You're being held at a GUNPOINT to choose and install an OS to please an average everyday normie. It has to werk

You're being held at a GUNPOINT to choose and install an OS to please an average everyday normie. It has to werk.

Which is the OS you choose and why?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x663, 155K)

gentoo of course

Why, Microsoft® Windows™, of course.

SLC 6

corporaeshuns are bad!

"KILL ME YOU FUCKING NIGGER". Now if they shoot me they admit to being a nigger and they recognize my superiority by following my order.

unironically windows because that's all most normies know and what most non-normies prefer anyway (Jow Forums is an exception to this)

macOS.

*Held at GNUPOINT

Attached: 1543429831219.jpg (899x650, 208K)

More like HELD AT GNU/POINT

xubuntu

windows 10

I don't know how to install Windows so I choose Ubuntu LTS, whatever the current one is.

TemplOS

>I don't know how to install Windows
How? It's the most retard-friendly process imaginable

It crashes too much.

I've just never done it. Every Windows machine I've owned was pre-built. When I became an adult I switched permanently to GNU+Linux.

For an average user? Windows. Only answer.

For a somewhat more enlightened user... Mac OS.

For someone who actually cares about security, privacy, and reliability, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL, etc.

For someone who knows what they are doing, is a software developer, and who would never ask for advice on what OS to install on their home computers, since they already have solid opinions on OS's? Gentoo, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris, etc.

Windows 8.1

>or someone who actually cares about security, privacy
>privacy
>Ubuntu
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

raspbian.
it comes with a bunch of normie-friendly stuff and you can fuck it up beyond all recognition and just re-install it without having to call up microsoft because you've exceeded your licensed number of re-installs.
also, no keys to install it, because you know, what would be the point?

macOS

More like GNU plus point

Devuan, I can mkae your shit work for retards and gramps

kys

Attached: 1378921349619.jpg (540x650, 94K)

Windows 8.1 with Classic Start and some light debloating.

take the bullet
no point in pleasing normalfags

But serious answer, Windows.
Like, what else are they going to use? Even if Linux was easy (and it mostly is depending on distro, but it's only mostly easy) and had flawless hardware support (would be really nice if Broadcom would stop existing), it'd need to run all the programs they cared about.
Sure, there's Wine, and it largely works, but people generally don't like dealing with the places where it doesn't, especially when it comes to installing and updating programs. That shit likes to break, 90% of my hassle with Wine has been installers fucking up. If it installs, it tends to run okay.

the other 10% is stupid redrawing issues

>normie
you need to go back

>Mac OS
immediately hang yourself

Redpill me on Devuan. I need to use LibreOffice and run programs and games in wine.
I know you can add non-free repositories on devuan so driver fuckery should not be a problem.

Android x86

gentoo, but unironically

> OS to please
BlowjobOS.

For normies I recommend mac os.

I would use this unironically if it supported disk encryption.

Gentoo. It just works ootb.

Osx 10.5 easily

I assume you're referring to the Amazon thing. That got taken out ages ago.