Anyone else here fucking hate laptops?

Anyone else here fucking hate laptops?

Not only is it extremely expensive to get anything remotely nice, they are a pain in the ass to carry around everywhere and usually require a bag of some sort. They are uncomfortable to use and posture killing. Most of them are also virtually un-upgradeable.

Attached: 5ipi2euok5m01.jpg (2560x1440, 461K)

Yeah I have a way easier time carrying my desktop around

>[...] usually require a bag of some sort
whereas desktop computers, as everyone knows, don't require, in order to be carried around.. right retard?

i love my x220, and theres literally no reason to upgrade it.

You would carry around your desktop you sperglord.

Desktop computers aren't meant to be portable.

Have sex

I have that exact laptop, it was 700 gbp with a mouse included. At home I have it plugged into an external monitor, obviously that isn't possible e.g. when doing uni work

Attached: 027 (1).png (1000x1000, 137K)

I've worked on thousands of laptops in my day

so yes.

Attached: 1472365653541.png (576x699, 194K)

Laptop keyboards suck and touchpads destroy your posture and wrist. There's no proper way to ever use those that doesn't cause harm.

I've never had a private laptop, I've got one from work but I always connect it to monitor/mouse/keyboard, I only ever use it as an actual laptop during meetings so I can continue coding/chatting.

> using touchpad and not nipple/clit
> not owning a thinkpad with glorious keyboard

i like my x200s because i paid $40 for it and it does what a portable computer should do (light computer stuff while away from the desktop). i can see how people paying $1000+ for a laptop might have some regrets about the purchase

Nipples are amazing and I hate how they're not the standard. Also my work laptop is a macbook, didn't have much choice there.

>Not only is it extremely expensive to get anything remotely nice,
wrong
>they are a pain in the ass to carry around everywhere
Only if you are a fucking epic gamer NEET, there are plenty of small laptops but they're not gonna have discrete GPUs, so you don't get to waste time playing Sekiro while on vacation or whatever. Fortunately, there are better things you can do.
>They are uncomfortable to use
Maybe
>and posture killing.
Not if you sit right
>Most of them are also virtually un-upgradeable.
Only if you buy shitty consumer crap, most business laptops are in fact upgradeable.

t. gayming laptop manchild
ultrabooks are all you need, fuck discrete graphics on laptops

Attached: image.jpg (814x500, 221K)

I have a Surfacebook that my girlfriend financed on her Best Buy card just before she went psychotic and did some very bad things.

I still have my laptop and I love it. I use it 10 hours a day. Sometimes I sit in a chair, sometimes I lay in bed. Today I took it with me to the park and worked on my word wrap C project meanwhile throwing the ball for my dog. Very comfy.

I am too poor to afford a lifestyle that includes a desk so I need a laptop.

Also the battery lasts all day on one charge. Easily. So there's that.

I felt like that at first but you get used to it. Only thing that sucks massively is the screen.

my 2013 macbook that i got for 230$ has been serving me well. in terms of a bag i usually carry a backpack with water or w/e anywhere i go anyway so if i have to i just throw it in there. os x blows though, install gentoo.

I love my laptop, I use it for super basic stuff though; it's a fold around so I use it as a huge tablet sometimes, and I do all my word processing on it, plus I have notepad++ set up on it to test minor scripts and what not

I need a new laptop any suggestions?
I'm leaning towards a VR ready laptop because my gf said she's getting me valve index for my birthday

Laptops just seem uncomfortable and wear-prone. I'd never spend more than $400 on a Laptop, it just seems like a huge waste like spending $700 on a Bike that you leave out in the rain. And I want/need more than $400 worth of power. When I travel I don't want to take my work with me; a phone / tablet is more than enough.

So it's not so much that I hate laptops as that I have no use for them.

>he doesn't have a garage

Attached: 1554305554947.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Me. I used a laptop for almost a decade and I am sick of them. I can't stand the small cramped screen, the throttled components, the scorching back plate and the fragility of the whole thing.

There are no covered bike lockers around my work.

unpopular opinion, but I really like my Surfacebook2. i have the base model. it truly is overpriced at a little over $1000. it has a very premium feel/build. it also runs very well, and the batter lasts forever. the screen is great and I actually do use the stylus on it sometimes. the keyboard is the best out there (that I've tried), and everything just werks. i've never had a single crash in over six months.

i can't recommend it, though. it can't be upgraded and it's rated very poorly for repairs.

i would like to get my hands on an upper-end thinkpad and a matebook to test the feel/keyboard/trackpad. i only have 8 gb of ram, and while it's fine I'd prefer 16 gb.

the only laptop i've seen that's as nice as the surfacebook is the thinkpad, but the screen is noticeably worse. i think the look/feel of a laptop is fairly important because you have a lot of tactile interaction with the device. most of the laptops out there just feel and look cheap, including the top shelf ones.

I wouldn't personally buy a used laptop. Like, who knows what kind of debris and shit has gotten under those keys.

My dark secret is that I will be very tempted to get a top of the line Surfacebook 3 when they come out later this year.

I have a decked out desktop but prefer the laptop. Egonimic loss is but a small price to pay to compute almost anywhere.

Just bring the bike inside *dab*

It's been well over 10 years since I've had a desktop and whenever I see one posted here it just gives me such an uncomfy feel.

Imagine sitting on a chair all day hunched over a desk. I move about freely and take my system with me.

I really don't want or need a touch screen on my laptop

>gaymen laptop
Absolute retard. Just get a small laptop without integrated GPU and ssh into your desktop if you need to do some heavy shit. Shouldn't be a problem unless you're a /v/toddler who can't survive a few hours without gaymen.

Only thing I hate about them is the fact that there havent been any good ones on the market since 2012.

You're thinking like a commie. If you won't eat - you won't have food poisoning...

Kind of like this. I don't think it's so much that there hasn't been a single "good" laptop since 2012, it's more like none of them have really appealed to me. I liked it when laptops still had good key travel, good airflow, and were easier to repair. They're easier to carry now, and a lot of them have better screens, but some of them are just weenie machines with no oomph.

any laptop weighs more than 700g is a meme

Attached: bc_500x376.jpg (500x376, 19K)

>get Thinkpad X230
>costs $250 refurbished with new keyboard and battery
>add new SSD, and bump the ram to 8GB, shit's fast yo
>IPS panel looks good
>masculine and utilitarian look
>has hacker creed
>put libreboot on it and swap in wireless-AC card
>amazing modding community
>parts are like $20 in aliexpress, you can build one from scratch if you wanted
>keyboard is excellent and you can swap a older keyboard if you please
>has USB3.0 so you transfers aren't dog shit slow
>compact as fuck and battery lasts around 5 hrs, perfect for those shitty boring visits to relatives
>runs Linux like a dream
>doesn't run modern vidya so you can focus on learning something productive instead or play the good old classics only
>fucking never obsoleteā„¢

Nah, you're just retarded

Attached: 6a80dfdb134a488794d6a618b149e5f3.png (960x720, 821K)

nice. got me an x230T with multitouch ips panel for $110 after getting a $80 refund on ebay. so yea for $30 this laptop is amazing and smaller than my t430. Typing this on my t430 max comfy

Buy an x220 brainlet. Something "nice" is totally unnecessary. I can upgrade it anytime I want, carry it easily and it costs like $100.

lol i think the thinkpads are nice in their own respect. the flat matte black top gets me hard. and the keyboard pwns the competition. This baby is a pleasure to use

By nice he probably meant something with a 2019 processor and grafix card for his gaymes. In actuality thinkpads are nicer than everything else.

>Dell XPS 15
>Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box with a GTX1080 at home
>can easily bring my computer anywhere I want
>can even play more basic games when away
>just plug the Thunderbolt 3 to play demanding games when at home

Why haven't you taken the eGFX pill yet, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1553386935765.jpg (1024x762, 144K)