Single young slav programmer created fast free photoshop in browser in like 70k javascript loc

single young slav programmer created fast free photoshop in browser in like 70k javascript loc

Attached: photopea.com.png (1600x853, 901K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beefproject.com/
fortinet.com/blog/threat-research/the-growing-trend-of-coin-miner-javascript-infection.html
photopea.com/
docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-getting-unstuck.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doctors hate him!

just use gimp lol

absolutely based
adobe btfo

Attached: pepedab.gif (554x400, 122K)

it is impressive in just 5 years he was able to implement majority of Photoshop functions in fucking browser. Considering Photoshop is in development since 1990 by big team his alexa rank is well deserved

How long until Adobe fucks him in the ass?

why can't the incompetent idiots writing gimp do this?
I don't think you understand the law.

Since when have laws stopped corporations before?

law is a meme

For what?
>hello this is Adobe, we are gonna sue you for making an image editing program on your own

Gimp developers hate him!

kek

that's a legend

GIMP developers can't make fucking thumbnails... Why only german OpenSUSE niggers can?

can it draw circles?

looks like this developer is some kind of math and programming savant. He supports many complicated different file formats and everything is blazing fast lot of stuff he uses for his editor are custom made, unique and highly optimized. Hard to believe he is doing it all alone

Attached: DuTxRITXcAU5sGd.jpg (2048x1788, 396K)

It's absolutely devastating how the GIMP team gets proven absolutely incompetent over literal decades over and over again and they seem to just deflect it.

I wish the Krita guys wouldn't still buttlick GIMPers in respect because they deserve none. It's ridiculous how so many other open projects did so well over the years but fucking GIMP does not listen to artists fucking at all and keep being stoic fat neckbeards who insist their intentionally quirky shit that is also painfully slow is the way to go.
Even Blender that was borderline unusable before 2010 turned into something beautiful.

Krita, Blender, Inkscape, Audacity. Incredible work but fuck GIMP.

>just use gimp
obv decided, rolling his own be infinitely less fucking painful

Well, that's why he does it on his own and not working for some good software house.
Remember, we now life in a post-meritocracy.

Attached: 1505426432473.jpg (312x332, 23K)

Where's the link and source code?

How does in compare to Gimp in features?

Pretty sure that's GTK's fault. Don't know why developers use that garbage.

but can it draw circles?

based slav

>slav
>source code

enjoy your communist backdoors and cryptominers

>sipping a cup of souls in front of hellfire
what did the dev mean by this

Attached: 1505426648662.png (535x632, 548K)

literally anything that isn't gimp can

>website
>backdoor and cryptominer

Attached: brainletpit.png (1416x1600, 606K)

y-yeah that's the joke user-kun

>website
>not able to provide miners or backdoors

It's sandboxed idiot, it can't install a backdoor on your computer or do anything security compromising. It could run a miner while it's open but it would be extremely obvious if it was.

>sandboxes are 100% secure

You're a schizo if you think anything on the internet is breaking out of the browser sandbox.

GTK is Gimp ToolKit, so GIMP is the origin of Cancer.

DESU a lot of modern software would better and faster, if developers would learn to align data properly and only allocated space for a variable or constant that it actually needs. You do not need to store a constant "5" value into a freaking int.

Oh no wonder gtk sucks so bad.

fuck yea somebody told me to use gimp and i was like wtf.
swtiched to krita its great. i also used paint.net fuck that pioece of shit always never working right like dont rmember i think it was trasparency or just generally finding stuff or its tretarded

It's more likely thank you think

hopefully he's banned from practicing programming, he's destroying billions in jobs

>i own numbers and shit and letters
go fuck yourself homo faggot your the one fuckign up (((jobs))) with your bullshit. donations is the only way to go on teh internet hope you cianiggerfags all fucking get kiled as you attempt to censor the world

Attached: cianigs.jpg (657x713, 170K)

educate yourself

beefproject.com/

fortinet.com/blog/threat-research/the-growing-trend-of-coin-miner-javascript-infection.html

you just need to make more

Attached: 1525127886216.jpg (935x466, 52K)

censorship bullshit isnt techonology
neither is a netnanny botnet box

People bitch about gimp being unintuitive on this board and how krita is so much better, but not a single one of you can get the apply gradient option to work on the text tool since version 4. It took me a forever to figure it out just being stubborn as fuck.
You're either helpless baby ducks or paid shills. Gimp isn't hard at all. Save your fucking bitching for something that actually is unintuitive, like blender or krita.

based adobe corporate cocksucker

Website name?

Found it, Google gives you some jank German site.

photopea.com/

how does he make money

ads and premium account that hide ads

Attached: file.png (680x61, 14K)

he has income from adsense he said $2 per 1k views . He has up to 90k views/day that would mean $180 per day from adsense. It can be probably more with some ads optimizations. Does not really matter software like this is probably worth millions of dollars

baste

Attached: Screenshot .png (766x92, 13K)

suing someone until they're bankrupt from legal fees is a valid strategy if a company wants someone to stop operating.

All the people saying adobe is going to stop this guy, riddle me this: wouldnt it make more sense for them to buy the software or offer him a job?

Does this use an SPA framework like React or is this all vanilla JS?

gee thought we were all talking about making jobs now your talking about shutting down or buying out technology.

fuck copyrights

This is rather impressive. I'd consider image processing to be something for rich clients.

sad but true

Attached: 1554438180136.gif (320x287, 982K)

>just gimp yourself!

Wait. Does it process stuff on some server/backend, or is it a pure client js solution?

Looking at the source, it doesn't look like it uses any SPA framework, not even jquery is present. Most of the layout is just declared in plain html, there is some vanilla js logic to handle the popup windows. The code is very OO, the UI controls are mostly implement as vanilla listeners bind to buttons and there is some zone logic to deal with layers and whatnot. The rest of the code is used to manage the image canvas. Quite impressive really.

GIMP Is Mediocre Photoshop

You mean rasterize text on a white background layer and then apply gradient?

1000x this. ADOBE HIRE THIS MAN!!

I mean getting the apply gradient as a fill using the options right on the text tool dialog box. The stroke with gradient part of the text tool works as expected.

>DESU
Ebin filter

I'd rather see some good competition. Strong open source competition. It's really baffling that image processing got this treatment despite every other jerk doing image processing day in day out. Even if just for twitter or what not. Yet nothing really seems to gain traction in the sense that a strong ecosystem forms (with plenty of people implementing state of the art image processing algorithms). Just baffling.

A web app is better than GIMP, open sores BTFO

>Just stick dicks up your ass lol
Feels about the same

It doesn't.

Set the gradient shape to radial.

Attached: CopyQ.gHyGJu.png (1680x1050, 486K)

If you're too retarded to use gimp, a web app is probably your speed.

>gimp
>speed

Attached: 1544188686746.png (904x542, 9K)

>A web app is better than GIMP
It's pretty good, but the only reason everyone hates GIMP is because everyone has pirated Photoshop at some point and they don't like change. Most people will never use 99% of the features of either.
PS is still mandatory because of the mountain of arbitrary shit that the GD industry needs, but not common users.

OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Untitled.png (780x586, 51K)

slavs are best programmers but there is a rumor that adobe pays gimp devs to gimp gimp

This is actually really handy, but compared to Photoshop how much memory does it hoard?

>the only reason everyone hates GIMP is because
Bullshit. This:
docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-getting-unstuck.html
is the reason why everyone hates gimp. That's an official document. Holy crackers.

Attached: b08.png (436x420, 370K)

>rumor that adobe pays gimp devs to gimp gimp
Well, at least that would explain everything. I buy it.

Attached: LaFI1r9p4uao1_r1_500.gif (500x380, 1019K)

>is the reason why everyone hates gimp.
People actually get stuck with this shit? Good god.

Floating selections are no joke.

Ctrl+H.
GIMP is kind of shit, but almost every advanced image editor is irritating to use until you get used to their quirks.

I'm sorry, but that's one hell of a quirk. And they even admit it. Have admitted it ages ago. And yet we're here, and those things are still around and appear after basic transformations and time and again out of fucking nowhere. Those fucks are probably really payed by Adobe.

>ads embedded in program

Complete and utter shit. Fuck this and programmer that created it. I'll stick to a pirated copy of Photoshop any day of the week.

It's not free, it's just gratis.

>Those fucks are probably really payed by Adobe.
They rarely get paid at all. Almost no one wants to improve GIMP because it's thankless work.
Mind you I never said GIMP is good, I said the criticism levied at it is mostly unbridled autism. I don't blame the devs for not giving a fuck about criticism anymore.

GIMP is fine after last year April update. They really fixed most issues.

>stuck
have been using it for years now and have no idea what that is

>Photopea is not fully open-source
Get fucked.

>tfw one person makes a better product than an entire team of freetards
Have we finally come to a solid conclusion that freetards are genuinely retarded?

This shit is open source, retard.

Cope more,

My first paint program was coral paint, ive used all kinds of different paint programs through out my life. Photoshop, krita, paint.net, dogwaffle, different ipad apps, psdfiddle yet gimp is the only one to induce rage while using it. I will always use krita over gimp if I need something done quickly and for free

It should be:

>sandbox bug CVEs for both on FF and chromium on regular basis
>You're a schizo if you think anything on the internet is breaking out of the browser sandbox.
And you're an absolute retard or an NSA agent

according to his reddit AMA
>Actually, I pay about 20 USD a year for hosting. Photopea runs completely at client-side, there is no server-side computation. Once Photopea.com is loaded, there is no communication with the server after that (you can disconnect from the internet and use it offline).
this guy is based

But I want to draw lots of circles

Yeah but you still have to load it. Is there a downloadable version which works fully offline?

you sound like a reddit drone. kill yourself you waste of space

save the page to a folder and run it from there?

the server is just acting as a fileserver

Attached: 1354129987290.gif (199x231, 1.99M)

>save the page
So it doesn't have to dynamically load any extra shit when the page is visited? I'll try it out.

Yeah, kinda works but it's still trying to connect to 3rd parties. The js needs to be rebuilt to remove ads and tracking. It also shows a permanent "loading" bar on top when offline.
It's an okay paint replacement and could probably be a GIMP and Photoshop alternative for half their users, but still needs to be properly built for desktop.

Cool interface. If Adobe were smart, they'd buy his work and replace Creative Suites shit interface with an electron-based one (still shit, but less shit)

As it is now, it's missing Adobe's GPU plugin interfave which is why people use it in the firstplace.

Attached: D1bID8pUcAAdj3o.jpg (700x1050, 111K)