Windows 7 or Linux?

Since Windows 7 is gonna die next year, should i still use Windows 7 or Linux? How's gaming on Linux compared to Windows 7?

Attached: 0000000004065.jpg (1000x1000, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Co6FePZoNgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bretty gud/8

linux user to windows user:
hey look at this, time to use linux

windows user to linux user:
fuck off

linux gaming isnt perfect but its pretty good. i use linux as my daily driver now use to dual boot until proton got good

Green
Is
My
Pepper!

>people acting like Windows 7 will uninstall itself and wipe your hard drive the day Microsoft discontinue support for it

Attached: vlcsnap-2012-10-27-23h28m49s235.png (512x384, 124K)

If it could only install gentoo afterwards...................

Attached: 1513032335877.png (212x238, 5K)

It's annoying, you've got to download wine and winetricks, figure out which winetricks to install right off the bat, get proton and dxvk for steam games, get lutris for gog and other games, and not even every gog game has an install script on lutris, so if a game doesn't justwerk or has some bugginess you have to figure out how to config wine to make it work, etc. Sucks

Server 2012 R2 - support is out till 2023 if you want it.

I wouldn't suggest gaming on Linux due to the screen tearing.

Attached: screen tearing.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Please contain your orgasms.

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 576K)

OP here
can linux play sims 2?

if gaymen is your priority you shouldnt use linux.

No... Well it might if you are willing to spend a few days fiddling with WINE, but even if you get it to work it will never work correctly and the overall experience will make you very angry.

I installed Windows 10 inside a VM to test it out because of Windows 7 EOL coming up. Win10 couldn't fucking successfully update to the April 2019 Update. It would just fail and revert time after time.

I only use Windows for my HTPC and for tax software in a VM on my laptop. For the tax software I'm just going to stick with Windows 7 but for the HTPC I have no fucking idea. Getting rid of Windows means I'll lose most of my Steam games but I do not want to upgrade to Windows 10... fucking ever.

Install Gentoo

Just back up or clone your Windows 7 and get some antivirus software, Microsoft sucks at preventing viruses so who cares if they are not offering updates, you are literally in the same boat as before.

>what is lutris

You're right, but the more longer I wait the more exploits will be found. If I can wait it out a couple of years maybe Microsoft will figure out how to properly update it's own fucking OS (I'm sure I'm dreaming though)

>implying it wont

>more longer
fuck, edited the post and didn't actually double check it. I have failed as an autist

>How's gaming on Linux
Getting better ever year.

>How's gaming on Linux compared to Windows 7?
Good enough that Linus Touch Tips is recommending it now - youtu.be/Co6FePZoNgE

My installation doesn't even know what support is, nevermind the date it's ending. SP1 is the only update I ever allowed it.

Can Linugs play Deep Rock Galactic or POSTAL 2?

Yep

holy fuck, one of them looks like froggo

Unless there's something specific which only runs on windows and locks you in, just move to linux

Steam's proton integration made it so even mouthbreathing mongoloids who somehow couldn't work out how to dxvk + wine can game on Linux. Not to mention wine is working on native dxvk integration, along with the dxvk d3d12 shit chuffing along quite nicely

Based and GNUpilled