Does Manjaro actually break on updates or is it just Arch shills trying to sabotage its popularity?

Does Manjaro actually break on updates or is it just Arch shills trying to sabotage its popularity?

Attached: manjaro-logo.png (460x460, 84K)

I'm sure you can figure out this one

Attached: average_archfag.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

Manjaro is theoretically more stable than arch since its packages are reviewed along with all other packages that are updated instead of individually
but i wouldnt know ive only ever used arch

It's manjaro shills trying to sabotage arch's popularity you big silly.

I'm using the same openbox install from whenever it was Manjaro started, must be at least 4/5 years by now. You fucks are so stupid, try it and if it ain't for you go try something else.

In 8 months, the only issue I had was doing an upgrade when the kernel I was using was removed from the repos and ended up with some sync issues with the nvidia packages

I had the same issue. Pissed me off to no end. This was back in the early days of Manjaro, looks like they haven't smartened up.

Void Linux doesn't have this issue.

When will people learn that Debian and Void are the best werks distros? They're both so easy to maintain that sometimes it gets boring.

Manjaro is the only distro I've ever used that "just works" it also looks great by default, is customizable, and has a great package manger. Give it a try OP.

Neither of those work oob

Anything that you think is bad about Arch is at least as bad in Manjaro.

as an ubuntu shill, manjaro absolutely does break on updates.

Manjaro, like several linux distributions, does not come with the firewall enabled by default.

but why?

I'm about a month in with no issues. I'm distro bouncing right now though. I'd rate it a solid "better than most" in terms of software setup and updates.

>Debian doesn't work out of box
Sure thing kid.

I don't give two shits about arch, or any other distro, now I'm running w10. the reason for this is that 6 yrs ago manjaro released an update that broke fucking everything.

desu i would have kept on using linux or even manjaro but the "community" is motherfucking annoying, bunch of shitfucking fanboys

Once every few years Arch/Manjaro will have an update which requires manual user actions (usually changing a .conf file or something.) This is inevitable with any rolling distro.
Read the release notes, and follow instructions. If you are unable to do this, best install something else.

Attached: archcuck.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

>the "community" is motherfucking annoying, bunch of shitfucking fanboys.
This is hilariously true. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about either.

Manjaro broke on me.
Arch never did.

100% arch shills

void is literally just shitty arch

manjaro has been fine for me except for baloo-file being the biggest piece of shit ever. and then the usual issues i have with any distro

muh systemd
muh gnu bloat libc
mmmuhhhhh

muh brony devs
muh pokeball symbol
muh non systemd distro
mmuuuuhhhhh

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

no not really, Manjaro just holds Arch packages back for a few weeks for no particular reason
Arch maintainers do enough testing as it is

You don't need firewall if you're running linux. Virus won't infect you.

>Arch maintainers do enough testing as it is
>Running a cronjob and publishing the package automatically if there are no compile errors is "testing"

I had an update break my display a few weeks ago (black flickering screen, had to add a few lines in Xorg config files to fix it).
And when I installed it with full disk encryption, for some reason swap didn't work until I added it manually to mapper.
And for some reason when I turn on the computer, sound doesn't work until I suspend it and wake it up.
And fucking plasmashell keeps eating 200% CPU the moment I lock the screen and doesn't stop until I kill it.
It's clearly not a "just werks" distro.

yea its unstable

in one of my computers kde flickers like crazy and the menus dont upgrade

i just went to debian instead, for the stability
hadnt tried archlinux itself, it may be better