Type exit in the terminal on any Linux distro

>Type exit in the terminal on any Linux distro
>It closes the window
>Type exit in the terminal on MacOS
>It doesn’t close the window

Attached: F3A048C2-BA22-406B-BFAE-555B5BEADB94.jpg (350x370, 39K)

You want to manage your own memory or something?

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1525870755677.gif (540x540, 279K)

based

Based

Based Satania poster.

BASSED

B AND R

I was on MS-DOS 6.22 the other day typing, "exit," it was doing nothing. I was like, "oh right."

>posting in a bot spam thread

BASED

type a emoticon in vim
it close

Attached: iSYbhnO.png (3840x2160, 1.62M)

IT'S NOT FAIR MACBROS
HOW DOES SHE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Attached: 1533526191684.png (813x1402, 369K)

press ctrl D and exit command appears at the command prompt but the terminal closes so fast you can't see it. Unless it's a login shell, logout command appears.

BASED

bass

Threw me off at first but command + q does the trick

I don’t get why apple doesn’t want you to close programs for good

BASED

based

based

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1518277180020.jpg (463x600, 42K)

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

I close with shift+L.Alt+C. But I do sometimes logout with 'exit'.

Satania is a blessing for Jow Forums

Attached: 2c3660a0e262ff6726167aaad2ca724ec09f222f802c4624c0a9f56e22490e12.png (1100x1200, 605K)

based

This is to emulate typical tty behavior; you can change it here.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 12.46.11 PM.png (226x63, 11K)

mommy milky

>emulate typical tty behavior
>in a terminal emulator
Apple devs are like 90s OOP fantard bureaucrats roleplaying as Bell Labs pioneers.

Well, macOS IS certified UNIX, unlike *BSD, Linux,etc.

Oh, it's you, street shitter.

Attached: 1525955670408.png (1245x852, 106K)

>the r*dditor ran out of arguments

oh no no no no

B A S E D

Thanks for the kek satania poster

you don't?

Exit exits the shell. Run "bash" in a shell and then type exit and you'll see what I mean. A terminal emulator closing or not when the last shell is exited is up to them. Termux on android will display a message like "press any key to close" rather than closing automatically.
p.s. ctrl-d works like exit, save yourself some keystrokes

>Termux on android will display a message like "press any key to close" rather than closing automatically.
It does close automatically now since the latest update.

^D means end of file and is interpreted by bash as 'exit' (please correct me)

-w[/code[

gassed

>wanting applel to manage your memory