Will the US ever adopt WhatsApp?

I go to a big college and see all the over seas students using it to talk to friends back home. I know its basically ubiquitous in east euro and india. Will it ever be as popular in the states? why or why not?

Attached: soon-873316_1280.png (1280x1280, 172K)

Who knows. I use it too since my international friends all use it.

hell no why would anyone use it? Texting over internet is stupid, either use snapchat for casual conversations. Or real sms texting where you dont need internet to use it.

burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger burger

snapchat is a dumpster fire. Being in college, its the main way people message me. I hate it so much

and everyone wants to make a group chat in it, while it would be so much easier in whatsapp than sms because of iphone/android conflicts

Lol, dumb ass Eurofag who uses proprietary software and thinks they are cool because of it.

My understanding is that it's a loophole to get unlimited texts? But I don't know if it's true that they don't get that overseas. Whatever. Who gives a fuck? You're not missing out on anything. Just another company data mining you. Do you really need another botnet user?

>internet instant messaging software like any other im software since 1996
>loophole to get unlimited texts
retard

I understand what you are saying. Im asking for less actually. Rather than having to jump between facebook messenger, google hangouts, snapchat, or insta/twitter dms, and finally sms/imessage, I would just prefer something more streamlined. And i guess i feel whatsapp would allow that. Is there an open source altern?

Im extremely american. srry

I literally do not care what it is.

We get it here, but you get far less data on a call + text + data program vs a pure data one here for the same amount of money.
Unlimited national calls + texts + 80gb of data = $25 USD/month while just 80gb of data = $15 USD. It all adds up over time.

I dont know. But the guy who sold Whatsapp to Facebook made another app just like whatsapp called Telegram and it has secret chats, auto destructive messages, you can create an @ and chat with people without giving your number to them, you can search @s, you can search groupchats and get in and it is protected by end to end encryption. It's also way more aesthetic than whatsapp, has a night mode and all. Also has an desktop version so it's easier to drop docs, files, whatever

Yeah there were, they were called protocols. Now we have app hell. You can thank based phone users for that.

I use messenger

>"Texting over internet is stupid"
>"use snapchat"

you dumb fuck

Americucks have *pple's dick too deep in their throats for that to happen. It is unbelievable how much a corporation can be literally worshiped. Every other person casually mentions imessages like it is the default way to communicate with people, and that "people with green text bubbles" are annoying.

It's ubiquitous in western Europe too not just Eastern

t. Austrian who has traveled all over Europe

I thought it was the main thing to use in the US. That and Telegram, at least it's what the people I know from the US use.

Nope. Riot or kys

user, every single annoying and out of touch with reality person you have seen on the internet is an american.

burgers don't use whatsapp?

Fuck whatsfag.
Rinu is betaru.

Attached: line.png (720x1232, 97K)

>tfw really liked google Allo
>they had to shitcan it
atleast duo is still a thing but for how long i wonder.

Watsapp isn't commonly used in the US?! What do you use then, American frens?
Anyway you aren't missing out on anything. It's by far the worst texting platform. Telegram, Signal, iOS's Messages, you name it, they're all far superior. And they aren't owned by facebook.

Do burgers unironically use snapchat to chat? I thought it was an app to send nudes that get deleted after a few seconds

Bloated shit, ads everywhere

Burgers use lmao Facebook messenger and snapchat. It is almost like they chose the worst possible solutions.

>But the guy who sold Whatsapp to Facebook made another app just like whatsapp called Telegram

Attached: 1555184483794.jpg (2544x4000, 1.12M)

I really like iMessage but sadly no one to text.

are you saying Burgers don't use whatsapp?

this surprises me a lot

What the hell do they use? facebook messenger? Wechat? Snapchat? god forbid SMS ..?

Attached: 1354124009236.jpg (640x496, 125K)

imessage

What about your friends, family and colleagues who don't have an iPhone?

Americans mostly use FB Messenger. Whatsapp is mostly an Euro thing.

Then you have LINE in the east, Telegram in a few other countries.

i don't live in the us so i can't answer that

Amerimutts still all use iMessage. They love being locked into proprietary ecosystems by corporations

*Tips Apple*
*Tips mom*

Attached: Screenshot_20190413_102808.jpg (1080x1186, 370K)

Probably not.
Facebook, its owner, probably wants WhatsApp die off in favor of Facebook Messenger so it's unlikely there will be much development in term of functionality anymore. I'm surprised they haven't integrated it yet like Instagram.

what do americans use instead?

>botnet
>takes too much storage on phone
user, if didn't HAVE to use Whatsapp, I wouldn't use Whatsapp, thankfully once july passes I can delete it forever and restrict the flow of my personal info just a little bit

Is that like iMessage for poor people?

I live in Poland and most of my normal friends use Messenger, and the more autistic ones Signal.

I stopped using it when Facebook bought it. Signal is better in every way anyways

literally every single ghetto nigger owns an iphone.

>faceberg botnet
Fuck off yuropoor

>not using good old SMS

>Americans mostly use FB Messenger. >Whatsapp is mostly an Euro thing.
>both owned by zuckerberg
>one is end-to-end encrypted, one is not
>choose one

> max out their credit cards to buy the newest iPhone
> "rich people"

>FB Messenger.

so if you want to chat with people it has to be tied to your FB profile?
pretty stupid if you ask me

My friends and I use WhatsApp, but that's mostly because I was in the Navy and they're stationed everywhere. My real estate brokerage also uses it.

I've also noticed that it's big with Latino people.

It's big in South America and Europe.
Afaik it goes like this.
North Americans : SMS
South Americans & Euros: WhatsApp
China: WeChat
Korea: KakaoTalk
Japan: Line

Everyone that says imessage and sms, do you not have a group of friends? How the hell do you make plans, you send texts to 15 people? Me and my friends have a group chat, it's good also to send memes or chat in general

It's really popular in Israel, so it's only a matter of time before mutts start using it too

Attached: 1258818905839.png (243x243, 37K)

all zoomers ITT kill yourselves.