Zoo hypothesis & Fermi paradox

> What if our civilisation is too primitive and we will not make 1st contact till we develop scientifically and evolutionary.
Like in Star Trek, Star fleet has rules not to intervere with the evolution of a species, similar to the plot of Star Trek First Contact.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_hypothesis

Personally I think we are FUCKED and the human species will perish and no one will ever know we even existed.

Attached: Great-Filter-FUCKED1.png (1276x658, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarium_hypothesis
sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t189.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most likely, most likely we are single "advanced" civilization in milky way

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarium_hypothesis

VS

The "fi" in SciFi stands for "fiction"

Monotheism

Chuck did an nice piece on the topic

sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t189.php

2nd vid

We're one of the first at least.
The collective number of accidents that led to us, plus the number of potential extinction events that let us live through them, plus the number of extinction events that could wipe out all of our technological progress insofar as ever becoming multiplanetary. The Fermi paradox isn't a paradox, it's the sad reality that we're probably among the first, and we're a fucking miracle.
Just look at all the fucking leftists who are against Musk for wanting us to be a multiplanetary species. It's nuts

>most likely

on a galaxy that spans 100.000 light years you think that somehow we are the only lifeform?

>Just look at all the fucking leftists who are against Musk for wanting us to be a multiplanetary species.
I'm not against it but it's not really practical. Every planet in our solar system, including Mars, is unbelievably hostile to life. I very much doubt humans would be able to live on Mars without reliance on supplies from Earth.
In fact, the whole Universe is hostile to life. I speculate that if it has been engineered, then it's been engineered to keep us from straying too far.

The only civilization

>Using wikipedia articles and stupid pop-sci jargon to obfuscate the fact you're afraid of being mortal and that you will die one day

tl;dr

Good. I hope we all die.

We are shit. A heresy against entropy.

I find it's much less hostile than it could ever be. What happened to y'all being the side of hope? Or long term projects?
Mars has a 24 hour and 40 minute day night cycle. It has vast amounts of steel and water ready for excavation.
Venus, on the other hand, is filled to the brim with fuel and is practically the same gravity as earth.
The same extraction methods necessary to create some livable habitats on mars would help eco-ify earth. More so for Venus, for scrubbing Atmos.

I think the Leftist are correct!
Who gave us the right to evolve!
Who gave us the right to explore space!
Who gave us the right to populate other planet with the desease known as mankind.
I'm a nihilist and I want makind to die, to be forgotten from time and history as if we never existed.
Look at the damage we have done to this planet.
People are making choices and not living with the consequences, forcing future generation to live with the mess and destruction previous generation created.
To me if feels like most people think "I want to live in comfort now and I do not care if I destroy the planet. I will we dead someday as the average lifespan is 70-80 years. Anything I cause now will never haunt me, as I can not be held accountable because I'm allready dead."
That is why there needs to be laws created that newer generation of family members can and should be punished for the mistake made by the previous generations.
If this law come to power, I'm sure most people will think twice before making a choice.

The great filter is the choice between spaceflight and welfare.

>It has vast amounts of steel
eh? Steel isn't something that occurs naturally. Can you give a source?
>Venus, on the other hand, is filled to the brim with fuel
Venus is extremely hot and has extremely high atmosphere pressure. The only probe to ever land there lasted a mere 30 minutes.

>I'm a nihilist
have sex

He probably means iron and nickel that can be smelted into steel with the appropriate process.
Metals are abundant. Even the few rovers there found some asteroid pebbles of almost pure material on the surface.

not by a long shot

>tfw niggers are the great filter

unironically this lmao

the great filter is the fucking left

>He probably means iron and nickel that can be smelted into steel
that makes more sense.
>Metals are abundant.
They are on Earth too. There's no shortage. But it's far easier to go looking for them on Earth than to mine them on Mars and send them back here. Most of the metal on Mars is iron, and there's plenty of that here.
It would make more sense to mine asteroids for rare earth metals, but that's another topic that I deem impractical. It takes a hell of a lot of fuel to accelerate and decelerate in space.

Not firm believer of shipping things around. But local resources are incredibly valuable for local expansion and Mars is excellent target resource-wise. If there's shipping involved it'll probably be related to unique brands and luxury goods. Of course, everything depends on lowering the price of cargo to space because at 10k/kilo things are looking grim.

Payloads will always be expensive. The laws of physics are inconvenient, rockets need maintenance, and they have a tendency to explode.
Maybe it should stay expensive, too. If we have everything shooting shit into LEO, it's going to become a mess. We don't want shrapnel hitting the ISS constantly.

>damage to this planet
The planet doesn't care about what we do to it. We only do damage to ourselves. The real tragedy is how many still deny it.

>Like in Star Trek, Star fleet has rules not to intervere with the evolution of a species, similar to the plot of Star Trek First Contact.
The real question is if there is any fancy physics remaining that could even be preventing us from detecting other sufficiently advanced species.

Clearly we are alone in the universe. Even if we aren't, distances are so great that we will never know for sure. Believing in ET is no different than believing in god. Both are myths.

Nah.
I'd say it's possible there are only a handful (like, count 'em with your hands) of species with near human or beyond human intelligence in the galaxy. Even if life is "common", it took absofuckinglutely forever for us to arise, and then ages for humans to even leave the planet, and we haven't even so much as stepped out into our own backyard, let alone explored the solar system.
Combine that with the possibility of other intelligent life on planets just fucking destroying themselves with war and resource depletion long before they leave their own solar system, and you end up with our apparent loneliness in the universe.
Few species capable of even attempting to get to space, strong likelihood of dying off before spreading in space, wide distance between lifeforms (period, not just intelligent life).

Yes exactly, my thinking got ahead of my writing
I want to save this planet, but I worry about nihilists like you never actually doing anything. I want a safeguard against the apolitical apathy and the antinatalist Malthusian retards.
Beyond whatever you will get accomplished with the climate, there are countless other ways we might die. There are not enough asteroid detecting satellites dedicated to saving earth. There are nowhere near enough researchers (or funding) for Yellowstone.
There are people who are against exploring new nuclear technologies, and governments too focused on uranium and plutonium for bombs to look beyond.
It's not about sending them back to earth. It's about how dependent the mars habitats will be, continually, on earth's resources. There are initial components, and upkeep components, but a lot of raw material and necessity will be born of mars itself, in the long run.
Dealing with kessler syndrome by saying let's not launch things anymore is like seeing a riot outside and saying let's not have any more kids who will grow up to riot.
It's a ridiculous isolationist and small way of thinking.

Unprovable and unfalsifiable myths. Why not look anyway? It's not like our current system has any problems wasting resources on dumbass r&d for makeup or fake r&d for new drug patents (minor molecular changes) or fuck it, 80% of startups in Silicon Valley.

Congratulations you said some incredibly stupid things your reward is an upvote. Feel free to snap a picture of your screen and share your inspiring success with friends all over the social media.

Instead of making some statements to disprove what I said, you chose to mock me. Who's the stupid one?