How to get out of development

>Choose one of the most meritocratic fields in existence
>Realize i'm a fucking brainlet

How can I salvage my life here? I am too dumb to learn shit like "Big Data", Machine Learning, etc. I can barely keep up with regular development expectations.

I am looking at things like QA, technical writing, business analyst, or possibly some type of agile management. My soft skills are good but my peanut brain is too slow for high performance technical work. Any advice guys? Please

Attached: programming-language-appsec.jpg (800x375, 58K)

You sound like a perfect candidate for software engineering desu.

>My soft skills are good but my peanut brain is too slow for high performance technical work
Sales Engineer.

It's a fancy term for technical sales, but it's a stupidly high paid gig.

Become a scrum master/project manager.

I actually never though of that, thanks, ill include it in my job searches

im thinking about that, but it seems like it would probably require some additional schooling

>Any advice guys?
IT

push through. it get's better with time and experience. if you don't feel like an idiot as a programmer occasionally then you are not learning. as long as you do enough to not get fired and enough to get bread let your anxiety fade.being a business analyst or some generic sales role may be okay but you will miss being able to create and get to know how to do something most people can't.

Honestly desu, reconsider before leaving the field. It is great you just can never afford to compare yourself to others (unless you are sucking some serious dick at it). If you hate office work go get a trade rather than fooling urself a business analyst role will make you happier. Best of luck.

Attached: 1531529462390.png (352x315, 260K)

>Agile manager
Neck yourself really
I hate all agilefags

Dress like a woman and stsrt bitching about cis privilege. You won't need to use your brain anymore.

slide down to IT support :^)

I can notice a definite difference between the time it takes me to learn things compared to peers. I can struggle to get better at the craft but I believe that I'll always be mediocre at this due to limited ability. The one place that I feel I have an advantage over others 'engineers' is in communication skills, and I feel like I might be happier going into a role that I can excel at, rather than always struggling to be average.

It's not personal user, it's just business

>development
>one of the most meritocratic fields in existence
nah

Attached: is-odd.png (567x48, 6K)

fbbp
meanwhile people with skills and inclination to learn any new technology are neeting around because no soft skills

Please tell me that image is a meme

Actual brainlets are intellectually incapable of becoming aware of their mental limitations, so you can not be that stupid. You are smart enough to feel dumb. Some of those peers you perceive as better than you, are actually just very good actors who are struggling through harsh efforts to keep up with what is expected from them. You only see the end result and end up believing they have it easier than you.
On the other hand, if necessary, you can redirect your career as other anons (and yourself) have proposed. Become a salesman for this industry, for example.

It's real br0

HR department maybe? How hard is it to transfer to HR as a developer?

Do the minimal amount of work and put all of your eggs into climbing the managerial ladder. Being an average dev makes management an easy transition - your technical skills aren't wasted and you know enough so your employees can't hide/downplay their shortcomings.

js is a wonderful language for wonderful developers.

junior develop here so take my advice with a grain of salt. if you don't enjoy any aspect of your day, then i respect your decision. i can't count how many times i've felt like a brainlet. however, i think there's something really satisfying about overcoming a seemingly insurmountable hurtle. just gotta take it one step at a time. hang in there my man.

Would n % 2 not work for testing for odd numbers? Or is this just due to JS's type system of treating all numbers as floating point? (It does that right?)

Getting a “scrum master cert” is like $1600 just for the test

This

This is exactly how I felt. BS in CS too.

I went to IT and did networking stuff and then pivoted to cyber security stuff. Just like writing BCPs and BIAs and DRPs and monitoring a big fat SIEM for each client and helping to write policies that out sysadmins implement.

It’s nice cuz I also occasionally write powershell scripts to automate security policies on our clients domain controllers. I can do fun pentesty Linux stuff too.

Just get the Net+ and configure routers. IT is definitely a better industry for me.

That's pretty much what that shit does.

>"Big Data", Machine Learning
are memes for idiots

This. Start every sentence with "As a trans-woman..." and you'll be running the company by the end of the year.

I'm kinda in the same boat desu. Been working as a backend java dev for 6 years at this point. The pay is good but I feel that my peers are much better developers than me.
Been working on getting the managerial position lately. The "fake it until you make it" principle is strong with me.

Attached: 1422933365296.png (302x308, 171K)

>The sheer amount of privilege in this thread
If I had the opportunity you faggots had I wouldn't squander it. kys

What is stopping you? Follow some shitty online tutorial, make a little web portfolio, write a resume, and you're in.

The fuck are you talking about? have you seen dev Twitter and other cancer cesspits? Every Shaniquah, Rhanjesh and Da'quan are self-taught frontend 'developers' nowadays

I'd say you shouldn't beat yourself over it. I, too, went in expecting to work with literal geniuses but what I found was just normal people, an unexpected amount of fuck ups and drug addicts, with average intelligence. My path crossed with maybe two or three legit intelligent peeps, but most of the geniuses are researching or working in the academia, creating new programming languages for us to learn, I guess.
I mean, there's nothing prestigious in what we do, there's just an overabundance of jobs and higher wages because our craft makes the world go around, but we're peons, pawns, blue collars fucks that get their hands dirty in any business hierarchy. If you're feeling below average then maybe get promoted out of programming with networking and shit as so many do. Or work with testing, pre sales, system analysis, whatever the fuck.

Attached: 1553619083478.gif (268x268, 2.05M)

I think you underestimate how many true brainlets are in the field. The brainlets are the retards on Twitter who’re arrogant because they can write a hash table.

Turn up to work in a dress