Have you truly nothing better to do than babysit an OS for marginal or questionable security/performance gains?

Have you truly nothing better to do than babysit an OS for marginal or questionable security/performance gains?
No hobbies? No girlfriend? No family? No books to read? No exercise?

Attached: gentoo-3d.png (1873x1917, 1.06M)

Do you have nothing better to do than complain people use a GNU/Linux distro you don't on an anonymous chinese cartoon website? No hobbies? No girlfriend? No family? No books to read? No exercise?

Better than being babysitted by my OS

Attached: YzNNeuH.jpg (524x489, 55K)

I post here once a week. How often do you do your OS's chores?

I exercise while compiling my browser.
Install Gentoo.

>gentoo
not even once
a gigantic timesink for some miniscule performance gains.
Don't fall for the meme anons.

Attached: Install_Gentoo.png (668x345, 53K)

>ascii logo is not made of 'install gentoo'
at least you tried, reddit

>be me
>married
>$35K/yr (after all expenses, including "fun")
>mostly minimalist life style (not because memes but because I genuinely enjoy it.)
>works out an hour per day
>waiting for family to show up for easter
>currently reading: study bible, thinking fast andslow
>runs gentoo on everything
Work on yourself instead of criticising people you've built a lot of assumptions about. Go find a /SIG/ thread and get better. Or don't. It's your call. Just remember, we won't let white niggers in the ethnostate.

God fucking bless user. I'm working every day towards those goals. Pray for me.
Also OP is a fag.

Attached: c425762d0faf46bfd3dd485e2a7654b9797a4275c95dfb51d64f1f70f8b3fda6.png (640x480, 246K)

You're living in a delusion, I reckon.

>No hobbies? No girlfriend? No family? No books to read? No exercise?
What do you think we do while our packages are compiling? We're out being Chads while you bitch about us on a Surinamese tetherball forum.

>biblefag
kek

What's that supposed to mean?

>let white niggers in the ethnostate.
This is your brain on American Christianity.

religion is normie cope, user. let it go

That sounds awfully ignorant. Oh well. It's your problem.

no you need to fuck off back to twitter

Pathetic, grow up and get a life.

This enrages the gentoo autist.

Attached: Screenshot_20190421_101522.png (1055x877, 94K)

>Have you truly nothing better to do than babysit an OS for marginal or questionable security/performance gains?
Correct.
>No hobbies?
My hobbies are learning computer stuff.
>No girlfriend?
Correct. I don't really care about sex or socializing. It's not something that crosses my mind on a day-to-day basis. I'm too busy with computer stuff.
>No family?
I live with my parents and pay them a modest sum from my lucrative software development job. This greatly simplifies my life so I can dedicate more time to learning computer stuff and reading more computer books. I also save a lot of money so I can spend more on computer parts and books.
>No books to read?
I do read a lot of books. I've amassed a library of computer books spanning various topics of computer science and engineering, and it will probably take me years to get through them all.
>No exercise?
I do lift weights in my home gym in the basement. While I'm resting between sets, I'll read some computer books/blogs/forums.

You sound empty of any meaning, ambition, or purpose. No offense tho.

What should his purpose be then user? Shilling microsoft and apple products on a chinese pottery forum? Please inform us as to what the truly enlightened path is.

Being good enough to make cash with these dumb pieces of plastic and silicon, and enjoying life outside what corporations provide.

I don't see any rage. Even back when Sabayon was popular, few people had Gentoo purist autism.

It's not like Sabayon fucked anything up for Gentoo's users or went full retard in general.

That user is doing both of those things.

>I don't really care about sex or socializing. It's not something that crosses my mind on a day-to-day basis. I'm too busy with computer stuff.

Everybody needs some type of social life, unless you want to drive yourself insane.

> babysit an OS
I don't. I occasionally report a bug or something, but it's not really babysitting.

> questionable security/performance gains?
Nah, just ease of maintaining my OS long term.

Haven't yet found anything that matches Gentoo in practical terms. I was able to change what I wanted to change and keep what I wanted to keep.

He's not, his mind is completely clouded with computer stuff other people invented, stuff to earn them a living and not a bit more. There is so much more to life than computer stuff.
New places to explore, activities to take up, people to meet... All this makes you a wholesome person and a great future father. Instead, he chose to learn computer stuff that will be completely obsolete and forgotten in a few years.

I wouldn't say the stuff that he chooses to learn will be completely obsolete, but there is more to life other than computers.

>his mind is completely clouded with computer stuff other people invented
Yeah man stuff other people invented is shit. I can't believe anyone would crack open a math book and read proofs written by someone else.

>New places to explore, activities to take up, people to meet... All this makes you a wholesome person and a great future father.
Hey everyone please join my facebook group where we talk about jesus and how technology is bad. Don't forget to like and subscribe and donate to my paypal, I'll even send you a printed guide on how to be a good father like me. Only one of my kids is in jail this month!

You completely ignored the "mind is completely clouded" part of the sentence and that's all I wanted you to do. Thanks for proving my point and your delusion.

Minimal babysitting beyond installation really. Unless you live on the edge that is

the customizability is more important than performance gains to me

You haven't made a point. I ignored the parts of your post that were inane, you should try improving the quality of your discourse before you criticize others.

Weak. You're completely lost and wandering. Enjoy your toys while you can.

Please refrain from posting ad hominem arguments. They do not advance your position and lower the quality of the board for everyone.

It's funny you say that, because reading the same books about the same technology does not advance your life. You've been stuck in one place and will be your entire life, that's what I'm pointing out. Yours is a sad story.

Oh but I already agreed with you on that one user. Reading books is wrong and anyone who does it is pathetic. Unless of course the book was one that I personally approve of. Then it's alright.

You get two yikes and a cringe.

It's fun and you learn a lot about computers. And it's rewarding with the efficiency gains for your workflow, you'll never go back. I work out 4 times a week have girlfriend and family but books are gay.

>babysit an OS
pic not related

No thanks, I don't want those, you can have them back.

You know, sometimes I feel like shitposting on Jow Forums, spending time configuring the kernel and optimizing gcc is more fun then doing other things.

I think it is their hobby plus besides diatri hoppers its configured a little at a time like normal. I've had lots of fun playing with freedos in a vm.
But yea, pic related is completely true. :)

Attached: oscomp.jpg (962x693, 179K)

>diatri
*distro