Reviving an old Sony ericson walkamn w200i

I know i know this kind of thread should belong in /wsr/ but there is no one in there, so i guess i'll post it here

Look im trying to revive my 10 year old phone (Sony ercison walkman w200i) (to use it as an emergency phone), but when i use a modern SIM (the white one) card, its says "insert correct SIM card".

in the other hand, when i use the old one (the blue one) all goes flawesly, but it says that the SIM is inactive,

The questuon is, how can i use this phone in this modern age?

>IB4 just buy just buy a new you spic fuck

Attached: f9e1a1b5-7b89-4f84-8c5a-3fdf1d971bcd.jpg (584x1040, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

personas.entel.cl/PortalPersonas/appmanager/entelpcs/personas?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P27400158301323871643106
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>insert correct SIM card

Attached: efc1ac9d-d85f-4f46-9100-c04d245bea86.jpg (584x1040, 43K)

>SIM card Inactive

Attached: 7a7dcc8d-151b-4c76-bc12-d1d170b31bac.jpg (584x1040, 53K)

Probably it's carrier locked.

Woh man i still have my Sony erickson W810i probably the best sony phone. It's eating dust right now maybe i will revive it thanks yo this thread.

seems like the phone is carrier locked, but for your fortune i remember that these things used to be super easy to unlock, i remember that all you needed was a program called setoollite or something like that, USB cable and a zip file
you had to flash the file, i use to do all crazy shit with it like changing the walkman player skin, the audio setting and even changing the battery color, i think the forum where you could find all these stuff doesnt exist but try looking up on the internet, its been a decade since i mod a sony ericsson, i honestly miss those days

Oh hey I do have one of those, still works though the battery's fucked. Aand yeah phones used to be carrier locked a lot back then. There were huge communities built around patching and improving the firmware of SE phones, though I'm afraid most of forums and stuff are gone by now.

Look for setool/lite like said.

Also those phones used a proprietary Sony Ericcson USB cable so if you don't have one you're fucked. Well you can ghetto rig it with wires but lets not get ridiculous

give it back José

Have you verified that this phone is compatible with current cellular networks in your intended area of use?

still have it

Attached: b32640f7-f8a6-4f52-85a8-4c85f94c5aa6.jpg (584x1040, 55K)

then google setool/setoollite/setool2lite and simlock removal. I can't really help you more as I haven't used one for like 7-8 years

apparently this phone uses GSM SIM cards, but i don't know if there are still on use

country?

It's carrier locked.

Seems like Chile.

My guess is argentina

I'm Argentinian, and unlocking your phone is super easy here.
As long as it's at least 2 years old, you can go to the carrier that the phone is locked to and request an unlock code free of charge.

op here

chile

Bro, check. 2G is EoL in developed countries.

personas.entel.cl/PortalPersonas/appmanager/entelpcs/personas?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P27400158301323871643106
use that site to unlock the phone. You're done.

Chili isn't a developed country.

Ya se wachin no me expliques a mi

Maybe OP didn't know, it wasn't meant for you.

I hated that retarded wonky fuck, I loved my Walkman w something something until the 3.5mm adapter dongle broke