I kinda want to install this because i like the name Debian

i kinda want to install this because i like the name Debian

Attached: softWaves_wiki_banner_v3.png (680x340, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxconfig.org/install-packages-from-an-ubuntu-ppa-on-debian-linux
webupd8.org/2014/10/how-to-add-launchpad-ppas-in-debian-via.html
wiki.debian.org/CreatePackageFromPPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it have a cool logo too

lol more like dead-being

>70632924

Attached: Raspberry-pi-3-raspbian-100656556-orig.png (1200x750, 52K)

lol more like dabing-on

Literally the reason i chose Debian as my first linux distro lol

Later on i discovered It was the biggest most stable one anda popular one.

DEE-BEE-IN

Legit the best choice for something that just works

Pro's:
-Debian is in the top-five most popular / most relevant distributions, so you can rest assured that it will always be supported for your lifetime
-There is a version of Debian for everything and net-install usb's are convenient as fuck
-Debian is like "Arch-lite," you have a tremendous amount of freedom with how you want to configure it, even if you don't see your favorite desktop environment / window manager amongst the options in the Graphical Installer, it's there in the package manager, I assure you.

Con
-Debian doesn't have a good "out of box" installation, you will have to dive deep into customizing it, go about uninstalling all the preinstalled junk and installing all the good shit, and you will have to bust out the terminal to edit config files and the apt-get sources.list. Basically, you'll be spending all fucking day getting it to a usable state.

debian is the most based distro

there is a reason why everyone forks it or its forks

the operating system named after a guy named ian and his wife, deb, who later left him. and then he ended up killing himself. every time someone says debian this is what i think of.

>Debian doesn't have a good "out of box" installation
What is net install?
>you will have to dive deep into customizing it, go about uninstalling all the preinstalled junk and installing all the good shit
What is net iso?
>and you will have to bust out the terminal to edit config files and the apt-get sources.list
It takes 3 mins max

>t, and you will have to bust out the terminal to edit config files and the apt-get sources.list.
wew, yes dude whenever I uninstall a terminal emulator I go and edit my mirror list fucking retard
>-Debian is like "Arch-lite," you have a tremendous amount of freedom with how you want to configure it, even if you don't see your favorite desktop environment / window manager amongst the options in the Graphical Installer, it's there in the package manager, I assure you.
you can literally choose any desktop environment in the installer you fucking loser

no you can't. there's like GNOME, KDE, XFCE, and CINNAMON. If you want something like Budgie, you gotta do a barebones install and then apt-get install Budgie-Desktop from the terminal.

that bitch was a feminist. Fuck her

fucking KEK

still the best distro tho

Thats why now Debian is for lesbians

anyone /gnoming/ in debian buster?
It says 3.30.2 but it actually has functions from 3.32, what the fuck? For example this adwaita theme and the per application notification settings aren't in fedora 30 gnome 3.30.2

Install devian without systemd

you will have big problem. If you stay "stable" you will have ancient packages and to install something more up to date, you will need to compile it from source (no PPAs for you). You could try snaps, flatkpak and AppImage.

if you want more "rolling" distro, you could go unstable or testing. That will bring a new level of problem because those version of Debian are not supposed to be used in a working environment. A lot of people say "I have it for years without breaking or with little maintenance" and that could be true but are you ready for that? A little mistake and everything is turned into shit, just ask Archfags about it.

For servers Debian is great but if you want something more up to date with moderate stability just use Ubuntu LTS.

And please, do not try to mix repos (stable with testing and unstable) that shit will be the most unstable shit you have ever seen.

sad.

I wonder if Deb cried.

>no PPAs for you
Literally bullshit.

linuxconfig.org/install-packages-from-an-ubuntu-ppa-on-debian-linux
webupd8.org/2014/10/how-to-add-launchpad-ppas-in-debian-via.html
wiki.debian.org/CreatePackageFromPPA

Bitch didn't cry, too busy bouncing on tyrone's dong

>tfw uncle is oldschool Unix guy and uses Debian and his name is Ian and wife's name is Deb.

Attached: 1539258697942.jpg (592x586, 50K)

Install Fedora

It's named after a nigger.

No, trust me, you kinda want to install Gentoo.

Too bad the default install is unusable garbage and you are better with Ubuntu.

its the best distro, too.

>no PPAs
I'M A MAD MAN

Attached: file.png (625x144, 14K)

>i like the name Debian
Fun fact, it means Deb + Ian. Deb left Ian (the creator) and Ian became an hero.

>pick Debian as my first distro
>never switch
Stability was always my primary concern though, so as a result Debian seemed like an obvious choice. It's an amazing `working distro`, never worry about your shit getting fucked up because Tyrone pushed some broken shit to the repos.

Its pretty damn good. If you've used ubuntu, its almost the same thing. It'll just give you a couple of extra steps after install, like adding yourself to sudoers and adding non-free repos to the apt source list.

Attached: HARUHI-2.png (738x979, 664K)

>Reminder Ubongo, the most used distro is based on Debian
>Reminder Steam OS is based on Debian, thus Debian is also for gaming, even if for older games because of their release structure.
>Reminder Debian is one of the oldest and most stable linux distros
>Reminder Debian users usually help you cordially and with better solutions than most places.(The ubuntu forums couldn't reply to something that on debian I had 10 people replying at the same time almost)

wait till you find out they killed the founder of debian

It was Red Hat employees. Red Hat and Microsoft are the same

You need a life

Boi you need max 20 minutes to make that OS comfy. Tried many distros and debian is literally the King. And then if you waste so many days configuring your OS just write a bash script and run it on a fresh install every time

Debian is trash. Enjoy your dependency hell

means u have good intuition

>every time someone says debian this is what i think of.
Same. It's a pretty unfortunate name in retrospect.

The last time I dealt with dependency hell was about 15 years or so ago. And that was in Red Hat, not Debian.

Attached: qZIzbzt_d.jpg (583x495, 35K)

themes might be packaged independently from DEs

RIP
CIA niggers got to him

Poor guy. His end was very sad.

lmao, unironically killing yourself to shed light on muh police brutality and nobody even knows who you are.
fuck this guy. i hope he burns in hell.

can't disagree

Attached: 1541543576139.png (2133x1200, 1.01M)

That's not what happened. He had a long history of depression. What happened with the police was just the last straw.

what happened with the police

Do it! It's a very good choice. Use FDE, don't add 3rd party repos. Don't waste time with "ricing". You have a reasonably secure OS for getting work done.

Is it easier to "rice" in Debian or more difficult?

>you have a tremendous amount of freedom with how you want to configure it
What exactly can I customise on arch/debian that I cant on something else?

wow that IS a deep dive! good luck on your jorney user.

That's the million dollar question.

how do I set up the fonts so my eyes don't bleed?

I did just enter the thread with this question. even configuring my font-config correctly my eyes still hurt a bot when using KDE debian. Ubuntu works fine.

Just install Manjaro for an easy OS. It takes the best of everything and slams it all on the table.

Attached: 1554978501526.jpg (450x338, 19K)

You're asking for it...

no u

Debian package maintainers are based because they added the new adwaita theme but they kept the transparency from the taskbar (which has been removed).

I think you both have severe autism. It looks fine to me. Maybe pull your eyeballs off the screen and it'll get better.

>want to install this because i like the name Debian

Attached: brainlet_debian.png (936x1024, 42K)