the FX wins. But the video crunch times on a 955 aren't bad.

Am4 provides a comfy upgrade path.

>be running Phenom II X4 945
>decide to try FX-4170
>clocks 1GHz faster but nothing runs any faster
This is how I learned about IPC.

Yup. In fact the FX-4170 would lose most of the time to a Phenom II chip. I can't believe there are people out there who still defend FX.

youtube.com/watch?v=hjvKgj3Kb3o

Yeah, that shit pushed me to Haswell until this day. If Zen 2 flops, it's going to be Intel's next generation for quite awhile for me. Don't give a fuck about companies or politics. I just want results.

I'm not one of those AMD hype trainers but the chances of Zen 2 flopping are pretty much 0. There's no way AMD would put themselves in a Bulldozer situation again. The FX era was truly misery.

Glad to see Jow Forums has a few that aren't complete shills.

The fuck are you on about?
4ghz+ sc is fast as fuck for older games

Its slower than core 2 kek. It's shit.

>measuring perf in GHz
>not knowing what IPC is
Try putting that FX-9590 against a 9900K. They both turbo at 5GHz and have the same number of cores, but one is going to run like shit by comparison.

And my 2700x beats the shit out of anything incel has made since the 7000 series what's your point?

Imagine 6 phenom cores matching 8 FX cores in multithread even at LOWER frequencies lol

Attached: Cinebench_R115_02.jpg (700x500, 34K)

I think you just made my point again.

>tfw a 2700X can't even match Intel's first 8 core from 2014

Attached: image.jpg (1136x640, 87K)

Athlon X4 760k checking in.

Overclocked at 4.3Ghz for the past 6 years and still swinging that Richland dick around. Just got her a Dark Rock 4 this month so that I could have a bit better aesthetic.

>clocked 10% higher = 10% faster
Wow nice graph moron so many people have 480hz monitors to take advantage of that fps... Wait
Who the fuck plays csgay anymore?
2700x is the perfect 4k CPU hence why Zen 2 is gonna kill incel

Don't reply to shill posters. Next he'll post 720p csgo benchmarks as more "evidence"

SSE isnt required for a game. Most devs use this so people don't use old af cpus to play current games. I remember trying to play the RE7 demo and my Phenom II X4 965 BE wouldn't run, a few days later they patched it and the game runs like a charm.

This.
4k 100fps is fine for me
I don't play esports shit so 7ms is beyond good

how retarded is buying a 2x Xeon X5675 workstation alongside a 1070 Ti in the year of our Lord 2019

Attached: 1420589380384.jpg (500x373, 30K)

Thank god microsoft paid a lot of money for the unified shader architecture land first in the XBox 360 and if wasn't for the custom ship deal with MS and Sony AMD would never ever had made Zen.

For what reason? An R7-2700X would be far superior and require a lot less power.

for how much?

>developers have to patch "modern" (modern ten years ago) instruction sets out of their games and reduce performance to accomodate fags who can't let go of their obsolete CPU
How does it feel to be the cancer killing PC gaming?

Attached: special boy.jpg (600x600, 32K)

I wish, but the R7-2700X would cost more than the workstation. It has a good PSU, a boatload of RAM, and a Quadro 4000 (to have as a spare, as I work in CAD).

I wonder whether the CPU's will keep up.

>for how much?
£250 for the desktop, and £250 for the card.

Devs should just write unbloated code

You're a fucking retarded fanboy. The entire point of that benchmark was to show that Ryzen can't even keep up with the 5960X. No one ever said that 404 frames per second wasn't playable. Also, I love how when Ryzen loses, AMDrones resort to blaming the game and not the CPU. And lastly, the 2700X is not the "perfect 4K CPU". It's even possible for Intel to squeeze out a few extra frames at 4K, therefore it's not perfect.
Calls me a shill for posting a benchmark. It's clear who the real shill is.

More like you should buy a real PC

t.shill

Already upgraded the ol' core2quad *sip* with a 2700x and a rx 580

You're a shill for thinking Incel's jewery, security flaws, and nuclear heat is worth getting more FPS when AMD's chips can run it way past 240fps. It's grasping at straws so you can please your Jewish masters. Fuck off retard.

Lmao the AMDrone is raging. You have a low IQ mentality and are clearly emotionally attached to AMD. I don't give a fuck about any of these companies. I just want the fastest shit and AMD can't keep up with 5 year old tech.

And nuclear heat? Like Vega? Oh wait, when AMD makes housefires it all of a sudden is okay.

>I just want the fastest shit and AMD can't keep up with 5 year old tech.
intel can't surpass 5 year old tech either *dab*

Daily reminder that for 144Hz, Intel is the only option.

Attached: Ryzen 1440p Bottleneck.png (2560x1440, 3.34M)

This graph actually sums up the situation well. It shows the intel bias many, especially old and poorly coded games like CS has. It also shows how useless it is in the real world, where 400 vs. 520fps does not matter.

And of course, it's a intel CPU that still costs more than the 2700x even years later, and current gen intel 8c chips would still be $800-1000 if ryzen didn't have 8 decent cores. No mention of the fact that the 5960x is a 250-300w housefire at 4.6 while the 2700x is a cool 105w at stock speed (same speed as the OC).

Sounds great for everything except gaymes.

>I just want the fastest shit
post proof of your 9900k OC and titan then

Is a "poorly coded game"? Also, are you going to say that 126 fps vs 156 fps does not matter?

Attached: chrome_2019-04-20_23-04-26.png (722x112, 12K)

You just proved my point. Ryzen is bottlenecking the fuck out of that 2080 Ti.

Man isn't Ryzen so amazing, AMDbros! It can turn an RTX 2080 Ti into an RTX 2070!

Attached: Ryzen Bottleneck.png (2560x1440, 3.51M)

>$500 cpu
>$200 cooler
>$1000 GPU
>Playing in 1080p

>Sounds great for everything except gaymes.
Well that sucks, because I bought it for gaymes.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kuma Miko - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.30_[2016.05.02_18.40.51].jpg (1280x720, 58K)

>Blaming the resolution and not the CPU
Man, AMDrones will literally blame anything other than the CPU. Imagine defending a company this hard.

Low IQ mongrel brought up GPUs when the discussion is about CPUs. Vega runs way cooler with an UV btw. Same thing with Polaris. Im sure if AMD takes shortcuts that results in millions of security flaws, they can match whatever obscene FPS you want your 720p games to run at. Fucking retard.
Why do you need to run games above 480p anyway?

user, none of those are Construction cores. They're Cat cores.

Attached: 1516290255622.jpg (552x661, 71K)

R7-1700X and 2080Ti owner here. You're damned straight there's a bottleneck. I bought gen1 Ryzen on launch day, so the only Intel option at the time was the 7700k. That said, I'm waiting on 7nm Ryzen to see what it brings in hopes that it removes the bottleneck entirely. If not I'll be buying whatever Intel's offering is.

However I play at 1440p on a high refresh rate monitor and just set the frame lock to 120 since my 2nd monitor is 60HZ.

There's no CPU in existence that doesn't bottleneck a 2080 Ti at 1080p. Or a 2080 for that matter. Digital Foundry found when the 1080 Ti came out that even an Intel chip at 5GHz couldn't power it at 1080p, making it the first card ever that's literally too fast for 1080p. And yet you still have retards wasting their money on them rather than upgrading their monitor.

BUT user YOU DON'T GET IT. I NEED TO DRIVE MY 240HZ MONITOR FOR CS:GO ON LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS LIKE A TRUE PRO GAMER.

Thanks for not being a childish fanboy who can't admit that there's a gaming deficit with Ryzen.
>There's no CPU in existence that doesn't bottleneck a 2080 Ti at 1080p. Or a 2080 for that matter.
True. But the bottleneck is much more severe with Ryzen CPUs. A 9900K will still bottleneck a 1080 Ti, 2080 and 2080 Ti at 1080p. But it spits out much more frames.

>But the bottleneck is much more severe with Ryzen CPUs

Attached: 3Vv2G6v.png (1336x556, 10K)

I'm not saying Ryzen hits the same fps as Intel's. I'm saying that it doesn't matter because both can hit high enough framerates for 99% of games. Incel shills always post cherry picked examples at obscene framerates.

Imagine being this much of an Intel shill. "It's fine when Intel is a bottleneck for a gpu that's too fast doe 1080p!!!"

>serious work requires big processors

top kek faggot, phenom II w/ a gpu runs autocad , photoshop, etc fine

Not an argument.
There are many cases where Ryzen can't hit 144 fps, even at 1440p high settings on a 1080 Ti. Ryzen can't hit high enough frame rates for "99% of games". See you AMD shill.
Imagine being this much of an AMDrone. When Ryzen bottlenecks, the bottleneck is severe. When Intel bottlenecks, it's spitting out sufficient frames.

Video proof: Ryzen Gen 1 and GTX 1060 Enough for 144-165hz?: youtube.com/watch?v=tQd4SmXz4r4&t=

AMDrones are so easy to debunk.

>run cool
That's not ryzen

>Cherry picking shitty unoptimized games to protect your pozzed nuclear reactor.

LMAOing @ ur lyfe

>When Ryzen has a problem it is severe. When Intel has a problem, it's still sufficient.

Bottlenecking a GPU not meant for 1080p is fine. Ryzen bottlenecks GPUs that are meant for 1080p. You probably didn't watch the video because you're afraid of facts.

Yeah anything than FX-8000 series was a downgrade to a Phenom II x4. And even that was more of a sidegrade. FX-4000 cpus could maybe compete with Athlon II x2 but not a full blown quad Phenom.

Imagine the look of horror on faces of people who would be stupid enough to replace a x6 Thuban with any FX CPU. Not even the chernobyl reactor tier FX 9000 CPUs could compete with Phenom II x6

>FX-8350
>downgrade
The ipc is barely worse than a phenom II X4 when your os switches to one core per CU, and FX clocks sky high.

I had the FX-8350 at launch with the Asus Crosshair V. Being able to turn off one core per CU actually really helped certain games. I was able to get 5.9GHz clocked on 2 cores by tuning stuff off lol.

>reading comprehension
a'aight m8

Nobody cares about Intel pozzed housefire garbage.

Attached: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.jpg (1166x910, 144K)

Oh look, a hurrdurr INTELBAD bandwagoner.

The shilling ITT is unbearable. Yes, intel is the best for high refresh rate. This is just two niches though: Very high end systems, where money is no object yet opt for ≤1440p, and esports/autismos who play 1080 low settings for maximum fps. For everyone else, this doesn't matter.

This is where the deception happens. If you aim for the mid-end, or very high end(4k) it's not even a reliable measure of future gaming performance. Furthermore, games for benchmarks are picked because they show a difference between CPUs. There are tons of games that aren't playable at 144fps by any CPU, because games aren't made for it. And of course, almost everyone is working with a budget. Yet, cherry picked benchmarks are posted as if it's a reason to buy a specific brand.

We all know which one of the two will be on the top in the end
>*laughs in hebrew*

>9900K creates ridiculous heat and competes with 2700X while costing double the money
>Intel hatred is a bandwagon

>9900K creates ridiculous heat and competes with 2700X
Reality perception of an AMDrone.

It doesn't compete in high refresh gaman. See