Realistically speaking, when is the actual year of the Linux Desktop?

Realistically speaking, when is the actual year of the Linux Desktop?

Attached: 1533359398545.jpg (682x626, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was 2003 at my house if memory serves me.

based aqua poster

Based

The day Valve manages to get their shit together, and they have been progressing recently.

Every year.

Never. Linux is a kernel.

Once Chrome OS takes over

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-20-20-05-20.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Never. Linux is a kernel, not an OS.

Next year

Never, I hope. Normies ruin everything.

CURRENT_YEAR + 1

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
>Linux 0.82%
As someone who uses GNU/Linux and occasionally Steam I get what you mean by progress, there's more native games running on GNU/Linux than ever and there's an increasing amount of games made for Windows which can be played as easy as if they were made for GNU/Linux.

But.. all that has amounted to absolutely nothing in terms of marketshare.

Slightly sad side-note on that: I'm not at all as concerned with low GNU/Linux marketshare on Steam as I am with Steam dying or becoming irrelevant. The Epic Games store, Google Stadia and things like that could kill it off entirely before their GNU/Linux efforts amount to anything.

Attached: based.png (385x380, 99K)

Ask Google.

Whenever Steam and Adobe are ported to Linux, whenever Wine stops being a trainwreck and can just werk with any Windows EXE, whenever the Linux community stops bashing newcomers who don't want to hassle with installing Arch or Gentoo or learn a complex DE/WM like i3 or Openbox, and whenever people stop thinking of Linux users as unwashed, unloved neckbeard weeb pedophiles.
In other words, never.

Attached: kanna.png (990x1080, 738K)

Every year since 2014.

2H 2019, maybe 2020

>Whenever the Linux community stops bashing newcomers who don't want to hassle with installing Arch or Gentoo or learn a complex DE/WM like i3 or Openbox, and whenever people stop thinking of Linux users as unwashed, unloved neckbeard weeb pedophiles.
The image you have on the Linux community based on the people on Jow Forums.
In other words, cringe and bluepilled.

You have to go back