- Expert on security.
- Masochist.

Then just don't use BSD systems.

Reminder that OpenBSD is lacking the following things:
>A robust filesystem such as ZFS, btrfs, or HAMMER2
>Any kind of journaling FS
>SSD TRIM
>NFSv4
>Support for more than one core on various parts of the OS. The firewall, pf, is confirmed to be one of these parts, although there may be more.
>802.11ac networking
>Nvidia graphics from this decade
>AMD Vega graphics
>Certain Intel graphics, at least judging from comparing the manpage to the wikipedia article
>Broadcom wireless
>Bluetooth
>WINE
>LUKS/dm-crypt
>Linux compatibility layer
>Mounting ext filesystems
>free(1)
>lsblk(8)
>Proper virtualization (vmd/vmm is awful compared to KVM+QEMU or even Virtualbox)
>and probably more

What about FreeBSD

*hugs*

>an OS for network equipment

>graphics
>wireless
>bluetooth
>wine
>VM

/v/eddit, please, go.

FreeBSD is awesome but word of warning:

when you use it you will realize how fucked up Linux is.

Utter shit.
>People even shill windows10 on this fucking pathetic excuse for a tech board, but at least windows is somewhat usable.

Yes. They're far better-designed than most GNU/Linux distributions, and the userland is superior to the GNU userland.
You'll likely have hardware compatibility issues, though, so it's best to try all four BSDs to figure out which you like best, and which runs best on your hardware.

Cutest mascot comming through.

Attached: hexley_sits_450.png (450x450, 52K)

i beg to differ

Attached: 220px-KDE_Women_mascot_Katie_for_KDE_development_applications.png (220x311, 31K)

If you have to ask, probably not.
When it comes down to it, you end up realizing that you're just learning another Linux distro, except for particular slices of functionality that you took for granted that are similar between most Linux distros are different for no good reason. Whatever use case you have, it's probably not one where you're going to notice a significant difference between BSD and Linux, missing features and compatibility aside. BSD isn't paradigm-shifting like plan 9 or whatever else, it's just another fucking *NIX.
If you're still in your immature distro-hopping stage and BSD's particular idiosyncrasies happen to not trigger your autism, that's great, give it a try. But if you already have a functioning Linux setup that you're reasonably happy with, it's not worth switching to.

>Reminder that OpenBSD is lacking the following things
honk

Demons aren't cute you atheist pagan godless heathen.

Imagine using an OS for network equipment that only has a single core firewall.

That's a platypus with a cute hat you christcuck!

Freebsd is just a Systemd free Linux os now

What's the point of BSD if there's Linux?

Attached: 1553280272246.jpg (829x767, 63K)

What's the point of shilling BSD if as soon as people try it out THEY REALIZE WHAT FUCKING GARBAGE IT IS??

Sane argument can be used about any OS
Windows people hate linux because they can't use it
Linux people hate BSD people because they can't use *BSD
It's rather obvious, when the most famous BSD is the most Linux-like BSD

On a weird architecture freeBSD and netBSD are awesome. If you're using PPC32 for instance there are zero (0) working linux distros with up to date repos. on the other hand netbsd is always up to date because you can use the pkgsrc repos and the ports of freeBSD. That's pretty much like gentoo but better support for these architectures and I find pkgsrc easier to use than portage

Wait, not even Gentoo works in PPC32?

top kek

I really want to give FreeBSD another go as a desktop OS but it probably doesn't support 80 % of the hardware in my 4 month old laptop.

Maybe it can replace my home server, but I'm running Docker there.